We Buy Any Car Belfast

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Anyone any experience of using them?

I'm having trouble shifting my Father in Law's A6, it's an excellent car but is high miles. WBAC has offered £7500 for it .I know they pick the car to bits when they see it and the only faults are stone chips and it only has 1 key. Trying to decide if it's worth the effort or trailering it from Bangor. (£50 to hire a trailer)

The car in question --> CH Car Sales - 2012 Audi A6 3.0 SE TDI QUATTRO AUTO**Fully Loaded,Mot'd September 2019,Documented History, Motorway Mileage, Immculate Condition, Very Well Priced, Call Now 02891889005**
Thanks in advance

Reactions: Ben

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
have trailered a few cars to WBAC in belfast, customers always were happy enough tbf, testdrive was 100yards long and the the dealing was done, some of the stuff was sports hot hatches which suprised me how good the offers were

pinto200

RMS Regular
WBAC offers very much depend on the age of car, its better for older stuff than can’t be easily retailed.
On a year old Q5 i got offered about 4k less from WBAC than Hursts who were a few hundred less than selling back to Audi, so that’s where it ended up.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
have a look into the car buying group. - similar to WBAC but seem to be better prices
They offered me what i wanted for my GTI about 6 months ago, took the car to city auction in carryduff and the money was in my account before i left the place.

they were about 2k more than WBAC.

Sell my car at The Car Buying Group. Sell your car safely and securely today.

Interesting! Must try them here. If I got offered 2k more than WBAC offered for the A7 I honestly think I’d take it.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
i just tried mine there, their website seems to be broken, the reg search bit.

but definitely give it a go, and let me know...im curious to see it others say they are good.
i was wary because i think they got my number from autotrader, but...money in the bank, car gone, no drama

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I used Hursts Car buyer to shift the Scirocco (I had the Golf R bought and it needed gone). They gave me what I though it was worth and offered a good bit more than WBAC and didn't haggle at all. Was a decent experience to be fair and I'd use them again if I needed too.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
Well Hurst offered £6400 compared to WBAC £7500, he obviously didn't read any of the detail I added and their condition selections didn't fit in with the car, other than having 145k and only one key the car is spotless. I added that detail along with the link above in the "other comments" box and it was obviously ignored. Will give that other site a go.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
Screenshot_20181025-140824.png

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
by the looks of it i was lucky, wish id known about hursts at the time too.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
I sold a Citroen to wbac last year. Strange operation.
Firstly, the offer was superb, only very slightly less than retail. This was a 2 year old diesel so a very retailable car.
The went round it with a fine tooth comb, found one tiny mark on the door check and deducted a small bit, can’t remember the exact amount. Also got deducted as it had 23 more miles than I had on the online form. I asked if I got more money if the car had less miles, he laughed.
Once that painful exercise was over he transferred the money and off I went.

Thing is tho they hardly drive the car. Literally round the building a few meters. Another guy had just sold them a dose of a grand vitara diesel as I was waiting, thing didn’t go right at all, the wbac guy managed to get it started and made it round the building just before it quit again, he chuckled and said we’ll put it down as an ‘occasional’ fault as it made it all the way round, that’s a £200 reduction. Wha?. I asked about that later, he said they get lifted on a transporter and auctioned so as long as it can drive thru the auction ring it doesn’t warrant much of a reduction. Crazy.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Just use auction houses as a retail storage facility then. It would explain why prices are so unflexible at auction these days

Marc

RMS Moderator
Well Hurst offered £6400 compared to WBAC £7500, he obviously didn't read any of the detail I added and their condition selections didn't fit in with the car, other than having 145k and only one key the car is spotless. I added that detail along with the link above in the "other comments" box and it was obviously ignored. Will give that other site a go.

Must be the high miles as they wouldn’t stick it on the forecourt with those miles.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
For those of you that have sold to Hurst, what’s the process?

How thorough are they and have they haggled with anyone based on defects found?

Last edited: