Warranty aftermarket or dealer

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yep. Bought the car from Hollybrook, and then added the BMW warranty on, quote online then called to clarify a few things and bought over the phone.

First 30 days were not covered from memory

Did the same with my 335i.

Reactions: PDK

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
This is the exact reason I pay monthly with my BMW insured warranty with the 335i.
Started around 55k miles. So far nothing has broken... at all in the 2.5 years I’ve had the warranty. Hoping something does so I get some value out of it!

I must have got a good 335i...

My premium increases each year by around £1-2 per month as the likelihood of repairs increases as the car gets older - that’s what they say on the annual letter.

I thought I’d come back to this thread to update.
My 335i was lifted from my house by BMW emergency services last Tuesday due to an EML light which came on.

Brought to country garage and it’s now getting 2 new turbos fitted all covered by this warranty.
From what I understand it’s £1500 per turbo and then labour for fitting and the initial diagnosic work/ labour hours.

I’ve also been supplied with a courtesy car while mine is in for repair
So in short. I’m glad I have the level of cover I do and with breakdown included, the speed and service I’ve experienced has been fantastic.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I thought I’d come back to this thread to update.
My 335i was lifted from my house by BMW emergency services last Tuesday due to an EML light which came on.

Brought to country garage and it’s now getting 2 new turbos fitted all covered by this warranty.
From what I understand it’s £1500 per turbo and then labour for fitting and the initial diagnosic work/ labour hours.

I’ve also been supplied with a courtesy car while mine is in for repair
So in short. I’m glad I have the level of cover I do and with breakdown included, the speed and service I’ve experienced has been fantastic.
Lucky, bmw warranty is good, well as long as the ni dealer who sold you the car as having “full service history” wasn’t bull****ting and then tried to mug you off after a problem arose.

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Have an f30 320diesel 100000miles d’être it serviced local man every 10000 miles. Never a problem. Ur kidding unself if u r paying for bmw warranty.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Some of the bills are eye watering though!
Really does depend on the car. I’ll be continuing with BMW when my warranty expires next year, I’m driving a car way above my station lol
Have you priced one for the m4 mark? I would say it's £1500+ from memory.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Have you priced one for the m4 mark? I would say it's £1500+ from memory.

A friend is paying £85/month for the fully comp one, if it’s paid monthly the price stays the same while you own the car, if paid annually, it increases

J55NI

RMS Regular
A friend is paying £85/month for the fully comp one, if it’s paid monthly the price stays the same while you own the car, if paid annually, it increases
I would be querying the £85/month. I just typed the reg in online for a 2015 and it came back at £181 month for comprehensive but no breakdown cover.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I would be querying the £85/month. I just typed the reg in online for a 2015 and it came back at £181 month for comprehensive but no breakdown cover.

Online prices aren’t what people actually pay though, have a read on cutters, everyone calls them for a better deal, £85 is def what is being paid in this case, that was 6-7 months ago though, I’d you renew before it expires it’s cheaper, let it lapse and it doubles

J55NI

RMS Regular
Online prices aren’t what people actually pay though, have a read on cutters, everyone calls them for a better deal, £85 is def what is being paid in this case, that was 6-7 months ago though

I have the extended bmw warranty on mine and can confirm the prices are as displayed and they don't offer any discount well so I'm told anyways.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Guess it comes down to the old Dirty Harry sayin. Do you feel lucky punk lol

You’re right, and I’ve never been interested before, but then never had a car this expensive to fix before lol I’ll make the descision next March 8o|

MarkM

RMS Regular
I have the extended bmw warranty on mine and can confirm the prices are as displayed and they don't offer any discount well so I'm told anyways.

If you renew before the factory warranty lapses you get a much better deal it seems, I’ve just had a scan on cutters and £84 seems the common figure fully comp. if it lapses the premium doubles.
Stop scaring me, I’ve another year to go :joy:
If I’ve no warranty it’ll be mapped to **** lmao

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46

The monthly premium is reviewed annually.
Mine has went up a £1 or £2 per month, but no where near the increase if paid and renewed annually.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
If you renew before the factory warranty lapses you get a much better deal it seems, I’ve just had a scan on cutters and £84 seems the common figure fully comp. if it lapses the premium doubles.

Diarise to purchase your monthly policy about 6 weeks before your AUC warranty expires.
First 30 days of the policy you can’t claim.

Edit don’t actually know if this applies to warranty whilst having an AUC warranty.
My car wasn’t AUC so the 30 exclusion applied to me

Last edited:

MarkM

RMS Regular
Diarise to purchase your monthly policy about 6 weeks before your AUC warranty expires.
First 30 days of the policy you can’t claim.

Edit don’t actually know if this applies to warranty whilst having an AUC warranty.
My car wasn’t AUC so the 30 exclusion applied to me

Thanks for that (y)

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
If I’ve no warranty it’ll be mapped to **** lmao

My warranty expires at the end of May and called up last week to see what BMW would charge to see whether its worth keeping or not. Highest cover plus BMW roadside assistance is £1,300 a year without an excess or £875 with a £250 excess which I thought was really reasonable for an M car.

MarkM

RMS Regular
My warranty expires at the end of May and called up last week to see what BMW would charge to see whether its worth keeping or not. Highest cover plus BMW roadside assistance is £1,300 a year without an excess or £875 with a £250 excess which I thought was really reasonable for an M car.

£875 is much more like it (y)

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
All well and good until something goes.

I’m paying £336 a year for a VW one in our Golf R and wouldn’t entertain not doing it!
Who's this with and how many miles? Our warranty is up in July so will need an extension