Westfield Wide Body Turbo

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Corner weights aren’t a million miles away either..

xxxHP coming up.......

yuuuuppp. Not sure it will make the dyno today as he’s sorting the VSS and launch control first then it will go into the dyno. 😎❤️

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
So, some live updates.....the car made it onto the dyno tonight!

So far, it’s only on wastegate pressure, VVT is disabled and it’s making 260bhp. Mark said it’s making 0.9 bar at 3500rpm but that will only improve when he adds more boost and enables the VVT.

He has still to double the boost pressure yet at least so I’m pretty confident it will do over 350bhp (if my injectors will take it).

92AB2979-3C13-4897-B514-ADDB12BAEBE8.jpeg

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Animal!

edit. And good luck putting down that torque, it’s going to let you know you are living, that’s for sure!

edit 2- but I Love it and can’t wait for a go!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Animal!

edit. And good luck putting down that torque, it’s going to let you know you are living, that’s for sure!

edit 2- but I Love it and can’t wait for a go!

hope you’ve a few days off next week big lad! I’ll come down and give you a wee boost!

260bhp is a nice figure for low boost I think! When I drove it last and it was hitting 1.8 bar, it was mental fast. I need to have access to that power again lol
Keep us posted....

that looks a good set up 👍

will do man 💪💪

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
This will be a complete missile! Class!
I was really hopeful that it would come in at 600kg or slightly under but that was optimistic to be fair considering the amount of extra weight in the manifold and turbo setup. It is pretty well balanced though as it stands which is good and I do think I’ll be able to get it under 600kg with more carbon and lighter pipework!
Low 600's kg is still pretty good for the sort of power you are hoping for, having said that, the 1.8 MX5 engines are a lardy beast at around 130kg plus the turbo kit.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
hope you’ve a few days off next week big lad! I’ll come down and give you a wee boost!

260bhp is a nice figure for low boost I think! When I drove it last and it was hitting 1.8 bar, it was mental fast. I need to have access to that power again lol

will do man 💪💪

I’ve a fortnight off for you to sort your teething issues and come scare me 😀

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
This will be a complete missile! Class!

Low 600's kg is still pretty good for the sort of power you are hoping for, having said that, the 1.8 MX5 engines are a lardy beast at around 130kg plus the turbo kit.

Well yeah, it’s heavy compared to the new duratec or ecoboost engines but compared to a red top or S2000 engine, it’s relatively light. My turbo setup on top of the 130kg engine itself will probably bring me on a par with the S2000 engine except I’ve up to twice the BHP if I want it.

if I was to do this again (and spend another £10k on an engine), I’d go for the Ecoboost engine but whatever.....I’m pretty happy with my little beast and I doubt there will much (if anything) that will beat it lol.

I WILL get the car below 600kg though, I’m determined lol.
I’ve a fortnight off for you to sort your teething issues and come scare me 😀

sweet, let’s get it done.

Last edited:

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Soooo....my car is not finished and Mark needs a holiday so I’m going to collect the car and have fun with it for a week until he’s back - it’s running a cute little 260bhp as it is on base pressure Lol.

Ill be able to get a few bits of bodywork and wiring tidied in the meantime, and do a few donuts! Lol

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
What a day!!!!!

Picked the car up this morning from Mark at Elite - only mapped at base pressure until next week. Thought I’d be a little underwhelmed but Jesus Chr*st, no.....it is an animal.

I drove back from Moy direction to Lisburn then went up a spin to see my parents in Castlewellan. This thing fairly gets the blood flowing lol

Launching and sliding everywhere (on private roads 🤪), this thing is just sooooo much fun!

It is badly needing an alignment and suspension setup but it still handles like it’s on rails and reaches license-losing speeds in seconds!

Lisa thought she was hard in the passenger seat before we set off.....

5693DCA6-4AA1-4585-963E-1EB20098AE55.jpeg

But it wasn’t long before she was crying, wanting to climb out of it lol

On another note, over 100miles done today and the car didn’t miss a beat - delighted! I’m just excited now to get the bodywork back on and get it all minted up!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Very Mad Max looking with no front bodywork on the road......................couldn't believe it when I saw it ☠

need to make sure there are no leaks before I put it back on! Lol

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Awesome! Well done, you must be so proud that you built it all yourself, fantastic :grinning:(y)