What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

genman

G
Totally agree. Between Xenons, LEDs maladjusted lights, the eyeballs don't get much of a chance these days
id rather contemplate being temporarily blinded than not seeing the blonkers who either dont use or dont fix their headlights... the numbers ive seen this week alone with no lights on whilst on the M1 and M2 in darkness is scary.

Dave..

RMS Regular
id rather contemplate being temporarily blinded than not seeing the blonkers who either dont use or dont fix their headlights... the numbers ive seen this week alone with no lights on whilst on the M1 and M2 in darkness is scary.
On the M1 / N road coming back from Dublin, we met a tractor and trailer with no lights if it had been another 30mins it would have been dark - words escape me :mad::mad:

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
That's everywhere at the minute. People not even realising they have no lights on or a bulb out or just DRLs on probably wondering why they can't see a thing!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I would be as annoyed as you but surely it cannot add that much time?

At 26 in a 30 it’s a 13% difference. So even if your journey was an hour and that difference was consistent throughout it would only add 8 minutes, that’s not a lot really?

Always an equation involved with you :p

I just base it on how far behind they are from me with their lights when I get the chance to pass. Makes a difference if its 06.52 and I need to be in work at my desk for 0700

I just like to go fast as possible without people dithering

Gambit

RMS Regular
Me on the Hillhall road last night at 6.30pm. Oncoming cars headlights so bright I struggled to see where I was going.
If anyone was behind me at 40mph - apologies.

ive noticed a lot of glare recently & was thinking about itthe other day and wondering are there any actual manufacturers that have a reduced glare windscreen in high end models?

That's everywhere at the minute. People not even realising they have no lights on or a bulb out or just DRLs on probably wondering why they can't see a thing!

DRL's are the biggest disaster/mistake in cars in recent times imo.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Always an equation involved with you :p

I just base it on how far behind they are from me with their lights when I get the chance to pass. Makes a difference if its 06.52 and I need to be in work at my desk for 0700

I just like to go fast as possible without people dithering

I understand the frustration to be fair and it used to annoy me a lot but I think I’ve mellowed out a little about it and just don’t get annoyed any more

The curse of the way my mind works means there is always an equation involved - useful in my day to day work but does annoy the life out of others lol

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
ive noticed a lot of glare recently & was thinking about itthe other day and wondering are there any actual manufacturers that have a reduced glare windscreen in high end models?

DRL's are the biggest disaster/mistake in cars in recent times imo.
Agree completely, people seem to think it negates the need for lights, never mind the aesthetics of trying to fit them in somewhere design wise

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I would be as annoyed as you but surely it cannot add that much time?

At 26 in a 30 it’s a 13% difference. So even if your journey was an hour and that difference was consistent throughout it would only add 8 minutes, that’s not a lot really?

It is 8 minutes more in bed.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
It is 8 minutes more in bed.

Meh, for me I hate being late hence I’m always early anyway so 8 mins really doesn’t make a difference to me. Like I said I used to get annoyed about stuff like that but realised all I was doing was making myself angry so just stopped getting wound up about it and left enough time for my journey to include some delays

genman

G
in steady traffic they never notice as the dash these days is usually lit up like Christmas on every car with lights off.... good old days of headlights bringing on dash lights is long gone.. . and few if any get the message when you flash lights at them some just wave etc.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Meh, for me I hate being late hence I’m always early anyway so 8 mins really doesn’t make a difference to me. Like I said I used to get annoyed about stuff like that but realised all I was doing was making myself angry so just stopped getting wound up about it and left enough time for my journey to include some delays

Imagine the boss busting your chops over being 8 minutes late into work. Frig that :laughing:

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
in steady traffic they never notice as the dash these days is usually lit up like Christmas on every car with lights off.... good old days of headlights bringing on dash lights is long gone.. . and few if any get the message when you flash lights at them some just wave etc.
Wave....or worse

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Prestige Property van driving through centre of Ballyclare this morning with no rear lights (I’m assuming bust as the fronts were on) and blinding all and sundry by using the rear fog light only. Lucky I was in the Discovery today so a bit higher up.

genman

G
Prestige Property van driving through centre of Ballyclare this morning with no rear lights (I’m assuming bust as the fronts were on) and blinding all and sundry by using the rear fog light only. Lucky I was in the Discovery today so a bit higher up.
just out of the yard then..... maybe a wee email to the office to mention the unsafe vehicle they own

NotKG

Banned
i was on hillhall last night, couldnt see the road at times either, there is a long sweeper and a entrance on it, a van was coming out and as it took so blomin long i was past the corner flashing lights frantically,. approaching was a dark blue or black bmw(by the eyebrow lights) flat out, getting it set up in a f1 line for the corner, i looked in the mirror, all i saw was flashing emergency braking lights. i stopped further down at turn off for drumbo, he must have got stopped, the traffic was still flowing behind. bet he shat a bit 8-|

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
i was on hillhall last night, couldnt see the road at times either, there is a long sweeper and a entrance on it, a van was coming out and as it took so blomin long i was past the corner flashing lights frantically,. approaching was a dark blue or black bmw(by the eyebrow lights) flat out, getting it set up in a f1 line for the corner, i looked in the mirror, all i saw was flashing emergency braking lights. i stopped further down at turn off for drumbo, he must have got stopped, the traffic was still flowing behind. bet he shat a bit 8-|

That road is a nightmare for people driving down it like a stage! Granted I did it in my early years of driving but it was always in the dead of night with no traffic about. That said I think the road has got busier over the years as I haven't had a clear run on it in so long I wouldn't even dream of attempting it anymore.

Dave..

RMS Regular
That road is a nightmare for people driving down it like a stage! Granted I did it in my early years of driving but it was always in the dead of night with no traffic about. That said I think the road has got busier over the years as I haven't had a clear run on it in so long I wouldn't even dream of attempting it anymore.
It is the really slow drivers,as in 20mph during the day on a dry road that do my head in.
I think in future at night I will stay on the M1.