Wanted - Audi S3 Sportback 5 dr

a220dms

RMS Regular
Good evening

Looking for a (preferably) blue Audi S3 - 2015 onwards but would prefer newer model.

5 door and sportback essential - would also consider other colours.

Willing to pay cash. If you know of anyone considering selling theirs please give me a shout.

Cheers

Gambit

RMS Regular
i seen a nice one on usedcars at the mo

258600135.1920.jpg

a220dms

RMS Regular
OP
a220dms
i seen a nice one on usedcars at the mo

258600135.1920.jpg
Thats lovely, looks very clean. Have messaged the owner.

This has also caught my eye - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201910153322952?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=Bt12ld&model=S3&page=1&radius=30&make=AUDI&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New

Trade price around £16-£17k - dealer getting the arm in here? Mileage punchy enough on her, 44k.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3

This has also caught my eye - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201910153322952?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=Bt12ld&model=S3&page=1&radius=30&make=AUDI&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New

Trade price around £16-£17k - dealer getting the arm in here? Mileage punchy enough on her, 44k.

I see it's a manual, I'm so glad I got one with the auto box, I also held out to find one with the super sport seats and bang and olufsen sound system and really glad I did.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Are you in the trade? It’s a 2017 facelift car. £16k would get you a high mile 2013 car.

a220dms

RMS Regular
OP
a220dms
I see it's a manual, I'm so glad I got one with the auto box, I also held out to find one with the super sport seats and bang and olufsen sound system and really glad I did.

You prefer the auto gearbox? Have to say, I much prefer the manual S3. Gives me more of a connection with the car, as sad as that sounds.

Are you in the trade? It’s a 2017 facelift car. £16k would get you a high mile 2013 car.

I’m not, but I love doing deals. Are you saying it’s priced v poorly?

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
You prefer the auto gearbox? Have to say, I much prefer the manual S3. Gives me more of a connection with the car, as sad as that sounds.

Maybe I'm getting old but after a few weeks of driving it I love the auto box, haven't used the paddles once.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

I’d say it’s priced well.

We must be the only 2 people that prefer them in a manual.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Manual gives you an empty bank balance as well once the clutch goes

I had all the bits ready to go in my TTS, wasn’t too bad.

Mechatronics unit could go too though, I certainly wouldn’t let any costs be a factor in the decision.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
How much is a clutch and how often do they go on them?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
How much is a clutch and how often do they go on them?

Mine started slipping the odd time by 67k. I bought the parts for circa £5/600, but it slipped so infrequently I ended up not changing it.

Edit - and that was for a performance upgraded one.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Friend got a clutch ,flywheel fitted by Audi at a cost of £2100 on a 16 plate s3 .car was never abused like not at all and only had 20 odd k mls on it .

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Friend got a clutch ,flywheel fitted by Audi at a cost of £2100 on a 16 plate s3 .car was never abused like not at all and only had 20 odd k mls on it .
Surprised it wasn’t changed under warranty.

a220dms

RMS Regular
OP
a220dms
I’d say it’s priced well.

We must be the only 2 people that prefer them in a manual.

It also has a lack of service history. Granted it’s only 2 years old but 44k on the clock. Stick or twist?