Wanted Focus St

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
After having 2 I want another one. Anything considered. Must be willing to take my turbo Vectra in px unless I’ve it sold before. Any colour apart from black and lower the miles the better.
Vectra is 07 with 76k 2 litre turbo petrol full xp limited edition btcc model. It’s priced at 2k for a px.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
a24f68362e11129dff9c9b2d99898f589c66b8f487324ff5fdcfaac337783e94.jpg

MarkM

RMS Regular
Know nothing about it but it fits your requirements....

FB Motors - 2009 Ford Focus ST-2

That’s a total dog, every panel, both bumpers, drivers mirror, all 4 wheels have some form of damage, bonnet has a 10” deep and wide scratch very poorly touched in lol we were looking for an ST, looked at loads, very hard to find a decent one, just decided they didn’t exist and to avoid them

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
That’s a total dog, every panel, both bumpers, drivers mirror, all 4 wheels have some form of damage, bonnet has a 10” deep and wide scratch very poorly touched in lol we were looking for an ST, looked at loads, very hard to find a decent one, just decided they didn’t exist and to avoid them
You say dog, dealer says immaculate.
Think I know who to believe

@56oval had a lovely red one for sale, not sure if it's sold and he strictly didn't want part ex

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Im looking one at the moment too preferably in white. @gsmith your old white one looked a clinker (y)i prefer the st2 shape than the st3, i prefer the front lights an that on the st2. @56oval was selling what looked like a real cracking example of one a few weeks back & i just missed it 8o|

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Hard to find now although this time iam looking one to abuse every day although I’d buy either off my old ones back in a heartbeat and possibly keep the Vectra as a daily. :monkey:
There a nightmare to find a decent one. A lot of them are rotten now and if you get one that hasn’t had all the common faults fixed can run into a few grand easily.

MarkM

RMS Regular
You say dog, dealer says immaculate.
Think I know who to believe

@56oval had a lovely red one for sale, not sure if it's sold and he strictly didn't want part ex

Honestly, we were so gutted, looks good in the pics but it’s a horror show, proper ignorant git owns the place too. Being polite, we looked around it, 1st thing he did was pull open the passenger door and it bounced off a red Hyundai sitting beside it.....set the tone :confounded: Unsurprisingly there is no full service history as advertised, I asked if the belt was done, he opened the book and pointed at some hand written text and said yes, I asked to see it again and the text said brake pads 26k and the date :joy:

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Honestly, we were so gutted, looks good in the pics but it’s a horror show, proper ignorant git owns the place too. Being polite, we looked around it, 1st thing he did was pull open the passenger door and it bounced off a red Hyundai sitting beside it.....set the tone :confounded: Unsurprisingly there is no full service history as advertised, I asked if the belt was done, he opened the book and pointed at some hand written text and said yes, I asked to see it again and the text said brake pads 26k and the date :joy:
He sounds like a real top bloke:laughing:

56oval

RMS Regular
After deliberating and messing @MarkM about ( apologies mark ) i decided to sell mine after christmas. I was in two minds but it was literally just sitting in the garage doing nothing. Prices seem to be all over the place, cheap 3k hen houses to 8k-10k performance dealer fodder. I could have easily asked £6500 in the spring but I priced mine fairly to sell, not to hang around like most. It was a brilliant car , loads of character and good fun, but it was a box ticking excersize. I just didn't enjoy washing and waxing, i love my older cars to tinker with. First guy to call came that day, said it was the best he'd looked at in 2 years trying to find one and the deal was done.

My advice, find the best unmodified example you can find with decent miles. You wont lose a penny.

Last edited:

scubbay

RMS Regular
Drives
10 second Imprez
My Sea Grey ST3 2006 will be for sale in a couple of weeks. 66k very nice car.Not the cheapest one on offer but is an original clean car.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.