Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Lotta miles, and not cheap. I wouldn’t get excited about edition30 just buy a good gti for less
Think I'm going to just wait seeing I'm in no rush. As much as i want a car I don't really care about , I still was something nice and not overpriced !

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I’m not into golfs but I think I’d sooner a mk5 r32 than gti ?

This is just under 6k, 118k mile and DSG, service history etc. Only the first one I seen but grabbed it for a example

AA83451D-87AA-4C58-A555-5761704682D0.png

7D7DEB7D-8225-4373-863C-6A9FF6BC131F.png

Reactions: Mel

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I’m not into golfs but I think I’d sooner a mk5 r32 than gti ?

This is just under 6k, 118k mile and DSG, service history etc. Only the first one I seen but grabbed it for a example

View attachment 255663

View attachment 255664
Yeah i would love one of those and had a look through them last night. Only thing stopping me is its 3 door. Don't even know if I need 5door really so could skip that part of the criteria. Where is that one listed ? As usual my head is melted searching through that many sites and messaging different people i dont know who is who now.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Facebook market. Craigavon or something
Found it. There's this one a bit closer and less miles, and a dealer.
Need to have a look. I really need you guys to keep me right as I've no clue on values.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191107-071410_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191107-071410_Facebook.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Reactions: Mel

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
It's like a Golf r32 - but far cheaper

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed

It's such a pity some of these cars have interior colour and or body colour I'm not keen on. Think it would annoy me.

Is there any others ?

purplea4T

RMS Regular

Boy in work owned this a couple of years ago, well specced car that gave him very few problems when he had it.

Gambit

RMS Regular
R32 has a bit of character to it at least, and they definitely stand out from the crowd in the blue. Every turn of the key will have you purring over the noise.

The only thing you need to be concerned with on r32 is timing chain stretch...this can be checked using vagcom and is the only thing I would insist on being checked before any actual purchase. That goes with all models that have that engine

The audi equivalent is a bit meh hence why they're significantly cheaper.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
R32 has a bit of character to it at least, and they definitely stand out from the crowd in the blue. Every turn of the key will have you purring over the noise.

The only thing you need to be concerned with on r32 is timing chain stretch...this can be checked using vagcom and is the only thing I would insist on being checked before any actual purchase. That goes with all models that have that engine

The audi equivalent is a bit meh hence why they're significantly cheaper.
See the silver one is at a dealer at least. But the colour is a bit meh. Not bad but just a bit plain.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Silver is meh in them. The black isn't bad looking but the blue tops the bunch imo as its stands out on the road compared to every other golf of which there are bazillions off

Just hold out for the right one
Also, you enjoy cleaning/polishing cars....the blue will at least show your efforts. Silver I could polish it and itd look just as good as anyone else will do

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Silver is meh in them. The black isn't bad looking but the blue tops the bunch imo as its stands out on the road compared to every other golf of which there are bazillions off

Just hold out for the right one
Also, you enjoy cleaning/polishing cars....the blue will at least show your efforts. Silver I could polish it and itd look just as good as anyone else will do
Yeah was thinking that about polishing. Silver is for people who cant be arsed washing cars 😆

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Notice you have changed the title to R32, but, I was going to suggest a Focus ST. I know its not an auto, but it would hard to beat the sound of the 5 cylinder for blasting about in.

There won't be much blasting about being done to be honest. I've kinda narrowed it down to the r32 otherwise there's hundreds of options to choose from, and having to "make do" with some of my criteria.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Wings need replaced

And love the wires hanging out on the 4th pic lol