What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Maybe the same person that passed you?

I assume you've never made a mistake when driving? Maybe they just arent used to the car or the road? Maybe they are just nervous drivers.
Not saying I’m perfect, none of us are. I wouldn’t have cared as much but I had somewhere to be and the traffic was very busy, I’m sure you’d get frustrated enough if you were in the same position

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
By no means am I perfect. I always just try to keep in mind that not everyone feels comfortable nipping out of a junction in a small gap.

scub

Banned
Maybe the same person that passed you?

I assume you've never made a mistake when driving? Maybe they just arent used to the car or the road? Maybe they are just nervous drivers.
so what was described wouldn't have annoyed you in the slightest?
welcome to the rms Mr Gandhi.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
so what was described wouldn't have annoyed you in the slightest?
welcome to the rms Mr Gandhi.
Where did I say that?

I simply mentioned there may have been reasons for the other persons driving.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Was behind an an R driver at a busy junction, the waited ages at the junction, had their chance to go as there was a break in the traffic, went to go then stalled. Had to wait for another couple of minutes to get another break in the traffic, they went to go again, stalled a second time.

I of course lost the rag and drove round them on the outside and left the junction and them sitting there.

What feckin examiner passes these people and thinks they’re competent to drive?

What a ridiculous post. You should of just been patient instead of pulling your hair out over it

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
when on the motorway and oberving vehicles in front ... the right indicator comes on from the left lane and because its NOW on the driver automatically thinks they have the devine right to move into right lane without assessing traffic flow in front or behind ... shelfish/stupid ****'s :worried:

OHH and dont get me started in relation to keeping your distance from the vechile in front of you and not even considering how long it takes for your reaction time and distance requried for vehicle to stop to happen!

PS i know ... a daily occurence on our roads ... particularly bad this morning now that the dark mornings are upon us

scub

Banned
didn't actually annoy me as much as amused me.... but I witnessed some splendid fkwittery yesterday on my way home on the back road from Lambeg to Upper malone.
if any of you know it there are 2 very narrow but still 2 lane bridges over the lagan.
you take it slow, flick your mirrors in & can pass fine.
I was directly behind a woman in an a4 who clearly thought it was 1 way only & sailed across it down the middle of the road, quickly found out it wasn't & the octavia coming the other way cleaved her probably expensive heated wing mirror, which span in a majestic arc straight into the river!
so both cars stop & i sensed a Mexican stand off with both blocking a lane each & quickly bounced onto the kerb to tootle past laughing.
but as I passed the audi yer woman had a face like thunder so I rolled the window down & told her to have a quick look at where her car sat on the road - ie a good foot over the white lines into the on coming lane. & her answer was "but I was on the bridge 1st"
I gently reminded her that the lines on the road means it's a 2 lane road & she was entirely to blame, before smugly driving on as the traffic both ways ground to a halt while it all kicked off....
stoopid woman! 🤓

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
What a ridiculous post. You should of just been patient instead of pulling your hair out over it

Ha this happend me on a lesson once, didn't stall just couldn't get the confidence to make a go when there was a gap in traffic. Someone behind kept beeping there horn. My instructor got out and stormed a few cars back, the beeping soon stopped lol

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Ha this happend me on a lesson once, didn't stall just couldn't get the confidence to make a go when there was a gap in traffic. Someone behind kept beeping there horn. My instructor got out and stormed a few cars back, the beeping soon stopped lol

Same mate! My nerves were shocking when I passed my test and was out in the car on my own, no one there to reassure you can make you lose confidence easily, not helped by inpatient people behind you either.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Was behind an an R driver at a busy junction, the waited ages at the junction, had their chance to go as there was a break in the traffic, went to go then stalled. Had to wait for another couple of minutes to get another break in the traffic, they went to go again, stalled a second time.

I of course lost the rag and drove round them on the outside and left the junction and them sitting there.

What feckin examiner passes these people and thinks they’re competent to drive?

Maybe they were having clutch issues. I remember not long after I passed my test my clutch (might have been clutch cable, can't remember exactly) going in the Clio and me sat looking like a **** in the middle of one of the busiest junctions in Belfast. People beeping and giving off at me as if I had the magical power to instantly fix it and drive on. Once I'd stopped being flustered I switched it off, put it in gear and managed to move it off the junction with the starter.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Silver e46 coupe lost it on the inside of the blind bend at "The Pot" near Dungiven for anyone that knows it. The outside of that bend is a 200ft drop so I am sure they fairly filled the knickers when they lost it lol

What annoyed me was that all the friends arrived and parked all in a line to laugh/ joke/ get car back on the road but no one had the sense to go up the road and slow traffic/ direct traffic as one side of the road was blocked.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
You’re telling me you’ve never got mad at anyone on the road before?

You must have the patience of a saint 🤷🏻‍♂️
Maybe they were having clutch issues. I remember not long after I passed my test my clutch (might have been clutch cable, can't remember exactly) going in the Clio and me sat looking like a **** in the middle of one of the busiest junctions in Belfast. People beeping and giving off at me as if I had the magical power to instantly fix it and drive on. Once I'd stopped being flustered I switched it off, put it in gear and managed to move it off the junction with the starter.
Bro I could never imagine you being flustered, you’re just not that type 😂

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Ridiculous aftermarket HID lights (normally on VWs for whatever reason) that blind ye even in broad daylight.
Jeeps are shocking for this as the lights are high up on them. Range rovers are the worst culprits
I certainly do have patience for R drivers as I can empathise with them and know what its like to be newly passed your test and driving in busy conditions.
Maybe we should all take a leaf out of the ‘Driving Gospel, according to Nicky’.

This is not exclusive to R drivers, it could be anyone and no matter how much patience we are blessed with, there will always be someone somewhere on the road to test it

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Coming out of Banbridge today heading to the carriageway a car in front of me was doing about 40mph on the slip road, it is quite short so he pulled into the slow lane without speeding up, as I pulled in behind him I went into the fast lane to over take and he sped up to hold me out. As I went on past him (I wasn’t slowing down) he decided to give me bucket loads of abuse. I was pushing on a bit but then he slowed right down again, seriously what was the point in holding me out.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Coming out of Banbridge today heading to the carriageway a car in front of me was doing about 40mph on the slip road, it is quite short so he pulled into the slow lane without speeding up, as I pulled in behind him I went into the fast lane to over take and he sped up to hold me out. As I went on past him (I wasn’t slowing down) he decided to give me bucket loads of abuse. I was pushing on a bit but then he slowed right down again, seriously what was the point in holding me out.
His was smaller than yours😉

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Was his an m-sport rather than a full fat m lol?