Washing techniques

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I like most of my anachem products but tbh I wasn’t fussed on my gleam I got .in saying that it must be 18 month or 2 year ago I got it .it probably is a great product but I just couldn’t get my head around there not being any suds from it .i understand it’s not all about that but just my personal opinion .
Old green formula dude? I changed it as the old formula as t great.
That’ll be the old formula, I have it too and haven’t really gelled with it. The new version is supposed to be much better so I’ll be adding some to my next order.
Definitely a big difference between old & new

I recently started using gleam and find it suds well but still doesn't sud as much as the meguiars stuff but I like the gleam shampoo. Will be looking to try the hybrid stuff next
Which one are you using? As the master @big_pete says:

Suds are just an illusion with shampoo. It's lubricity is what's key

Suds look good, but it’s how slick it should feel is what makes the difference

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Suds are just an illusion with shampoo. It's lubricity is what's key[/
Old green formula dude? I changed it as the old formula as t great.

Definitely a big difference between old & new

Which one are you using? As the master @big_pete says:

Suds look good, but it’s how slick it should feel is what makes the difference
Yes it’s the first batch of shampoo you done .You can defo feel it slick on your hands and will get the new one next when my current bottle is finished .

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
I've now finished my green Gleam and have moved onto the new versions, noticing the fragrances are very strong and they are very slick.
I also like to see plenty of suds in the bucket so use 2 x 25ml measures when filling my large bucket. Plenty of suds then.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I have a separate mitt for the wheels and do them first after I articulate then foam the car, means less time for the water to dry on the glass leaving water marks once the motor is washed

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Im having snow foam issues. I know the foam isn't important but im a bit childish when it comes to foam and find myself watching youtubers foaming cars. Its therapeutic :p
I bought a 'sams detailing' snow foam cannon for £20, which isn't the dearest but i couldn't see the difference in build compared to the more expensive ones
Anyway, i broke the bottle and I'm currently using a generic auto smart bottle
Idk if this is whats effecting my foam output, but its crap
The foam projects out of the lance in a wedge shaped but the majority of it falls straight down to the ground and any that hits the car runs off it like water
Im using a parkside powerwasher
Any advice is most welcome!
3-01-test1.png

20180827_210724.jpg

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
What wheel brushes does everyone use?
I'm after something decent that isn't expensive

Oh and anyone on the lookout for buckets and grit guards. Halfords have 30% off meguiars, i picked up a bucket and guard for £14 which I don't think is too bad

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
Im sure its been brought up somewhere on rms but what is the best way to go about cleaning the inside of the windscreen?

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
I have Clearview and use it on the inside and outside of the windows but I'm always weary of using anything on the inside of the front windscreen.
Should it be ok for the inside of windscreen?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I have Clearview and use it on the inside and outside of the windows but I'm always weary of using anything on the inside of the front windscreen.

I use it on all my windows inside and then use hydraclean on the outside. It is ok for the inside of the windscreen.

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS

It’s all I use inside on the screen mate, Actually all inside glass every now and again and its a great job, easy used (y)

Seems to keep the misting up this wether down imo

Walder

RMS Regular
Bring this one back from the dead...

My current regime is...

Pull everything out of the garage and get all the spray snow foam bottle etc measured out and ready to rock.

Spray purge on the wheels

Go do a lap with Articulate and leave it for a while to work.

Snow foam like I'm happy gilmore

Scrub the wheels.

Power hose everything down and re foam. (unnecessary but so much fun)

Two bucket wash.

Then spray ultra gloss on and do the tyres and stand back and smile. (to which my wife will go it costs a fiver and 15 minutes at the euro wash......)

My new conundrum is I have bought a bottle of hybrid. (just waiting on it being dispatched.)

Do I use ultra gloss and hybrid or is using both over kill? Secondly do I need to dry the car after if I use ultra gloss intending to apply hybrid?

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Bring this one back from the dead...

My current regime is...

Pull everything out of the garage and get all the spray snow foam bottle etc measured out and ready to rock.

Spray purge on the wheels

Go do a lap with Articulate and leave it for a while to work.

Snow foam like I'm happy gilmore

Scrub the wheels.

Power hose everything down and re foam. (unnecessary but so much fun)

Two bucket wash.

Then spray ultra gloss on and do the tyres and stand back and smile. (to which my wife will go it costs a fiver and 15 minutes at the euro wash......)

My new conundrum is I have bought a bottle of hybrid. (just waiting on it being dispatched.)

Do I use ultra gloss and hybrid or is using both over kill? Secondly do I need to dry the car after if I use ultra gloss intending to apply hybrid?

Is it not a bit of a waste of Purge to be using it on dirty wheels? Should it not be used on clean wheels so it can get into contact with all the ferrous material it's designed to beat rather than normal dirt?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

Both work perfectly in conjunction with the other, however, once a month with hybrid is more than enough

And yes, hybrid is intended to be applied to a dry car
Is it not a bit of a waste of Purge to be using it on dirty wheels? Should it not be used on clean wheels so it can get into contact with all the ferrous material it's designed to beat rather than normal dirt?

The way perch is designed, is that it will clean even the dirtiest of services and wheels.

If it is used on cleaned wheels, then the only things which will be removed is fallout

Walder

RMS Regular
Both work perfectly in conjunction with the other, however, once a month with hybrid is more than enough

And yes, hybrid is intended to be applied to a dry car

The way perch is designed, is that it will clean even the dirtiest of services and wheels.

If it is used on cleaned wheels, then the only things which will be removed is fallout

Good man!

Looking forward to getting a rattle at it