Washing car windows

Ricky

RMS Regular
Hi,

I can’t seem to ever wash my car without making the windows messier than what they were before the wash!

I hose the windows down, wash them with soapy water and a sponge then rinse, just like the rest of the car. I then chamois the windows dry and then all the streaks start to appear.

once I’ve done that, I use a car window spray and follow its instructions but I can never seem to do it streak free!

How do you guys do it properly?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Best to throw that chamois in the bin. Inducing scratches since the day and hour they were invented.

YouTube is your best bet for window cleaning advice.

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP
Bin the sponge and the chamois! Both will be clogged with dirt from the paintwork resulting in you smearing said dirt over the glass. Invest in proper glass cleaning microfibres from @Big Pimp. Don’t forget to clean the interior side of the glass at the same time 👍 If there’s still streaks after this then try claying the glass to remove bonded contamination and polishing with any good glass polish.

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
These,

Followed up with these, for the final buff

I’ve found nothing better than these. Giving the glass a good clay once or twice a year helps immensely.