We buy any car - what a massive difference in price in 4 months..

MarkM

RMS Regular
Not selling, but out of nosey-ness they’ve just offered £6k less than I paid for the M4 two years ago, Pretty good imo usually lose your ass with M cars lol Head says wait a week for an improved offer and grab it, heart says ‘**** off head’

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Not selling, but out of nosey-ness they’ve just offered £6k less than I paid for the M4 two years ago, Pretty good imo usually lose your ass with M cars lol Head says wait a week for an improved offer and grab it, heart says ‘**** off head’
There is probably 6k worth of carbon extras on it now tho. 🤣

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

They have updated their original offer for mine by 4k in the last week and a half, it's getting dangerously close to an offer I would accept.

MarkM

RMS Regular
They have updated their original offer for mine by 4k in the last week and a half, it's getting dangerously close to an offer I would accept.

My main problem is I haven’t a pot to piss in at the minute, house move, mower and mulch kit bought, garage going up on Tuesday, not a sausage left in the butchers for something to move up to, whatever that would be lol I’ve also just had the worst months business I’ve ever had

MarkM

RMS Regular
Sell, sell the extras and move on to something else when you’re going good again. 👍 plenty more cars to try.

oh you’re right, still love the thing though and I’ve never been sensible with cars :laughing: Interested to see if they up the offer like they seem to do with the others

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I only really drive the M3 once or twice a week due to work but I'd miss it if I sold it. Probably a waste having something like that sitting in a garage though.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
My main problem is I haven’t a pot to piss in at the minute, house move, mower and mulch kit bought, garage going up on Tuesday, not a sausage left in the butchers for something to move up to, whatever that would be lol I’ve also just had the worst months business I’ve ever had

Nothing about that I would immediately change it for, but at the moment the car is just not being used as I am working from home and likely will be for the rest of the year.

My thinking is, if the right money was offered get rid of it buy something cheap and get something I really want in 2021.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Reading this thread has me tempted also, they are offering me good enough ££ to be tempted to let my M3 go and get something really tasty next year when I’m bored commuting in the e-golf.

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Why are they offering so strong money these days is it all down to the corona

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Thing is everything that you want is going up to!

Other thing is, probably a stupid question, where do the cars they buy go?

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I only really drive the M3 once or twice a week due to work but I'd miss it if I sold it. Probably a waste having something like that sitting in a garage though.
It should hold its money well though with good spec and little miles you will do.
I was looking at a few deals there for an M2 but my car could sit for 4,5,6 weeks at a time sometimes and it just wouldn’t be worth the monthly payments.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Thing is everything that you want is going up to!

Other thing is, probably a stupid question, where do the cars they buy go?

Wbac are BCA auctions, I’m sure some of the nicer ones find homes most are just auctioned

Cro

RMS Regular
WBAC is free of hassle though. I tried to sell A C63 about 3 years ago and had assholes looking test drives, offering silly money, or asking if I did finance.
Do I look like I do finance - **** off.
Yeah I guess I can understand that, maybe just thinking if it was me as the buyer and something decent popped up I was interested in but 4k less than everything else it would be a no brainer easy sale

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Yeah I guess I can understand that, maybe just thinking if it was me as the buyer and something decent popped up I was interested in but 4k less than everything else it would be a no brainer easy sale

Alright if your realistic about what you can afford, thing is, your usually pestered idiots who can realistically afford a 10k car looking at 30k cars and think “bet he will take 9”

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Alright if your realistic about what you can afford, thing is, your usually pestered idiots who can realistically afford a 10k car looking at 30k cars and think “bet he will take 9!”

Asking you all sorts of mental questions about it too.