Waterbabies horrendous photo- what to do next?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Interesting fact...the Fast Show Competitive Dad sketches were inspired by the writer observing the goings-on at a public swimming pool.

Not sure why that thought sprung to mind. Something I heard once.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
i took a break from this thread without posting, returned to look at the photo in question one more time and found it every bit as awful as i first thought when i saw it. hope you get your £££ back, it's a woeful edit.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
We went to water babies with our middle one, and the photo shoot was nowhere near £100, more like £35 or 40. He's 4 now (just) and a very confident swimmer. I'd heartily recommend it to anyone. It primarily teaches safety like holding on etc and confidence in the water.

Pic when he was 9 months, he has 'grey' eyes so kind of weird in the water.

To the OP, that excuse for a picture would sicken my happiness, hope you get your money back asap.

11403266_10207036720981026_2345461694744212653_n.jpg

loliver

RMS Regular
OP
loliver
Drives
nurburgring 223
We went to water babies with our middle one, and the photo shoot was nowhere near £100, more like £35 or 40. He's 4 now (just) and a very confident swimmer. I'd heartily recommend it to anyone. It primarily teaches safety like holding on etc and confidence in the water.

Pic when he was 9 months, he has 'grey' eyes so kind of weird in the water.

To the OP, that excuse for a picture would sicken my happiness, hope you get your money back asap.

View attachment 208850

They’ve increased the price massively :neutral: I wish it was £35 now, I would just leave it but it’s over £100 now unfortunately :worried: The classes are fantastic, the photo shoot/photo at the end has just put such a dampener on the whole thing.

Id be happy with a photo like yours. It looks great :grinning: I understand they don’t look exactly the same under the water but it’s not good when they don’t even look human.

soccersmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
F32+RSV1000
I find myself paying for everthing these days on the c.c.

If the sh1t does hit the fan, you've got a chance.

Hope it works out for the OP as they did get a sh1t service

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
They’ve increased the price massively :neutral: I wish it was £35 now, I would just leave it but it’s over £100 now unfortunately :worried: The classes are fantastic, the photo shoot/photo at the end has just put such a dampener on the whole thing.

Id be happy with a photo like yours. It looks great :grinning: I understand they don’t look exactly the same under the water but it’s not good when they don’t even look human.

Laura, I haven't seen the pic but seems to be a rip off anyway.

We took Charlie to aqua babies £50 for the sessions and £35 for the photos, some photos still had the instructor in them but we got them photoshopped and they look great. if you're going for another I would definitely look into aqua babies.

I will post pics when I get home from work of the before and after, but definitely stand your ground if the pics are rubbish.

@brendy my wee boy loves the pool (4 months old) and since I can barely swim (instructor when I was a kid was only interested in those who could already swim and she could develop and sign up for galas) I always said I wanted my children to be in the water from an early age and not be afraid of it.

brendy

RMS Regular
Laura, I haven't seen the pic but seems to be a rip off anyway.

We took Charlie to aqua babies £50 for the sessions and £35 for the photos, some photos still had the instructor in them but we got them photoshopped and they look great. if you're going for another I would definitely look into aqua babies.

I will post pics when I get home from work of the before and after, but definitely stand your ground if the pics are rubbish.

@brendy my wee boy loves the pool (4 months old) and since I can barely swim (instructor when I was a kid was only interested in those who could already swim and she could develop and sign up for galas) I always said I wanted my children to be in the water from an early age and not be afraid of it.
Not entirely against it but none of my girls are afraid of the water and they only began learning from the age of 5 or so once they could follow instruction. All have their badges and eldest has even gotten some stage 2 sailing badges too. At that early age though I think its not overly necessary, the doom head on me thinks it introduces potential risk when it isn't necessary with a baby.

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Hope you get. sorted.
Our two boys have both been to aqua babes from only a few months old. Our first lad went to all the classes then we stopped taking him as he was unwell with his chest, tonsils etc. We started recently again and he is absolutely terrified so I def wouldn’t take him until he was older now.

So definately keep at the lessons if you can as I found the baby classes are more to teach them how they enter/ leave the water, what to do if they fall in etc, the natural instinct of turning round and heading for the pool edge to get themselves out.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Our pics before and after.

We got a load of photos but the ones of him looking straight ahead still had the instructor in shot so some people on Facebook helped us out with some Photoshop

Attachments

• received_2126832757566151.jpeg
    received_2126832757566151.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 479
  • FB_IMG_1537521178993.jpg
    FB_IMG_1537521178993.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 434

Ghost

RMS Regular
Our pics before and after.

We got a load of photos but the ones of him looking straight ahead still had the instructor in shot so some people on Facebook helped us out with some Photoshop
I think.you were at the same class as me. Where they taken 2 weeks ago roughly?

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
I think.you were at the same class as me. Where they taken 2 weeks ago roughly?
Yeah about that in the valley. I only managed to get time off for the first week so the Mrs had him there by herself

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Er... a kid who is training to swim to compete at a high level? When I was younger I was friendly with a girl who swam 7 mornings a week at 6 before school. If you can’t drive you need your mum or dad to take you there.

(Unless yous are all joking and I missed it :monkey: )

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Er... a kid who is training to swim to compete at a high level? When I was younger I was friendly with a girl who swam 7 mornings a week at 6 before school. If you can’t drive you need your mum or dad to take you there.

(Unless yous are all joking and I missed it :monkey: )

Call me a bad parent or a lazy p rick... I wouldn't be up for that :laughing:

purplea4T

RMS Regular
My cousins daughter swam for Ireland and swam every morning and I’d meet them on the road coming home as I was finishing nights at 7am!

Gemma

RMS Regular
Just came across this thread. Never saw the picture so can't comment but hope you get sorted :grinning:

My friend used to get up at 4am and be in Lisburn training from 5.30am to 7.30am then on in to school then back to pool for 5pm to 7pm, 5 days a week lol

Theres people who pay swimming teachers their fee to take their 2 years old in and I think it's ridiculous lol I usually don't take them on privates till they are 5, they need to understand they are there to listen to a teacher and take instruction.
And when they go on holidays and parents ask me what to work on, I tell them, JUST HAVE FUN!!
I've had kids go on a two week holiday, come back and swimming doggy paddle everywhere and they've just undid every single thing theyve paid me to do lol :worried:
I tell them, your on holidays, have fun and they'll see why they are coming to lessons, its not just to swim lengths, it's to be safe in the water and a social side of it as well.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.