What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
The whacky races disaster that is the M2 hill from the shore up to sandyknowes. I go off there so stay in the left lane passing all the middle lane dawdlers and some outside lane ones too. Hilarious seeing them start to speed up when you waft by, doing 60 or so. Had a scirroco thingy in the outside lane doing 50 or so come over 2 lanes and flash me presumably because he thought I was undertaking. 8-(
Belfast traffic in general is super aggressive too.
...try the Autostrada from Rome to Naples on a Friday evening... that’s aggressive! 😂😂😳

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
...try the Autostrada from Rome to Naples on a Friday evening... that’s aggressive! 😂😂😳
I can imagine!! I used to commute around Madrid and it was literally like a bullfight all the time, mental! Thing was, the standard of driving was quite high and although 'robust', there was plenty of good spatial awareness amongst the traffic so didn't see many incidents. They like their horns though, sometimes just for the craic, never off them.

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Monaro VXR
So do you deliberately close the gap to stop people getting in? That's why traffic doesn't flow, if everyone defends 'their place in the queue' then cars get stuck out in outer lanes and slow or stop causing more tailbacks. Merge in wherever you can and let people merge in. That's what you are supposed to do.
If people merged in when they could at ‘multiple’ stages that would be less of an issue however, they wait to the absolute end and simply put their indicator on and expect a gap to appear for them. It’s a spectator sport whilst sitting in the crawling queue, there are some whoppers!

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
I meant what Quattro rick said when they deliberately try to skip lanes to steal few metres and then expect to push back in while others sit and wait in the queue

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah, I see that, my bad. Awful junction tbh, any problems are just symptoms of the sh1t layout.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
This pisses me right off.
Waiting at a junction to go left, car pulls up to go right blocking my view and his own view. Now the both of us can't see through each others cars to see what traffic is coming so we just sit there like numpties staring at each other 😂

Yep, this happens all the time on my street. Does my head in!

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
With the excessive rain yesterday the country roads I take home were flooded AF - handily there was a "Diversion" offering an alternative route but at the end of that road, it was anyones idea as to where it then went!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Not today, but yesterday, my neighbour who is friends with my parents, called my dad to tell him i was speeding on the M2. I could understand if i was on R plates and he was concerned but i've been driving for 24 years.

I wonder if your neighbor called him as they witnessed it ie whilst driving. That'd be amusing

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Not today, but yesterday, my neighbour who is friends with my parents, called my dad to tell him i was speeding on the M2. I could understand if i was on R plates and he was concerned but i've been driving for 24 years.
20191121_165642.jpg

Could've been children walking to school or anything. I hope this has made you think.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Sounds illegal and potentially dangerous in fairness.

I know the exact incident as my drive to work is completely unremarkable 99% of the time. I undertook 4 cars that were sitting in the overtaking lane coming down the hill (3rd lane from left), doing nothing, overtaking no one and literally going nowhere with the inside two lanes completely empty. I think he was nestled in there. I am grounded now though and there was talk of a telematics device getting installed.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
On the bike into work this morning at about 7.45. In the middle lane of the M1 city bound and Mr BMW indicates (must have added the indicator optional extra to the car) and proceeds to fill the gap between the car in front and myself. 'Gap' is a generous description and the manoeuvre meant I had to brake and quickly look over my right shoulder to see if there was room for me to get into the outside lane safely as the car behind me was pretty close and the last thing i needed was to scare them too.

Indicating does not give you the right of passage. Bawbag.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
This pisses me right off.
Waiting at a junction to go left, car pulls up to go right blocking my view and his own view. Now the both of us can't see through each others cars to see what traffic is coming so we just sit there like numpties staring at each other 😂

orrrr

Waiting to turn right at the end of a road and a car approaching from your left to turn right into the oncoming slip road who drives around you and insists on staring right at you the whole time.

YOU WANT A F*CKING PICTURE MATE?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Heading up the M2 hill this evening in the middle lane making reasonable progress when I see an A3 in the outside lane weaving around a bit and as I pull alongside, he's got his phone on the airbag and his hands on the spokes of the wheel operating the phone with his thumbs. WTF?

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
People not indicating in time. Gap in the traffic to turn right out of a busy junction but didn't want to pull out and hold up the car coming from the left as they were bombing along rightly. 50 yards from the junction and this cnut sticks the indicator on to turn in. Well **** you ya ugly oul *******.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
People not indicating in time. Gap in the traffic to turn right out of a busy junction but didn't want to pull out and hold up the car coming from the left as they were bombing along rightly. 50 yards from the junction and this cnut sticks the indicator on to turn in. Well **** you ya ugly oul *******.
Or similar: when you’re making good progress wanting to go straight through at a roundabout, you reduce the speed suitably, see a vehicle to your right, their indicator isn’t on. You assume you'll have to give way to them so you slow down to a stop... as they proceed to then tootle on round to their left (usually with no indicator on)

garyo

RMS Regular
Or similar: when you’re making good progress wanting to go straight through at a roundabout, you reduce the speed suitably, see a vehicle to your right, their indicator isn’t on. You assume you'll have to give way to them so you slow down to a stop... as they proceed to then tootle on round to their left (usually with no indicator on)

The only thing an indicator tells you is that the bulb works. Not playing devil's advocate by the way, totally agree with both of you on the annoyance of it, but with the general standards on roads, junctions, roundabout etc these days, I'd never trust an indicator (or lack thereof) to mean what it should.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
The only thing an indicator tells you is that the bulb works. Not playing devil's advocate by the way, totally agree with both of you on the annoyance of it, but with the general standards on roads, junctions, roundabout etc these days, I'd never trust an indicator (or lack thereof) to mean what it should.

Completely agree.
However in my case I had plenty of time to safely go I just chose not to as it would have inconvenienced the other driver slightly if they hadn't been turning in.