What 7 seater

spoons

RMS Regular
Ford s max im on my 5th one now with no complaints.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1578734110166.jpg
    FB_IMG_1578734110166.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 103

RevT

RMS Regular
I’ve been driving a Titanium 2.0 180bhp 2017 S-Max most of this week and it was great. Probably drove about 2000 miles and it was pretty comfortable and nippy enough but only returned about 38mpg according to the dash. Rear seats just fold into the floor, don’t know anything else about them really.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
What about a Grand C4 Picasso or 5008?
Both 7 seats (with three rear isofix).
Nice to drive and I’ve had 7 adults comfortably in the 5008 for long journeys.
Got both here if you fancy trying them out!

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
What about a Grand C4 Picasso or 5008?
Both 7 seats (with three rear isofix).
Nice to drive and I’ve had 7 adults comfortably in the 5008 for long journeys.
Got both here if you fancy trying them out!

5008 would be tempting, the C4 interior would annoy me everyday.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I bought an Audi A6 Avant SLine Black Edition (2.0 TDI manual) just before Christmas and after two weeks of driving it I can say that I far, far prefer the way our Galaxy Titanium X Powershift feels and goes.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
We have the Grand Picasso and its a great car, miles better than the previous version.

2.0 with the 6 speed normal auto and goes very well.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
What's the general thoughts on the petrol versions of these MPV / SUV's?

The new breed of small engine petrols (i.e 1.4 turbo) I'd be fine with in an astra or the likes, but seeing a 5008, Alhambra, kodiaq in 1.2-1.5 petrols just seems like they will be gutless carrying around that weight especially once you start loading people / luggage in.

We don't do the mileage to warrant having a diesel and therefore subsequent issues being created due to short journeys where the car barely gets warmed up. We do about 1 long journey per week (40-45 mile each way)

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Dad has a 1.4tsi Kodiaq 4x4 with the dsg box, it's sharp enough for a big car, handles well and drives nicely, although I much prefer my manual Superb. MPG isn't great with early 30's but it's 2 and a bit years old with 8k on it, never gets a run. Quite a torquey engine so you never really notice it being a 1.4.

The new breed of small engine petrols (i.e 1.4 turbo) I'd be fine with in an astra or the likes, but seeing a 5008, Alhambra, kodiaq in 1.2-1.5 petrols just seems like they will be gutless carrying around that weight especially once you start loading people / luggage in.

We don't do the mileage to warrant having a diesel and therefore subsequent issues being created due to short journeys where the car barely gets warmed up. We do about 1 long journey per week (40-45 mile each way)

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d

They're not too bad, wouldn't be my preference though. The 1.2L Petrol 5008 produces the same horsepower as the 1.5L diesel model (130bhp), engineered to deliver the power similar to diesel models too so doesn't feel a million miles different. Covering a 40/45 mile journey each way once a week would be enough for one of the small diesel engines in my eyes though, as long as it's kept with the right oil in it. I've never driven the VAG stuff so don't know how they compare.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
We have been in the hunt for a large family car recently and ended up in a 2010 SantaFe 2.2D Premium AWD with 7 seats.

I must admit, it's very nice and ticks a lot of boxes.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
We have been in the hunt for a large family car recently and ended up in a 2010 SantaFe 2.2D Premium AWD with 7 seats.

I must admit, it's very nice and ticks a lot of boxes.

SantaFe was high up on my list, but the other half has to throw away her age / mileage mentality to make it happen.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
SantaFe was high up on my list, but the other half has to throw away her age / mileage mentality to make it happen.
We paid a little more than hoped, or more so than i thought it was worth, but managed to get what seems like an honest one with 67k on it and plenty of main dealer as well as independent stamps.

It was however, after some research, priced about right for it's credentials.

Another contender was an XC90 D5, though for same year, miles and rough spec, it was double the money.

She's done well driving a 2009, Mk5 TDi Golf with 120k on it for almost a year with young twins and all that they command in the boot. It was a tight squeeze, she more than deserves the Hyundai now.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
We paid a little more than hoped, or more so than i thought it was worth, but managed to get what seems like an honest one with 67k on it and plenty of main dealer as well as independent stamps.

It was however, after some research, priced about right for it's credentials.

Another contender was an XC90 D5, though for same year, miles and rough spec, it was double the money.

She's done well driving a 2009, Mk5 TDi Golf with 120k on it for almost a year with young twins and all that they command in the boot. It was a tight squeeze, she more than deserves the Hyundai now.

Mine thought her car was done when it needed its first MOT. Her entire family can't comprehend how most of my family have cars with 150k - 220k on them.

We will have a 2 year old when the 2nd arrives. Our main reason for changing though is lack of cabin space. Currently there is no space behind me for passengers or a child seat in a Megane, so when the 2nd arrives we have no choice but to change.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Mine thought her car was done when it needed its first MOT. Her entire family can't comprehend how most of my family have cars with 150k - 220k on them.

We will have a 2 year old when the 2nd arrives. Our main reason for changing though is lack of cabin space. Currently there is no space behind me for passengers or a child seat in a Megane, so when the 2nd arrives we have no choice but to change.
The most practical car i have tested with regards to family life, is one of the last Insignia estates, before they ceased selling them. You might get a 2019 model, but definitely 2018.

There was a run of 1.6T petrol models at the very end (PSA engine) with 200ps.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Wanted a Santa Fe but looked at a 2012 one and the wife didnt like the key :rolleyes:

View attachment 264707
To be fair, mine did say yesterday she would prefer an all-in-one key, rather than fob and key. It's not big deal though, it will just take time to get used to, as well as the wipers and lights being on different sides to most modern cars.

presto

RMS Member
We are expecting our third shortly and just bought a Nissan Serena :eek:, though not the old 90's one, a 2009 jdm import. Very clever use of space and seems well screwed together.

111gsi

RMS Regular
Last edited:

CloudStrife

RMS Regular
They're not too bad, wouldn't be my preference though. The 1.2L Petrol 5008 produces the same horsepower as the 1.5L diesel model (130bhp), engineered to deliver the power similar to diesel models too so doesn't feel a million miles different. Covering a 40/45 mile journey each way once a week would be enough for one of the small diesel engines in my eyes though, as long as it's kept with the right oil in it. I've never driven the VAG stuff so don't know how they compare.
Would covering a 100 mile journey every two weeks justify a diesel 5008? I've always been petrol. Is there a fear in buying a used diesel not knowing the state of the dpf etc?