Weird rattle/jiggling sound coming from underneath car

Ricky

RMS Regular
Hi,
I’ve noticed That recently there’s a rattle coming from underneath my 2016 Vauxhall Corsa. It appears to be at the front drivers side.

I’m not quite sure what it is - I’ve checked underneath the car and I can’t see anything loose.

there’s also a creaking noise coming from the back but this only occurs time to time.

I thought that maybe it was because it hasn’t been driven as frequently as usual recently because of the lockdown, but I’ve taken it out a few miles every week.

anyone have a rough idea of what it may be? I’ll need to get it checked over by a mechanic. I don’t know if I should even be driving it in case it’s unsafe in any way, but everything seems to work fine, including the brakes.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Possibly the front noise is a broken droplink?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Just it sound like a solid rattle (that would lead you to think it’s a drop link/ball joint/anti roll bar bush), or is it like a light jingling rattle (which could be an exhaust/manifold heat shield/under tray etc)?

Ideally it’ll need jacked up for inspection or put on a lift and checked over.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Its either a broken spring rattling in the cup or the anti rattle shims have not been replaced when brake pads were changed and the pads are rattling

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’m sure you have already, but just check all of the wheel nuts are tight aswell, seen people nearly loose a wheel before and can start with a rattling noise or vibration.

barachello

RMS Regular
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
Check the dust shield on the back of the hubs too, been caught out with that a few times lol

Ricky

RMS Regular
OP
R
Hi again, got it checked out yesterday, they couldn’t see anything wrong with the car which was strange because when I drove home again, the rattle was completely gone.

however, I’ve noticed a slight chug in it now and when this happens its a bit slow speeding up again. Very strange that this happened right after I had taken it to get looked at.

they also said that my wheel alignment needs looking at