Westfield Wide Body Turbo

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I have that exact car on my phone as inspiration. I need wider rear arches! Lol

Jonny Armstrong has my old Moulds for the Extra wide Arches.

I'm sure he would do you a set.. Definately the way to go.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Jonny Armstrong has my old Moulds for the Extra wide Arches.

I'm sure he would do you a set.. Definately the way to go.

How do I get in touch with him?

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I finally got my new Protech shocks in today - it is brutally cold out there so I wasn't keen on staying out any longer to do much more other than fitting my headlights.

A8HNeVW.jpg

T2pTPCx.jpg

GBQffv3.jpg

I am finding it extremely difficult keeping the garage clean with it being so small - I am used to a triple garage but as I have said before, it's better than nothing! :joy:

QGIcp82.jpg

I will get the fuel system done tomorrow then I will hook it all up and hopefully get it started.

Y3PyPuj.jpg

It's nearly there!!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Fuel system finished today - AN fittings and braided hoses front to back. I mounted the fuel pump on the rear triangulation underneath the tank. I was determined not to run a swirl pot and second lift pump so I am glad to have pulled this off. Photos aren't great but everything is nice and secure now.

rACXu6n.jpg

c6fbmgq.jpg

RGvDM88.jpg

Tank straps in now that everything is where it should be

LJRpWGY.jpg

Made up the crush tubes for the radiator/intercooler mounts.

IpaH3Uh.jpg

And then started back into this sh*t - trying to get the gauges wired and everything under the scuttle finished once and for all.

jSbm0hC.jpg

All of this took me slightly longer than expected today so I never got a chance to crank it - I want to give all of the earths and connections a final once over before I check that it cranks so decided not to rush into starting it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Admittedly hard to see in the pictures (second and third) but won't the fuel lines and the pump be too exposed mounted underneath like that? What's wrong with keeping it all in the tank as normal and running the lines up within the chassis, leaving everything protected and helping cooling as well?

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Admittedly hard to see in the pictures (second and third) but won't the fuel lines and the pump be too exposed mounted underneath like that? What's wrong with keeping it all in the tank as normal and running the lines up within the chassis, leaving everything protected and helping cooling as well?

I could be wrong but I don't think many (if any) Westfields have in-tank pumps. I've seen quite a few with similarly placed pumps and fuel line routing so I figured it would do no harm here. I could have positioned it above the tank but I'm told these pumps don't like to pull against gravity.

I do think I'll have some sort of aluminium guard made up to enclose it from any road debrit though.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
So today I pretty much completed the car, with the exception of fitting the turbo (and obviously exhaust). Reason being is because I have decided to change the 'clocking' position of my turbo so that the compressor outlet is like so.....

cDRGyfE.jpg

On the Locost previously, it was positioned downwards which made for some tricky intercooler pipework. The Westfield engine mounts are bulkier than those of the Locost which makes the old route impossible. This new position will allow for a much cleaner and direct routing of the intercooler pipework alongside the top chassis rail. However, I need to task @PeteMoore with making this new position work as the turbo actuator mounting holes are now well off.

LIPzFSz.jpg

55cqmSV.jpg

This extra room underneath also allows me to mount the air filter further forward and away from the heat of the exhaust. I will be able to duct air directly to it here also.

rTyOTOw.jpg

Eu0LlTD.jpg

Repositioning the compressor housing on the turbo also reminded me that my turbo core had a chuck missing. It was like this from day 1 and was mapped like this with no issues but for the sake of the cost of a brand new core, I will replace this now while it is in pieces.

5cYAOCU.jpg

gCBv5Uh.jpg

I then found two random strips of carbon tape which happened to be a perfect fit for my 'door' area. :cool:

ibCzZtl.jpg

wEkOBqY.jpg

I got the coolant pipework mounted too

k3WS5jV.jpg

And I sacrificed a metal ruler to make up the lower radiator mounts LOL

Ma21k83.jpg

MVSUJqo.jpg

With the exception of fitting the turbo and exhaust, that pretty much completes the car mechanically. Pretty happy with it although I will be happier when my fancy, flared carbon side panels, front splitter and other bits arrive! I also intend to wrap the front slats on the grill in black as they're keek looking but that stuff can come later.

sIzXKY1.jpg

pSMjxzw.jpg

Qw8hjUe.jpg

grw0Ei3.jpg

Oh and because I am a child, I got a sticker! :joy::joy::joy:

N6PCsli.jpg

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
The first of my new carbon upgrades arrived today.....CarbonNV Splitter....

jiDyY85.jpg

AXiM1TP.jpg

YSDpca2.jpg

qinHd9J.jpg

I absolutely hated the front end on this because of the slats in the grill but this splitter transforms it for me. It makes it so much more aggressive looking!

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You've ruined the car for him now, he'll be off hunting for something else already :joy: :innocent:

I like the totally functional look of these cars, never meant to be pretty! Personally I'd go back to the black slats, just break up the front a wee bit.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
You've ruined the car for him now, he'll be off hunting for something else already :joy: :innocent:

I like the totally functional look of these cars, never meant to be pretty! Personally I'd go back to the black slats, just break up the front a wee bit.

Haha! I plan to wrap the slats black for sure! I'm also keeping this car.... For sure! Lol

Unless that F355 engined Lotus exige becomes available for sale on ebay again! Lol!!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
It's running perfectly so I'm a happy boy! Going to try get the last few odds and ends tied up over the next couple of days, then get an MOT date.

I couldn't resist a bit of antilag.... Again....