(WANTED) Volvo V70 D5

glynnnova

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 GTST, S2000
Wanted, a Volvo v70 d5 manual, preferably with less than 130,000 miles on it, 2007 or newer.
Pm if you have one or know of one.

Cheers

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
2007 would be last of the Ph2. 185BHP, and although they have issues with swirl flaps and DPF, in my opinion they are a much better unit than whats in the 2008 on Ph3 D5 205BHP. If however you go for the Forvo (yes, they are stamped in various locations on the body FoMoCo) make sure the timing belt was done at 100k BY A VOLVO DEALER. They had a modification on the aux belt tensioner which was carried out at the timing belt change by the dealers and requires a jig to drill a new hole in the block. The Aux belt on these later engines also needs to be changed at every 54k service. Easiest way to identify the 205 D5, its a twin turbo.

glynnnova

RMS Regular
OP
glynnnova
Drives
R33 GTST, S2000
2007 would be last of the Ph2. 185BHP, and although they have issues with swirl flaps and DPF, in my opinion they are a much better unit than whats in the 2008 on Ph3 D5 205BHP. If however you go for the Forvo (yes, they are stamped in various locations on the body FoMoCo) make sure the timing belt was done at 100k BY A VOLVO DEALER. They had a modification on the aux belt tensioner which was carried out at the timing belt change by the dealers and requires a jig to drill a new hole in the block. The Aux belt on these later engines also needs to be changed at every 54k service. Easiest way to identify the 205 D5, its a twin turbo.
I didn’t know that, thanks for the advice!
I currently have an 07 with 225,000 miles on it and fancy something slightly newer, but would be very happy with a ph2 with much lower miles than mine.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I didn’t know that, thanks for the advice!
I currently have an 07 with 225,000 miles on it and fancy something slightly newer, but would be very happy with a ph2 with much lower miles than mine.
It's like Volvo's best kept secret. I won't bore you with the details of how I know. Other than to say I've recently dealt with the aftermath of one. Might have a punter for yours of your selling too!

glynnnova

RMS Regular
OP
glynnnova
Drives
R33 GTST, S2000
It's like Volvo's best kept secret. I won't bore you with the details of how I know. Other than to say I've recently dealt with the aftermath of one. Might have a punter for yours of your selling too!
Thanks! I may be in touch if I find something good.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Is it not the 2012 on 215hp D5 that's the twin turbo...all prior were single ?

The old tensioner seems to be some sort of hydraulic affair, the replacement is a regular spring loaded tensioner. Mine was done at around 50k I think ( long before I owned it of course ).
Not sure if it was a recall or something. Would need to check receipts to see if the then owner was charged for it

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Is it not the 2012 on 215hp D5 that's the twin turbo...all prior were single ?

The old tensioner seems to be some sort of hydraulic affair, the replacement is a regular spring loaded tensioner. Mine was done at around 50k I think ( long before I owned it of course ).
Not sure if it was a recall or something. Would need to check receipts to see if the then owner was charged for it
One I done was 2009 205hp. Wasn't a recall, was a service adjustment or something. 1st tensioner was mechanical, then went hydraulic and when it still was failing they went back to mechanical. Absolute balls up if you ask me. Definitely a case of if it ain't broke done fix it. All because they changed the belt set up

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Did this block mod apply to the black top (pre dpf) engine? Mines on 140k, had a full belt change in Greers at 100k, I got it changed again when I bought it as plan to keep her for a good while, not sure what type of tensioner mechanic put on it though

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Did this block mod apply to the black top (pre dpf) engine? Mines on 140k, had a full belt change in Greers at 100k, I got it changed again when I bought it as plan to keep her for a good while, not sure what type of tensioner mechanic put on it though
D5244T10 engine or variants of it. D5 twin turbo