Wanted: heavy duty battery

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Splash out and buy a Midac battery. I’ve 1 thats now about 4 years old in my Range Rover, and it’s fantastic. The RR is the hardest vehicle I’ve ever had as far as needing good power to start it goes, and the Midac cranks it over like it’s a 2 stroke boat engine. It could sit for weeks and not lose a bit of cranking power. I also installed them in the lorry and the aul boys V12 Merc, all of which need big amps to get them going.

@Ged could comment on how good they are, as that’s what he used for his Cummins LR too.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Splash out and buy a Midac battery. I’ve 1 thats now about 4 years old in my Range Rover, and it’s fantastic. The RR is the hardest vehicle I’ve ever had as far as needing good power to start it goes, and the Midac cranks it over like it’s a 2 stroke boat engine. It could sit for weeks and not lose a bit of cranking power. I also installed them in the lorry and the aul boys V12 Merc, all of which need big amps to get them going.

@Ged could comment on how good they are, as that’s what he used for his Cummins LR too.
Decent battery Nicky Tbf expensive but worth the money

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
As Nicky said midac are the best value for money in my opinion as well, they arnt budget but you only get what you pay for as far as batteries goes. I've run them in everything for years trucks tractors Cummins powered everything the defender ram and GMC now have them, and when I get time I might look at a li ion one for the saxo.

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
OP
Marty Lad
Drives
E46 M3
If it was for something I was driving / using every day I’d 100% be putting a brand new decent make battery in it, this is for a road compressor that won’t be started too often so keeping an eye out for a good used one, cheers

Dexter mcf

RMS Regular
Drives
Orion ghia, XR3i
I have one cane out a range rover was told there was a dead cell but was working fine til i left the radio on all night and flattened it got it tested was told it was faulty laid £150 for a new one but charged up the old one and jts held the charge bound to be worth £40 if your not happy with it bring it back.

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
OP
Marty Lad
Drives
E46 M3
I’ve got the starter refurbed on this engine and it’s starting much better with the current battery so I’m going to stick with it for now and see how it goes, thanks