Wanted: Something Interesting for £1500

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I've messaged about a TT 225. Without diving into the depths of some 1.8T forum, is there any particular variant/year of that engine that should be avoided?

May also message about that Golf but when I see a car for sale in Strabane I normally scroll on past - its the distance and the fact it normally looks like scrap. High standards for a Larne man but anyway....
Oil pickup strainer can block on them, starving the top end of oil and killing the turbo. Sub £20 to sort, no sump gasket, and an hours work. Always keep a spare coil in the car too!

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
OP
StevenMc29
Hopefully get a look at a TT this weekend but there is still something appealing about a 4x4. Anyone any feedback on cheap Freelanders? Eg:

Screenshot_20201118-183106_Facebook.jpg

Not in my budget but definitely some interesting stuff on FB Marketplace

Screenshot_20201118-183246_Facebook.jpg

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
OP
StevenMc29
Was lined up to view a TT on Saturday past but it sold on the Friday evening and struggling to see anything else of interest. Anyone know of anything out there? Ready to purchase.

Sham1

RMS Regular
Would love another 182 but they seem to be climbing in money. If anyone knows of a decent MX5 for my budget, would certainly be interested.

Anyone rate an ST150 Fiesta?

Also tempted by a Jimny thinking £1500 might get you a leggy early one but you would need to remortgage the house ffs. Range Rovers are cheaper ffs
There seems to be a fad in England converting the jimny’s into pickups, so I would say good ones are being bought up for conversions.
seem like a good alternative to the noddy cars UTV’s from John deere and Polaris.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I've lost count how many times that thing has been sold this year

Yeah was down to £800 with not much MOT left and needing window reg's changed. I saw it parked one day and had a quick walk round, was actually very tidy and the wheels were near mint. Think had a scuff on rear bumper and wing wasn't sitting flush with sill on one side

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
OP
StevenMc29
Still looking if anyone knows of anything.

Warm/hot hatch or 4x4. Ready to buy.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
That looks clean from the photos for near 200k Fred. Suppose it’s better getting a genuine car instead of something clocked more than a d turbo
Was Mrs Sunrise’s pride and joy, had to be and needed to be kept right for her.