What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Roundabout bottom of Donaghadee and Bangor Road in Newtownards. A @Nigelo favourite.

Coming from East St in left lane to go 2nd exit up Dee Road. Fella in a Volvo to my right in the right lane (marked right only) decides to join me going out my exit. Not sure whether it was pure ignorance or incompetence made him do it but I stuck to my line so he had to surrender. Blasted the horn hopefully waking him up a bit! Very frustrating

Could be a bit of both, but if the road was clear enough for him to see the markings on the road, he's a total arse!

NotKG

Banned
did anyone see the 5-6 broken ridge tiles on the road at comber road roundabout, heading to castlebawn?

tailback to scrabo road, up the link road, into town, for a few broken tiles.

there was a psni car attending, 2 just sitting in the car looking out, waiting on road services.
4 hours to clean up a few tiles.

palmface

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
PSNI Ards had a photo of it on their fb page but have since deleted it.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Every day :rolleyes:, these mongs or anyone don't know how to use a motorway/carriageway correctly . Suppose it leaves lane 1 free for me (y). All sitting at 50mph, Happily undertook them all. (y) more frustrating than anything these clowns.
20190126_182126.jpg

Last night loaded at near 40tonne , catch up with Mr Vauxhall Moka at Cookstown heading for Dungannon . 30/35mph tops!! , brakes at the sight of every car , every corner :mad:,
Got rid of him in dungannon (y).
Next up Mr Micra leaving Dungannon same again every car , corner brake, straight brake car brake :mad:. Didn't put a wheel over 35mph Weaving from line to line.
Took a couple of corners at 20mph on the main drag to Moy.
Got to Moy village less than 20mph,
I blew a valve at this stage, my bad :triumph:. Shouldnt have but.. horns lights, he got the picture, got out of the way.
Missed the Dublin boat because of these to d1cks ..(n)

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Every day :rolleyes:, these mongs or anyone don't know how to use a motorway/carriageway correctly . Suppose it leaves lane 1 free for me (y). All sitting at 50mph, Happily undertook them all. (y) more frustrating than anything these clowns.
View attachment 222980

Last night loaded at near 40tonne , catch up with Mr Vauxhall Moka at Cookstown heading for Dungannon . 30/35mph tops!! , brakes at the sight of every car , every corner :mad:,
Got rid of him in dungannon (y).
Next up Mr Micra leaving Dungannon same again every car , corner brake, straight brake car brake :mad:. Didn't put a wheel over 35mph Weaving from line to line.
Took a couple of corners at 20mph on the main drag to Moy.
Got to Moy village less than 20mph,
I blew a valve at this stage, my bad :triumph:. Shouldnt have but.. horns lights, he got the picture, got out of the way.
Missed the Dublin boat because of these to d1cks ..(n)

I imagine overtaking these Muppets is slightly more tricky in an artic, constantly have to overtake cars on single carriageways as I don't have the patience for incompetent drivers.

What some people don't understand is truckers have a schedule which is usually very tight.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
I imagine overtaking these Muppets is slightly more tricky in an artic, constantly have to overtake cars on single carriageways as I don't have the patience for incompetent drivers.

What some people don't understand is truckers have a schedule which is usually very tight.
Not easy to get up to speed in one, can't keep the momentum up you if some clown can't keep a constant speed in front. Then leave you hanging out to start all over again to get back up.
Was boiling last night stuck behind them both.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Transit Connect on fire on the hard shoulder of the M1 country bound, I was travelling Belfast bound and the absolute **** bags that slow down to rubber neck. A glider bus near enough came to a stop while passing so he could get a good look.
Probably on commission from the passengers!

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
B@$yards on country roads who won't pull over but hit your wing mirror and drive off. Luckily for him I'd the kids in the car and nowhere to turn safely...

Scored my mirror and his just popped off in one piece with a tiny wee scratch on it. Shame some inconsiderate fellow seemed to drive over it twice otherwise he could've just popped it back on if he'd stopped

Nigelo

RMS Regular
The Holy Trinity of Wet Weather

• The arse at the front of the queue doing half the speed limit, braking for every corner /oncoming car
  • The 2-3 cars refusing to overtake no matter what
  • The roid-rager 2 inches off your bumper as if doing so will convince you to destruction derby the other cars out of the way.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
The roid-rager 2 inches off your bumper as if doing so will convince you to destruction derby the other cars out of the way.

This. The car infront of me was doing this the other day in a queue of about 15 cars, braking constantly and pulling out over the white lines. Completely pointless.

Big Jon

RMS Regular
Drives
G87 M2
The stupid cow in the Astra heading down the A8 towards Larne this morning.
There was a Mercedes behind her when I caught up with them both well before the roundabout at the top of the Hillhead Road. The Merc has obviously had enough sitting behind her at 68mph and passed up h the inside. I have her the benefit of the doubt thinking she might turn right at the roundabout but, oh no, she was for Larne.
Out the other side of the roundabout still in the outside lane she worked her way back up to 68mph on an otherwise empty carriageway so have a little flash of the lights and got the hazard lights on in return.
So moved to the inside keeping a steady speed and glanced over and shook my head.
A little further on and glanced in the mirror and she’s approaching rapidly. I know what speed I was doing so she was into 3 figures. Decided to “pace” her and let’s just say she wasn’t for giving up getting past.
Why do people do this?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
The stupid cow in the Astra heading down the A8 towards Larne this morning.
There was a Mercedes behind her when I caught up with them both well before the roundabout at the top of the Hillhead Road. The Merc has obviously had enough sitting behind her at 68mph and passed up h the inside. I have her the benefit of the doubt thinking she might turn right at the roundabout but, oh no, she was for Larne.
Out the other side of the roundabout still in the outside lane she worked her way back up to 68mph on an otherwise empty carriageway so have a little flash of the lights and got the hazard lights on in return.
So moved to the inside keeping a steady speed and glanced over and shook my head.
A little further on and glanced in the mirror and she’s approaching rapidly. I know what speed I was doing so she was into 3 figures. Decided to “pace” her and let’s just say she wasn’t for giving up getting past.
Why do people do this?

Because a lot of people are selfish, self-important, stupid, ignorant and incompetent.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Dominos delivery driver in Newry. Silver 307 reeking black smoke and the only brake light working is half of the top one.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Following an an old biddy today in newtonards when she stops at a green light. The pedestrians presume it’s red so they cross. The light then turns red and she drives straight through it.
Wasn't in a volvo was she, had some lady block the road in front of the entrance of my kids school. 5 or 6 cars blocked from getting out. I pulled up beside her as asked if she had car trouble or maybe needed a push. Her reply was "I'm looking to go to that house there but don't know where to park" I told her just to park it up o the kerb. Got past her and went in to lift the kids. Drove back out and she'd abandoned the motor across the entrance to the wrong house with one wheel on the kerb the other on the road. Definitely think there should be a case for resitting your driving test

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Not so much annoyed but bemused. Today. Red Insigna Estate. Scots ‘60 plate.. Sitting in the outside lane all the way from Antrim right down the hill section of M2, and thence to outside lane heading towards M3. Sitting about 68. Some may have passed on the inside...

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Castlebawn Tesco roundabout , yes the layout is stupid and wrong IMO , but i just follow the signs and road markings.

I was going to get fuel , a lorry driver (who didn't use indicators for starters) was going to Bangor but was in the lane for going to Portaferry. Loads of people cut across from the Portaferry lane out of the roundabout to get into the Bangor lane.

He was no different.
He blasted his airhorns.
So i stopped in the Petrol station slip road to point to the 2 lanes and let him know.
He stopped and ranted that "your not allowed to undertake".
I shouted i was following the signs and marked lanes.
He ranted the same "i near hit you, your not allowed to undertake"

Screenshot_20190221-103640_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20190221-103714_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20190221-103747_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20190221-103813_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20190221-103956_Maps.jpg

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Two things while driving home from Craigavon:

White BMW 3 series done a U-turn a couple of hundred meters up the M12 dual carriageway to go back on himself and rejoin the M1 heading country-bound.

Nissan Puke driving country bound on M1 with no tail lights.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Down visiting the in-laws and out walking the dog. Fedex Sprinter van, plate RX13 something comes past Barn Road, Carrickfergus. Driver quite happily texting away with the phone up beyond steering wheel height. Kids playing about. Not a fck given by this tool.
Fast forward 3 weeks. Same place, same situation, Walter S Mercer sprinter van this time. Driver blatantly with two hands on phone on top of steering wheel texting away.... Not a good advert for WSM

Last edited: