Wanted Honda CBR 125R or similar bike for learning

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Posting on behalf of a close friend who is currently learning to ride and wants something to practice on. Would anyone have or know of a Honda cb125r for sale or anything similar, preferably around the £1000 to get her started. The budget is low as I don't imagine it will be kept for too long, as it will be quickly out grown. Missed out on a lovely one on Gumtree last night, but the seller entered the wrong phone number, disappeared this morning. Cash waiting for a quick sale.

Thanks in advance.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
You learn on a 600cc these days not 125cc depends what he’s looking to ride

Its more the size and getting something small, she can't touch the ground on my supermoto or fireblade so most 600s will be the same, and she doesn't want to start lowering the bike to suit. 125 is a good fit and will do the job for a few months to build the confidence up. But I 100% agree with you that a bigger bike should be the first bike from most points of view.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
You'd get a decent CG125 for £500-800 and it's usually only the indicators that suffer if you drop them. Unlike a CBR with all the bodywork to get cracked.
Especially if not a bike she will be keeping. If you look after it an older 125 will sell for what you bought it for.
I'd still recommend a 125 if you are short and light and need confidence building.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Cg125 would work the very best at that sort of money, its just so she has something to use while doing the lessons. How does one access the whatsapp group?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
You'd get a decent CG125 for £500-800 and it's usually only the indicators that suffer if you drop them. Unlike a CBR with all the bodywork to get cracked.
Especially if not a bike she will be keeping. If you look after it an older 125 will sell for what you bought it for.
I'd still recommend a 125 if you are short and light and need confidence building.

The CBR 125 would match my fireblade perfectly.

I missed out on that last night, it would have been perfect.

Screenshot_20191010-133739_WhatsApp.jpg