Washing microfibre cloths

davyk31

RMS Regular
Washed a pile of microfibres recently. They came up really well and nice and clean, used a non bio liquid wash and no softener. Let them dry naturally and no tumble dryer.

Now when I use them I can see little micro yellow fibres left on the car. Gave tried 2 or 3 cloths and they are all the same. What did I do wrong and can I do anything to sort these cloths or are they all for the bin.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Washed a pile of microfibres recently. They came up really well and nice and clean, used a non bio liquid wash and no softener. Let them dry naturally and no tumble dryer.

Now when I use them I can see little micro yellow fibres left on the car. Gave tried 2 or 3 cloths and they are all the same. What did I do wrong and can I do anything to sort these cloths or are they all for the bin.
Even my new ones do that. I'd be interested to hear the answer.

Jason

RMS Regular
We've never been able to wash them successfully for use on car paintwork so just use them for door shuts, engine bays etc and buy new ones for bodywork. Those are the dear grey autoglym ones too.

stevensti

RMS Regular
Drives
slowly

It all depends on what is on the towels. Some waxes and fluids repel water extremely well and can even leave the microfibres sticky to touch. Fairy liquid followed by a hot wash should help.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
It all depends on what is on the towels. Some waxes and fluids repel water extremely well and can even leave the microfibres sticky to touch. Fairy liquid followed by a hot wash should help.
Definitely don’t use them as an alternative to a fun sock. They’re never the same again.