What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

KevM

RMS Regular
Passed a Kia this morning on the M1, no lights. One DRL only, other was broke & sitting at 70mph with a stone flat rear DS tyre.

Yeah, loads of crazies smoking about with zero lights on, or just DRLs

Dave..

RMS Regular
even more difficult on 2 wheels but there have been some serious incidents along it so the 50 limit is fast enough in some sections
There are too many side roads off it. Everywhere on 2 wheels except the motorway can be very dodgy.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Coming round the slip road at Sprucefield there accelerating ready to merge onto the M1, some stupid bint in the slow lane saw me coming round the corner and emergency stopped in the slow lane while sitting on the horn.
I'm guessing she assumed I was coming straight into her lane, probably the same person that stops on the slip road while indicating to get on the motorway :mad:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Delivering in Dublin Grafton Street this morning and driving up the one way system I was greeted by a guard coming down the wrong way, everyone making deliveries parks on the left and leaves the right for traffic to flow up to st Stevens green area.

He got thick and refused to pull into a gap that was more than big enough right beside him, I went over to speak to him and he ignored me even though I saw him looking at me as I got out, had to knock the window ffs, he insisted I reverse even though I'm in a truck with 2/3 others behind me with nowhere to go.... Yeah good man.

Go down to the driver behind me and double check the road is a one way to which he said it was, then his passenger goes, they just do what they want sure! :joy:

Was ready to go nuts as there was now a huge tail back as far down as I could see, pure ignorance and do what we like attitude.

NotKG

Banned
Daytime running lights

iv noticed DRL 's on at night,,
theyre off automatically when lights are on with uk manufacturers and suppliers to uk spec motor companys.
they're drl's are repurposed as fog lights and come on brighter ane really blinding.

time to get a ser of CEBIE spots fitted or a crazy LED light bar, and just blind the BarStewardZ.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Impatient drivers.

Driving down the M1 this morning, traffic a wee touch lighter so we're all cruising at 50-60 mph but still plenty of traffic about.
I nip out into the overtaking lane behind a Megane following a Focus to pass a couple of cars and a slower moving lorry.
This fella in the Megane in front of me starts weaving and swerving all over the back of the Focus as if he's trying to get past in a hurry. Now there's at least 6 cars in front of said Focus making decent progress at 60ish mph and all moving past slower vehicles in the left hand lane so absolutely no reason for this Megane driver to be getting on the way he was.
His driving actually worried me that much that I moved back into the left lane at the next opportunity content with sitting at 40-50 mph but not being involved in a possible accident. Even the fella who was behind me in the overtaking lane held back and kept his distance.

Was honestly some of the worst driving I've seen.

rollinstone

RMS Regular
Drives
Old man car
Stuck behind a meriva that was stuck behind an agila 4 miles both turn off then am happy but no boom out comes a hat is being driven by an extra from cocoon right into my path and sat at 20 along country roads, Christ the night!!

genman

G
joker in a black astra estate that ignores red traffic lights and bus lanes on the Springfield Road.
wasnt that far off clipping a pedestrian at the lights

azzymo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bikes
Walking in Newry Tesco car park (the covered bit) and was about to step onto one of the zebra crossings to go towards the entrance doors. There was a fella on the other side with a trolley half on the crossing. The driver of a green micra decides to plough on through the crossing, the fella with the trolley thrusts it into the side of her car. Driver blares the horn but drives on!

NotKG

Banned
isnt the people supposed to wait at the side to both sides are clear, or traffic has stopped.
walking out onto a crossing without lights is just plain stupid.
legal grey area too.

#greencrosscode

Vtec Phil

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
Walking in Newry Tesco car park (the covered bit) and was about to step onto one of the zebra crossings to go towards the entrance doors. There was a fella on the other side with a trolley half on the crossing. The driver of a green micra decides to plough on through the crossing, the fella with the trolley thrusts it into the side of her car. Driver blares the horn but drives on!

had something simliar happen to be at holywood exchange outside home bargins only i was half way across the crossing when a car with southern plate shot through the crossing was so close to me that i was able to hit his rear do with my hand.

genman

G
had something simliar happen to be at holywood exchange outside home bargins only i was half way across the crossing when a car with southern plate shot through the crossing was so close to me that i was able to hit his rear do with my hand.
steel toe caps are good in those situations

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
isnt the people supposed to wait at the side to both sides are clear, or traffic has stopped.
walking out onto a crossing without lights is just plain stupid.
legal grey area too

No legal grey area, rule 19 highway code. Too many people believe the myth that the pedestrian always has the right of way.

NotKG

Banned
aye, theyre stepping out in front of a moving car , where cars drive, the crossing stop is a priviledge, all they have to do is wait and make sure both ways are safe. :joy:

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
You don't have to stop if they are standing in the side of the road but if they are already on the crossing you legally have to stop for them.

Reactions: Ben

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Every pedestrian, if he is on the carriageway within the limits of a Zebra crossing, which is not for the time being controlled by a constable in uniform or traffic warden, before any part of a vehicle has entered those limits, shall have precedence within those limits over that vehicle and the driver of the vehicle shall accord such precedence to any such pedestrian.

Pedestrians not to delay on crossings

19. No pedestrian shall remain on the carriageway within the limits of a crossing longer than is necessary for that pedestrian to pass over the crossing with reasonable despatch.