Westfield Wide Body Turbo

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
That would be a new Race Tech dash!! Very nice indeed but I think you've got some sort of issue going on where you'd rather just spend money and tinker than drive the thing, are you afraid of it :p

how dare you!!!!!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I genuinely don't know where your spending will end, I'm waiting for carbon ceramic and air jack updates 🤣, keep it up, it's hands down one of the best threads on RMS.

haha thanks man! Although this is a genuine problem - Lisa wants a new house and I’m just like “but Westfield wants...”
I joke! Can't wait to get a run out when we get them both finished, though you'll be ready long before me!

ill call down with it once it’s done! It might put you in the mood to get yours done sooner! Lol

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
ill call down with it once it’s done! It might put you in the mood to get yours done sooner! Lol
Haha do well, though I’m pretty much done for what I can do! Waiting for internals from America is the problem ☹️

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Anyone know where I can have a length of 15-17mm OD aluminium pipe supplied and bent into shape for my header tank feed pipe?

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Did more buys.....🤦‍♂️ Excuse the nails.....Lisa is tasked with sending me pics of my daily packages while I’m at work lol

EFF54642-5081-4062-AC1E-F3D2C7B08209.jpeg

96FC3DA1-75A1-4161-8F50-6E44241E38F8.jpeg

And this serious bit of stuff arrived today too - photos courtesy of Lisa!

69418FDE-41E0-455A-A86D-3D1B62029AB1.jpeg

C9C296A4-236D-4430-B871-5016DE7AB88E.jpeg

There’s my Friday night sorted. Raging I’m working tomorrow though!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That's one heck of a good woman, you're lucky the bits didn't go straight in the bin 😁 :innocent:

All good stuff, no such thing as too many toys 😎

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
This is wrecking my head. Has anyone ever set one of these up?

I think I need a second degree in this sh*t....VRS conditioners, pulse dividers, generating scaling equations from tables.... WTF?!?!

BBE81536-0FFD-44C5-83BC-A71297CA66EA.jpeg

Reactions: IL

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Wild man!!!!

I’d hate to add up what you’ve spent on this, but you clearly love it... and love the build..... good on ya 👍👍

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
You’re doing everything soooo right with this, can’t wait til you get it done and see how much fun it is! Will probably need a chat with you about the MX5 engine when I get home so I know what all I need to start buying 😬

Also lol at your other half opening your parcels, I got mine to open up the exhaust for the 911 the other night and the invoice was sitting on the top 😞 “Close the box dear, just close it. Yes of course I got it really cheap 2nd hand off eBay“ 😬😬😬

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Wild man!!!!

I’d hate to add up what you’ve spent on this, but you clearly love it... and love the build..... good on ya 👍👍

well the goal was to build something equivalent in terms of performance as the 620s that @mike150 used to have when he was cool. I’ve definitely achieved that but the issue now is....I’m not a million miles away from the cost of a second hand 620s at this stage! Lol

anyway, who cares - it’s my wee baby and I built it, broke it (royally) then rebuilt it many times along the way. Lol.

Last edited:

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
You’re doing everything soooo right with this, can’t wait til you get it done and see how much fun it is! Will probably need a chat with you about the MX5 engine when I get home so I know what all I need to start buying 😬

Also lol at your other half opening your parcels, I got mine to open up the exhaust for the 911 the other night and the invoice was sitting on the top 😞 “Close the box dear, just close it. Yes of course I got it really cheap 2nd hand off eBay“ 😬😬😬

thanks man! Yeah sure - happy to help you! I started out as a bit of a mechanical idiot to be honest (and don’t talk to me about electrics) but I have learned a wee bit and would happy even to lend a hand if you needed. Although I’m sure you can manage even a forged build on your own!

I’m trying to get it ready for mapping tomorrow and have just fixed a few little issues, so still hopeful they tomorrow can go ahead. Once it’s mapped, give me a shout and I’ll take it over for a spin 👊

it might even put you in the mood to just drop a forged MX5 turbo into a wee 7 chassis lol

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
thanks man! Yeah sure - happy to help you! I started out as a bit of a mechanical idiot to be honest (and don’t talk to me about electrics) but I have learned a wee bit and would happy even to lend a hand if you needed. Although I’m sure you can manage even a forged build on your own!

I’m trying to get it ready for mapping tomorrow and have just fixed a few little issues, so still hopeful they tomorrow can go ahead. Once it’s mapped, give me a shout and I’ll take it over for a spin 👊

it might even put you in the mood to just drop a forged MX5 turbo into a wee 7 chassis lol

Sounds like a plan, cheers 👍🏻 Done a forged build on one of my Skylines, mechanically I’m happy enough. Keen to see your ECU side of things though as I may go down that route, especially after hearing your anti lag in the videos 😍😍😍 I’ve a funny feeling my build is going to cost me a lot more than I first planned as I basically now want everything that you’ve bought for yours 😂

Should be home in 3 weeks so will give you a shout then 😀

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
well the goal was to build something equivalent in terms of performance as the 620s that @mike150 used to have when he was cool. I’ve definitely achieved that but the issue now is....I’m not a million miles away from the cost of a second hand 620s at this stage! Lol

anyway, who cares - it’s my wee baby and I built it, broke it (royally) then rebuilt it many times along the way. Lol.

When he was cool 😡

I thought the 620 was a bit slow sometimes.

I'll need a good drive in this Westfield to give you a detailed opinion

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Sounds like a plan, cheers 👍🏻 Done a forged build on one of my Skylines, mechanically I’m happy enough. Keen to see your ECU side of things though as I may go down that route, especially after hearing your anti lag in the videos 😍😍😍 I’ve a funny feeling my build is going to cost me a lot more than I first planned as I basically now want everything that you’ve bought for yours 😂

Should be home in 3 weeks so will give you a shout then 😀

haha those anti lag videos are nothing compared to what we have planned next. Apparently we can feed the gearbox speed signal to the MaxxECU via the VRS pulse divider that came with the Dash2, which will allow speed signal on the Dash2 via CANBUS but more importantly, will allow proper launch control with 1 bar of boost while sitting stationary lol.

I fitted a new Forge adjustable actuator tonight with a spring base pressure of 13PSI. This was because the standard Holset one was hitting 1.8 bar before the ECU was cutting boost, so god knows what the base pressure of its spring was lol.

This new setup should allow us to run 250bhp on low boost and anything up to the max of the turbo, which should be around 380-400bhp. Lol

P.S. a couple of full throttle blips at 1.8 bar was mind-bending
When he was cool 😡

I thought the 620 was a bit slow sometimes.

I'll need a good drive in this Westfield to give you a detailed opinion

haha, I’m only messing you! You’re just getting soft in your old age.

You’re welcome to a spin in this but I promise you won’t think it’s slow! Lol

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I got the car down the road to Mark at Elite. 40 miles and didn’t miss a beat the whole way. Happy days!

left it there with him for a couple of days to work his magic and I said I’d collect it when it’s 600bhp/tonne! Lol

D36CD347-E0C8-48A7-B19E-0002ABDB3E9B.jpeg

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Nope, not a wink. Lol.

he just text me there to say that he’s back at the garage now making a start on it - at 11pm. Lol

maybe he’s as excited as I am? Lol

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Update......Mark at Elite decided to wind me up today which didn’t go down well.

Sent me this pic as he had it on the weighing scales...
0D6A3D13-4647-457B-AF3F-69FF4F2E2E52.jpeg

This obviously had me in a complete fit of fury as I was expecting the car to be very close to 600kg. He kept me going for a good few minutes and I was pacing the kitchen, furious as how ******* lardy my car was.

I was in disbelief but he assured me it was correct, saying “I promise it’s right, here’s another pic....”

2B9F9FC7-0D3F-4F25-B4FE-128AF2A419E7.jpeg

HAHAAHAH! Yes, these w**kers got me good!

Anyway, he weighed it again properly without two ‘well-made’ passengers and it came in at 622kg.

021B8734-435E-474C-9DC9-BFE628E35522.jpeg

I was really hopeful that it would come in at 600kg or slightly under but that was optimistic to be fair considering the amount of extra weight in the manifold and turbo setup. It is pretty well balanced though as it stands which is good and I do think I’ll be able to get it under 600kg with more carbon and lighter pipework!

No dyno figures as of yet though....🤞