What 7 seater

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Toyota verso.....

toyota-verso-2010-interior-img_9.jpg

toyota-corolla-verso1.jpg

Mum has one, took me, sister, bro in law, dad, mum, my wife and niece to dublin and back with loads of power and about 58mpg, small ish boot with 6/7 seats up but it held a pram and a suitcase at same time so not pathetic, rover 200 sized.

Robber

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiats mainly
Dodge Journey
Quashquai +2

Also Kia do something that is quite big and versatile.

Bob Pratchet

Drives
Ford S-MAX
We have a S-MAX. Had it for 5 years now and very happy with it. For such a big car I get about 52 mpg and it handles more like a car than an MPV. For £7,000 you should be able to pick up something around from 2006 - 2007.

Just look at the amount of space you get in the boot. It's huge.
http://www.best7seatercars.co.uk/ford-s-max/

u must drive on the motorway

You're right! I do mainly motorway and country roads. It's the 1.8 diesel. 6 speed. But I must say I don't notice too much of a difference if I put my foot down and it handles corners really well for a big car.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
The interior pics of the Toyota look really well, don't recall ever seeing one before.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
bump.

will be looking into these this year it seems.

A per OP we need something with plenty of space, for prams / dog.

from browsing online the S-Max, Sharan and Alhambra seem to be the ones with the most room?

budget not set yet, will determine that once we see what you get for your £ in the most spacious car.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
bump.

from browsing online the S-Max, Sharan and Alhambra seem to be the ones with the most room?

budget not set yet, will determine that once we see what you get for your £ in the most spacious car.
we've been on the lookout for a 7-seat and the Mazda 5 ticks all the boxes. Sadly though, the diesel is a ticking time bomb and the petrols are high tax and, getting a clean one, is impossible as they are well used and abused.

S-Max or Santa-Fe seems likely

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
bump.

New or second hand?

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
New or second hand?

Second hand, will most likely be looking around 2018 models.
we've been on the lookout for a 7-seat and the Mazda 5 ticks all the boxes. Sadly though, the diesel is a ticking time bomb and the petrols are high tax and, getting a clean one, is impossible as they are well used and abused.

S-Max or Santa-Fe seems likely

I honestly couldn't believe the price the S-max still fetches. As you say most seem to pick a 7 seater and then drive it until it dies, and at the price of the ones I'm seeing we will most likely be doing exactly the same. Not an issue for me as I'm used to family having 200K plus on their cars but the other half will need some convincing. She thought her car was done when it needed its first MOT :joy:.

We don't really need a diesel as we do 8-10k a year (for now) but as the kids get older and clubs / football etc starts I imagine the mileage will increase considerably
This is my previous generation Alhambra with the seats out. Dump runs are a easy.

View attachment 261899

Leg room for all passengers good? Whats space like with all seats up? some real world experience rather than looking at pictures on car adverts is what I'm really after.

I suppose I could spend a day in hursts looking at the different ones but if I can avoid the sales patter and narrow down the cars beforehand would be excellent.

Craggus

RMS Regular
I have recently got a new Skoda Kodiaq Sportline. Cracking 7 seater with decent space even with all seats up. when not in use all 5 rear seats fold completely flat. Very impressed with it so far.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Second hand, will most likely be looking around 2018 models.

Damn! I’m no help then lol. Was gonna suggest the new Vauxhall Combo Life XL, but afaik they only came out last year (2019).

Peugeot do the same vehicle and you may be able to get an older version of it, as a Rifter or Partner I think, would need to check.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Leg room for all passengers good? Whats space like with all seats up? some real world experience rather than looking at pictures on car adverts is what I'm really after.

Fantastic space. 7 adults with plenty of space and leg room. Plus you can move the seats about. Ive mine like a 6 seater bus atm so the kids can walk from front to back without the need to climb over or tilt the seats forward. Mine is one of the last of that model, 2010, so I am not sure how it compares to the later model that you would be after. I imagine the fold out 3 row seats wouldn't be just as comfortable though.

DMC 4087

RMS Regular
I have a 2015 Alhambra, have had it a few years now and we love it. Tons of room, massive boot, decent quality interior, frugal enough on diesel and hasn't given any trouble at all. Slidey doors are a big plus for carparks etc too.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Currently in the same boat, looking like an Alhambra for me.
Have 3 kids under 4 so getting something with 3 isofix in middle seats is challenging.
Want something with full leather for ease of cleaning, don't seem to be many Sharans with it so Alhambra SE Lux it is!

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Just be careful on your choice of 7-seat MPV you get as there's a certain RMS member who will probably call you a **** and hold it against you forever :p

Porter

RMS Regular
We currently have a smax titanium x sport 2.2 197bhp.

got to say we done a lot of research into various ones and ones that you could actually get three car seats in the middle row, and this one was by far the best.

it’s mighty impressive and goes well too. Standard trim is the half leather half Alcantara.

we viewed a load of different ones even across the water and there are a lot of dogs out therewith broken bits around them so just give them a thorough checking over when looking.
Oh did I mention I think she looks fab when clean

Attachments

• CC04738C-3555-4007-802C-7F15A64EA215.jpeg
    CC04738C-3555-4007-802C-7F15A64EA215.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 83

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Currently in the same boat, looking like an Alhambra for me.
Have 3 kids under 4 so getting something with 3 isofix in middle seats is challenging.
Want something with full leather for ease of cleaning, don't seem to be many Sharans with it so Alhambra SE Lux it is!

Check out multimac. Expensive enough to buy unless you can get second hand but much better than 3 car seats in a row in my opinion. I’ve been using them for a few years now and would recommend.