Wanted: Audi S3 8V 3 door boot spoiler (OE)

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
Looking for an OE S3 boot lid spoiler for a facelift 2017 8V 3 door A3. Any out there taking up dust in a corner?

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I actually do :joy: but.................... it won't fit unless you change the black triangles in the corners which I have removed one of so far as it arrived broken

However, this is a theory and as far as I am aware (at the time of checking), no one had put a RS3 spoiler onto a hatch

Or hold on, are you looking a lip for the OE spoiler or the whole thing?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
That's not RS3, just a A3/S3 one - RS3 has indents:

1706633820454.png

And that has a Maxton lip on it - the one i have at home is black

They are also a complete BASSSSSSTARD to take off - anyone I have spoken too has ended up cutting them out - I have gone as far as taking off the boot trim and all the bolts holding the spoiler on but its the plastic poppers that are near impossible to loosen

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
OP
Johnny_E
Drives
C220
Right... Lightbulb moment.

There's no such thing as a 3dr RS3 I think I'm right to say?

In that case, we're needing an S3 3dr spoiler I'm pretty sure, like that eBay one above. They've listed it as RS3 but that's not right I don't think.

Looks like a tricky job right enough.... But hopefully new poppers can be got if any are snapped.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Yeah no 3 door RS3 ever produced from 8P - 8V - 8Y

The spoiler you need doesn't have to be from a S3, can be from a S-Line as well (can be pre facelift or facelift 8V so from 2014-20 odd when they stopped)

Will give me some drive to get mine changed, might do a @ace275 garage paint special on the spoiler in the mean time as its currently black

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy

The spoiler you need doesn't have to be from a S3, can be from a S-Line as well (can be pre facelift or facelift 8V so from 2014-20 odd when they stopped)

Will give me some drive to get mine changed, might do a @ace275 garage paint special on the spoiler in the mean time as its currently black

Mine was a fantastic job. Until the winter arrived then it blistered :rolleyes:

Primer must have had a bit of moisture in it despite me having heaters against it

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
OP
Johnny_E
Drives
C220

Thanks... All the eBay ones are pre facelift 3 dr spoilers so I'd wondered if they'd be identical to post facelift. Hopefully the same tabs etc....

Edward Smith

Drives
A Class
Looking for an OE S3 boot lid spoiler for a facelift 2017 8V 3 door A3. Any out there taking up dust in a corner?
Hi there.
I have door with spoiler attached, it's from a 2017, 67 plate S3.
Mint condition. It's been in storage for the last 4 years.
Can send photos if interested.
Cheers

Edward Smith

Drives
A Class
Hi,

Have had to use a screenshot from my laptop.
I'm located at Bretby, Burton on Trent.

Attachments

• 20240203_160902.jpg
    20240203_160902.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 0

Edward Smith

Drives
A Class
Better photos

Attachments

• DSC02520.JPG
    DSC02520.JPG