Wanted cheapy ass vehicle

Deleted member 13907

D
What I'm about to say can cause some controversy on many car forums, but dont get too hung up on 4x4 for winter driving. A front wheel drive car with a good set of winter tyres will go places a 4x4 on summer tyres wont.
I have an xdrive 3 series, and my work ford focus, and my wife's old DS3 would drive up the hill past our house without any bother on winter tyres. The xdrive would get up the hill ok, but braking was a whole different ball game. I've fitted winter tyres to our 3 cars now for around 10 years, and wouldn't be without them.
Buy, for example, the exeo. Fit a set of winter tyres for 80 quid a corner. Sell them when you sell the car, and you'll recover some of your outlay.
Cheers
Cooks
I’ve been thinking exactly the same myself this to be honest. 4wd just pushes the price up a wee bit and at the end of the day it’s something else to go wrong.
I’ve the cash in my hand now from selling the wife’s car - ideally looking to spend no more than £3500 - leaves me with a few quid for the likes of winter tyres. I’d also be keen to put one of those carplay systems in (assuming what I’m buying won’t have Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, etc) - again something I can sell on.
Just realised my last 2 posts are polar opposites 😂
It’s been one of those days 🤦🏻‍♂️

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
I'm selling a 2009 Grey Astra H sports Hatch 1.7 Diesel after it flies through a retest this evening. £1000 will lift it. 112k, been treated like it was my own child where parts are concerned. New brakes and fluids recently. Pics if you send me an email enquiry.
Cheers
Del
I'd be interested in this! Any pics

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I'd be interested in this! Any pics
4C0C5C5C-62F7-47AB-9F0B-8705BB04BF35.jpeg

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I’ve been thinking exactly the same myself this to be honest. 4wd just pushes the price up a wee bit and at the end of the day it’s something else to go wrong.
I’ve the cash in my hand now from selling the wife’s car - ideally looking to spend no more than £3500 - leaves me with a few quid for the likes of winter tyres. I’d also be keen to put one of those carplay systems in (assuming what I’m buying won’t have Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, etc) - again something I can sell on.
Just realised my last 2 posts are polar opposites 😂
It’s been one of those days 🤦🏻‍♂️
That's allowed on a Monday lol.
I think you'll get a fine car for that money. I picked up a great set of genuine merc rims and winter tyres for my wife's a-class for £450. I've bought genuine rims and winter tyres for all our cars when I bought them, and sold them on when I've sold the cars.
20190923_222614.jpg

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Bumping this up, looking a cheap runabout for the wife ideally petrol upto 2k!