What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
This time of year again the amount of ****ing idiots driving round with both brake lights blown and only the top light bar working.

Came off the motorway yesterday and the van in front had no brake lights working at all. Got alongside him at the next set of traffic lights and told him none of them were working. Got told they haven't been for two weeks and to f*ck off.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Came off the motorway yesterday and the van in front had no brake lights working at all. Got alongside him at the next set of traffic lights and told him none of them were working. Got told they haven't been for two weeks and to f*ck off.

What an absolute d1ck!!!! Imagine knowingly having no brake lights....

Wonder if he's after a rear end claim 😒

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Two things between last night and this morning.

Firstly, I've now decided my favourite speed to do on any national speed limit B road is 35mph because that's all anyone else seems to be able to manage with the cold, wet, dark nights. They also like to brake harshly at the mere sight of any corner or oncoming traffic! :triumph:

Secondly, to the fella who decided to dive across the roundabout from left to right lane nearly wiping me and the daughter out this morning, open your feckin eyes!

Why does the standard of driving here go to pot once the winter nights arrive? It's absolutely shocking!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Why does the standard of driving here go to pot once the winter nights arrive? It's absolutely shocking!
Because everyone is driving round on chinese lucky land ditchfinders and have zero traction once its slightly cold or wet and only look up from they're phones once every mile or so to make sure theres nothing attached to their front bumpers.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Two things between last night and this morning.

Firstly, I've now decided my favourite speed to do on any national speed limit B road is 35mph because that's all anyone else seems to be able to manage with the cold, wet, dark nights. They also like to brake harshly at the mere sight of any corner or oncoming traffic! :triumph:

Secondly, to the fella who decided to dive across the roundabout from left to right lane nearly wiping me and the daughter out this morning, open your feckin eyes!

This has got quite bad this year. The amount of people braking when faced with oncoming cars is crazy. Ive never noticed it as bad before. Il place blame on all the new HID lights. If you are in a car with halogens and meet a new merc or an X5 you can see feck all. Great for the merc and x5 guy but tough sheite for the rest of us. I might just go full beam with a set of cibies from now on. **** the lot of yous lol

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
There's actually a thread over on PH relating to more and more people finding it more difficult to drive at night, I found it quite interesting as 5 years ago before Xenons were in everything, I could see at night with no lights at all provided the sky was clear and the moon was out.

I've noticed a lot of drivers on clear dark dual carriageways using both front and rear fogs

I've also noticed that a certain age bracket seem to think it's ok to switch their headlights back on while you're still in front of them provided you're far enough away

Don't even get me started on the drl only at night brigade..

My biggest annoyance today though is realising how many drivers seem to be allergic to lane 1 🤬 wether it be on a dual, triple carriageway or motorway...

I've literally witnessed drivers pull off the slip road and straight into lane 2 or even 3 even when lane 1 or 2 are empty for miles

I think the reason why a lot of people struggle to see at night is due to how illuminated the interior is in modern cars when the lights are on, I've always turned the dimmer to as low as possible, in the rs6 I can even turn off the mmi screen, then the E36 dash isn't that bright to begin with.

I have great vision but when going through my medical for the hgv license I got my eyes tested, which revealed I've an astigmatism, which is apparently quite common, wearing glasses with an anti glare coating at night definitely helps! Even if I could drive perfectly fine without

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
This has got quite bad this year. The amount of people braking when faced with oncoming cars is crazy. Ive never noticed it as bad before. Il place blame on all the new HID lights. If you are in a car with halogens and meet a new merc or an X5 you can see feck all. Great for the merc and x5 guy but tough sheite for the rest of us. I might just go full beam with a set of cibies from now on. **** the lot of yous lol
You need a clapped out bipper van with a thousand marker lights and a huge light bar attached to a bull bar. Atleast that seems to be what all the cool kids have. Should try being on a bike and trying to see past high beams. You have to choose between death or the ditch.

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
Stuck behind someone doing 23 in a 30 that was swerving into the middle hatched lines every time someone from a side road approached the stop line. As we approached the box you pull into for a right turn in the middle of the road they proceeded to stop with the car half in the lane and half in the box blocking everyone behind and holding them up further.

Wished i had a dozer bucket fitted to the front of the car sometimes.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
There's actually a thread over on PH relating to more and more people finding it more difficult to drive at night, I found it quite interesting as 5 years ago before Xenons were in everything, I could see at night with no lights at all provided the sky was clear and the moon was out.

I've noticed a lot of drivers on clear dark dual carriageways using both front and rear fogs

I've also noticed that a certain age bracket seem to think it's ok to switch their headlights back on while you're still in front of them provided you're far enough away

Don't even get me started on the drl only at night brigade..

My biggest annoyance today though is realising how many drivers seem to be allergic to lane 1 🤬 wether it be on a dual, triple carriageway or motorway...

I've literally witnessed drivers pull off the slip road and straight into lane 2 or even 3 even when lane 1 or 2 are empty for miles

I think the reason why a lot of people struggle to see at night is due to how illuminated the interior is in modern cars when the lights are on, I've always turned the dimmer to as low as possible, in the rs6 I can even turn off the mmi screen, then the E36 dash isn't that bright to begin with.

I have great vision but when going through my medical for the hgv license I got my eyes tested, which revealed I've an astigmatism, which is apparently quite common, wearing glasses with an anti glare coating at night definitely helps! Even if I could drive perfectly fine without

Funny I was just thinking the other day are xenons actually getting brighter or is it just me? I assume there is an industry standard that they can't exceed on dipped beam?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
As we approached the box you pull into for a right turn in the middle of the road they proceeded to stop with the car half in the lane and half in the box blocking everyone behind and holding them up further.
This really winds me up. I've witnessed cars about 25% into the little right turn box, at an angle, not at all in the box, you name it. People are just idiots.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
To be fair I will admit that I find it hard to see past a set of xenons coming the other way but I think that's more to do with my glasses than anything else...the headlights in the Fabia are woeful though.

Still don't get why some people feel the need to stand on the brakes though 🤦‍♂️

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Funny I was just thinking the other day are xenons actually getting brighter or is it just me? I assume there is an industry standard that they can't exceed on dipped beam?

IIRC someone on here mentioned that there isn't as they don't exceed 55w ie the standard halogen limit. But are obviously much brighter than a 55w halogen.
Needs revamped to look at the actual light output.

To be fair I will admit that I find it hard to see past a set of xenons coming the other way but I think that's more to do with my glasses than anything else...the headlights in the Fabia are woeful though.

Still don't get why some people feel the need to stand on the brakes though 🤦‍♂️

Neither do I, lift off slightly if anything.
Dropping 20mph is crazy!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

Oh they're absolutely brighter, and most LEDs are brighter still jumping from the rs6 to the E36 the light output is noticeably different. Even with high quality osrams.

I noticed the inside surface of my windscreen was a little grubby , cleaned it and what a difference it has made to night driving visibility, especially with oncoming cars. Simples things can make a big difference.

I think my outer screen might be a contribution as it's covered in hairline micro scratches. Inside is kept clean quite regularly. Might be time for a new screen though.

I hate driving with smudges on the inside even from people rubbing the mist away in the morning

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff

This is a regular occurance on the main network roads ... you should witness the early commute on the M1 city bound ... the right lane is brutal.
its a case of i must get on there regardless of safety etc as "its the fastest lane" and there is no concept of thinking/braking distance ... witnessed a small van towing a twin axle trailer (i would say close to a ton) on the right lane this morning at 60+ and no distance between him and car in front.

the safest place is to be on left lane and arrive a few seconds later anyway ...

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
‪I have seen some stupid things on the road but tonight is up there. Two fellas racing on the A4 turning their lights out whilst they’re at it. ****ing morons. ‬

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
C units who think they are too important to sit in the correct lane while its busy, but instead fly up the inside lane and then proceed to look at you like you are the one with the problem for not letting them push their way in.

**** off you self entitled ****er.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
........ and Vauxhall Mokka drivers. In a different class than everyone else. Vauxhall must make you take a test to see if you're 'special' enough before allowing you to purchase one.
Maybe it's just the cars. I had a corsa courtesy car there and the brakes were either oh **** they're not working or fully on. The steering wheel felt like it was was attached to the wheels by selotape and magic it steered so vaguely.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
The amount of people who cant drive this time of year is unreal. We all should be use to this weather now its the same year in year out.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
........ and Vauxhall Mokka drivers. In a different class than everyone else. Vauxhall must make you take a test to see if you're 'special' enough before allowing you to purchase one.
I followed an Astra estate on the M2 into Belfast last night. It weaved from side to side so much so, some in the overtaking lane were slowing up in case they were swapping lanes.

Either on their phone, full of the chrimbo spirit or just special.