Wash mitts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
What wash mitts are people using ? i got a meguires one about a year ago didn't even use it that much ( maybe once every couple of weeks & all the wool is coming out of it leaving a big bald patch lol then i went & bought one of ebay hardly used it & its developed a hole in it 8-( whats everyones opinion on the best one to buy ?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Not a mitt but I find it does the job better, the sponge inside soaks up plenty of soapy water so maintains lubrication, plus it's long piled so good for keeping any dirt off the paint.
Incredisponge-01.jpg

Had mine for a good few years now, and used it quite a bit I imagine by now.

I use a mitt as it's intended but hear there's plenty who just use it like a sponge so this is the best of both worlds

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I personally like the megs ones simply because they don’t fall off my hand and the bug net on the other side is handy as I use it for bugs but also the lower parts of the car rather than the lambs wool side

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
I changed to the "one bucket method". Bought 12 of these for £12, use each one for different panels. Once they've been used they don't go back into the bucket. Such a time saver, no dunking into a second bucket to rinse each time etc no grit gaurds and it has been totally safe if not safer than the old 2 bucket way. Just makes sense to me.

washmitt.jpg

Mac1987

RMS Regular
OP
Mac1987
Drives
Anything
I personally like the megs ones simply because they don’t fall off my hand and the bug net on the other side is handy as I use it for bugs but also the lower parts of the car rather than the lambs wool side
Is that what that other side is for ? Lol didn't even know that, never used that side lol

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I changed to the "one bucket method". Bought 12 of these for £12, use each one for different panels. Once they've been used they don't go back into the bucket. Such a time saver, no dunking into a second bucket to rinse each time etc no grit gaurds and it has been totally safe if not safer than the old 2 bucket way. Just makes sense to me.

View attachment 230224

Otherwise known as the 12 mitt method lol

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I have a Dodo Juice Supernatural Wookies fist and has lasted me about 4-5 years so far. I also have a cheap £10 one off eBay for the other half's car :p

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car

View attachment 230224
Slippers ? :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.