Wanted - E46 M3

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Don’t think he’s on here any longer but John maxwell is considering shifting his on

A624699F-CF6A-4D3F-91CC-B84ACD71FBA8.jpeg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Friend of mine has a really mint ‘02 Steel Grey SMG he will be advertising soon. Grey leather, 19” diamond cut wheels.

I know you said manual, but if you’re interested drop me a PM and I’ll put you in touch. 👍🏻

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Thanks @Woodcutter but I drove an smg one a while back and didn't really gel with it. 👍

Takes more than one drive to get used to the SMG…and also depends on whether it’s a well maintained car ..
CSL update on it changes it massively too.

Can do the manual conversion now for around £2.5k, finding an SMG that’s a cleaner more sorted car might not be worst idea …I wouldn’t let it put you off the perfect car if you find it

a lot are now appreciating the SMG more than years ago when most hadn’t drove them or taken time to learn it

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Thanks @Woodcutter but I drove an smg one a while back and didn't really gel with it. 👍

I wouldn’t buy a manual, I prefer SMG, had it in my CSL obviously as there was no manual option.

Initially I hated it, but a week of driving and I was loving it.

Manual box in them is notchy and long. I wasn’t a fan.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I wouldn’t buy a manual, I prefer SMG, had it in my CSL obviously as there was no manual option.

Initially I hated it, but a week of driving and I was loving it.

Manual box in them is notchy and long. I wasn’t a fan.

See I’m the same - this is now my 2nd SMG M3 and i set out to find another SMG..
It’s rewarding gearbox imo- having to drive it like a manual but still having the upside of no clutch pedal and quicker shifts when hurtling on

One of the best articles on SMG…long but v good…

Last edited: