What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
Foglight c**ts - yes, there is a little bit of fog but when you can still see 20+ cars in front of you, they are not required.

People on the M'way who overtake at the speed they are currently doing, they do not accelerate into the passing lane :mad:

People speeding up to not let people in just out of badness

Dicks on Hill Hall you drive at 20mph and brake for every corner and on coming car

I hate my morning commute now

Seen literally all of these same things this morning - also commute up hillhall every morning. You'd think the slow drivers on hillhall would notice the half mile line of cars behind and just speed up or pull in!!

K'dg

RMS Regular
Lack of discipline on roundabouts ie. this morning a van on the outside lane and I'm on the inside but he's just taking a straight line through and screw everybody else....just a daily one, you can nearly tell on your approach to the roundabout those who will ignore lanes so I always just cautiously enter to avoid getting the nose of the car smashed. The thing that is most annoying about it is that these folk are the ones just driving about making these continuous errors with no awareness of other road users and it's we the competent drivers who are left avoiding potential collisions.

Then the usual one, "40 miler an hourers".....40 mile an hour is their default speed regardless of road conditions or speed limits. Clear open road where NSL applies, 40mph, into a 30 zone....I'm slowing down but what's this? They seem to be continuing at the same speed! So again.....to me there is no logical reason why they are driving at 40mph everywhere, it's not out of fear or safety concerns otherwise it they would adhere to lower limits so it has to be just complete lack of awareness and everyone else suffers the consequences.

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Not driving, but that period between lifting the fuel pump and it actually responding to pulling the trigger and start putting fuel in. Does my loaf in at times.

I've had to go in to my local garage on multiple occasions to ask someone to turn the pump on, always when you're in a rush as well. Too busy nattering about their weekend escapades to notice the alarm sounding

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
All well n good but you can still do it legally, like everyone does on m3 approach to dee street
Just cause they do it doesn't make it right lol. Really in safety standpoint they shouldn't be moving into Dee At lane until down to the 2 main lanes of A2. I'm amazed there's not more accidents at that area as it's crazy sometimes and yes I have done it myself if traffic slowing down. Again not that it's right technically..

Gambit

RMS Regular
Just cause they do it doesn't make it right lol. Really in safety standpoint they shouldn't be moving into Dee At lane until down to the 2 main lanes of A2. I'm amazed there's not more accidents at that area as it's crazy sometimes and yes I have done it myself if traffic slowing down. Again not that it's right technically..
Dont think were gonna agree on this...if it's safe to do so then its perfectly legal. Exactly as you say you dont cut the hatchings on the bypass when there is no traffic but would when its rush hour but when it's safe...ive watched people numerous times banzai across it and think theyre a ****.

If it was illegal the police would have a field day there.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Lack of discipline on roundabouts ie. this morning a van on the outside lane and I'm on the inside but he's just taking a straight line through and screw everybody else....just a daily one, you can nearly tell on your approach to the roundabout those who will ignore lanes so I always just cautiously enter to avoid getting the nose of the car smashed. The thing that is most annoying about it is that these folk are the ones just driving about making these continuous errors with no awareness of other road users and it's we the competent drivers who are left avoiding potential collisions.

Then the usual one, "40 miler an hourers".....40 mile an hour is their default speed regardless of road conditions or speed limits. Clear open road where NSL applies, 40mph, into a 30 zone....I'm slowing down but what's this? They seem to be continuing at the same speed! So again.....to me there is no logical reason why they are driving at 40mph everywhere, it's not out of fear or safety concerns otherwise it they would adhere to lower limits so it has to be just complete lack of awareness and everyone else suffers the consequences.

A long blast of the horn for the cnuts who straddle both lanes of a two lane roundabout quickly awakens them, fun to watch the car squirm back into their correct lane hastily too

I actually had it happen me today while in the lorry, some ballbag encroached into my lane as he was beside me

Had an old woman pull out infront of me on the way back to the yard, she drove slow the whole way up the hill, then couldn't decide which turn off she was taking, then turned into my turn off, crapped herself and sat there for a few minutes trying to get turned back onto the main road all the while I'm holding up people behind me because I can't get past the mess she's made of the entryway

Gemma

RMS Regular
Watched an R plater absolutely botch the massive turn in left to knockmore.... I don't know where the f**k he thought he was going but the turn was that bad.... He had to reverse back onto the main road and fix it, even at that, he still near hit the bollards haha

brendy

RMS Regular
Absolutely mate, just you drive where and how you want..
Frig green lights
Frig cars behind you
Frig the lane your cutting across.
If I didnt know better he was on his phone too.
20200122_175039.jpg

KevM

RMS Regular
Seen literally all of these same things this morning - also commute up hillhall every morning. You'd think the slow drivers on hillhall would notice the half mile line of cars behind and just speed up or pull in!!

Ever meet a wee Jade Green Civic (EK9 shape) with BBS reps on Hillhall? It has aftermarket lucky-bag xenons glaring through old optical headlight lenses, blinding everyone? I meet it virtually every morning....

Dan.86

RMS Regular
A2 Bangor bound at 60mph zone. Literally watched all the cars move to the overtaking lane. Inside lane absolutely clear for me to sail up passed at the speed limit to my turn off at Ballysallagh. All but one car going that way. The rest Bangor bound. Rather humorous if nothing else watching it.

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
Ever meet a wee Jade Green Civic (EK9 shape) with BBS reps on Hillhall? It has aftermarket lucky-bag xenons glaring through old optical headlight lenses, blinding everyone? I meet it virtually every morning....
Haha! Pretty sure I have. Didn't even know it was a civic, can't see much of anything for a few moments after you pass him 😂

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Met an Asda HGV earlier and the man was driving it with his elbows while texting!!! Going to check if my dashcam got it.

also met about another 3 people on the m2 with the phone glued to their hand and ear, winds me up.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
The number of ****wits that indicate right here and then go left over the bridge, they seem to think it's a slip road. First slip road I ever saw with two way traffic!

Northern Ireland

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Was heading to Dublin airport on Tuesday morning and passed a mk4 fiesta with the driver watching something on his phone which was propped against the speedo 🤷‍♂️

See some sights on that road, mostly me undertaking everyone sitting in the outside lane.

The fog coming home from dundalk at 5am was brutal!

Westkink, tbh it can **** off.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Ball bag in the rigid 7.5 tonne coming down the M2 from Antrim texting away on his phone around 4.30. I was in the wife’s Range Rover so had a better view into cab. Could see the telltale reflection mirror before I passed. Drifting into the hard shoulder and just into outside lane too. Got past sharpish! Must have a look at her dashcam to see the company.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Silly bitch in a BM who pulled out across me so late I probably should have closed my eyes and waited for the bang.

Was in a hire van too so that would have been hilarious when I returned it