What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
The lorries were the worst, got stuck behind one full of logs for ages.

I've had to overtake lorries in a lorry too but it's usually the old ****s in cars.

Probably not a big issue in a car, but try accelerating past one hitting the 56 limiter and they've just sped up too

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
You'd swear blind that most people that are driving slower do speed up when you go to overtake them in a courteous fashion. Whilst two wrongs don't make a right if someone blatantly goes out of their way to make it awkward for me by speeding up to neither let me overtake or switch lanes I'll just force my way in and make them slow down, and if there's a problem then we can discuss it after when it's safe to do so.🤗

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I drive the a1 twice a day, leave plenty of time to get to work and home so knock on cruise control at 67.
the amount of times I have to turn it off or change the speed because people speed up when I’m overtaking or the ones that over take then slow down when they pull back in again (usually southern Reg)

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
I drive the a1 twice a day, leave plenty of time to get to work and home so knock on cruise control at 67.
the amount of times I have to turn it off or change the speed because people speed up when I’m overtaking or the ones that over take then slow down when they pull back in again (usually southern Reg)

I would head to Donegal 2-3 times a month travelling along the M1 to Ballygawley then on through Omagh. As soon as I clear Lisburnish I set the cruise to an indicated 80mph (75mph really) then overtake and return to lane 1 as necessary. It is extremely frustrating the number of times people speed up just as you try to pass them when minutes before you had been gaining on them at a rate of knots :mad:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
The standard of driving on the M1, had to undertake 3 vehicles on the way to work this morning due to their ignorance of just sitting in the outside late and refusing to move. Seems nobody knows autobahn etiquette, think I need a break from driving! I briefly looked at the hard shoulder one evening last week as a viable option.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
The standard of driving on the M1, had to undertake 3 vehicles on the way to work this morning due to their ignorance of just sitting in the outside late and refusing to move. Seems nobody knows autobahn etiquette, think I need a break from driving! I briefly looked at the hard shoulder one evening last week as a viable option.

I used to drive it regularly and if they sat in the outside lane below the limit and you flashed them to move they'd then sit on your bumper, brake check you or try to get you to pull over cause they are being a dip ****. Seen more accidents from people being complacent, worst was one a week for three months. Dash cam was on overtime.

scub

Banned
so apart from your undertaking & seeing the hard shoulder as an option, everyone else's standard of driving is sh1t 😆

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Myself - driving through ballymena on the way to work earlier from the dual carriageway past Sainsburys - came to the end where you'd join straight on with McDonalds and Halfords on the left hand side.

Completely forgot/didnt realise that you have to give way to the right and I cut right in front (by inches) of a black ford fiesta (I think) - so if anyone in the Ballymena area hears of an asshole in a white audi who nearly got T-Boned, sorry!

Felt like turning round and catching up with the person to apologize :worried:

scub

Banned
Myself - driving through ballymena on the way to work earlier from the dual carriageway past Sainsburys - came to the end where you'd join straight on with McDonalds and Halfords on the left hand side.

Completely forgot/didnt realise that you have to give way to the right and I cut right in front (by inches) of a black ford fiesta (I think) - so if anyone in the Ballymena area hears of an asshole in a white audi who nearly got T-Boned, sorry!

least you're honest 👍

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
least you're honest 👍

Felt awful - I have been involved in a few near misses on my travels this last few months to work which have been the fault of others and this was the first time it was totally me. Lucky I didnt brake mid way through otherwise I'd have been T boned

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

Surely they understood as this is standard practice for Audi drivers:grinning:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Every single non essential cnut bag on the roads since lockdown has lifted 😑

I bet my license that whilst the large majority weren't allowed out, the collision rate was miniscule, the amount of accidents I've seen or seen reports of in the last few weeks alone is astonishing

Most seem to be absolutely stupid mistakes, but then driving everyday nothing really surprises me because the quality of driving is shocking.

Was driving from my second last call to by last this afternoon, about 1pm, took the road I take every week, though this week I was maybe half an hour behind schedule. Cars parked up and down both sides of the road, ON the road, I get stuck behind an old man allowing everything coming down the hill to continue coming, when he finally gets going he takes so long another bunch of ignorant p***ks form a queue in the middle of the road whilst I'm coming towards them in a lorry.

Cnuts had no consideration for the massive blue thing coming up the hill towards them, one girl even stopped dead with her driver's side wheels on the white line, just about got through the non existent gap, because god forbid a car would reverse into a position to let a lorry past 😡

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
People who hog the outside lane of M2 city bound from Sandyknows right to the M5 merge and progress to move to the outside lane of M2/5 :mad:

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Today on the M56 heading back into Manchester there are 4 lanes, left most for the airport. Cement mixer leaves it to the very last minute to swerve out of his lane over the chevrons into lane 2, causing about 3 cars to get out of his way, one of them having to go into the next lane just avoiding a taxi. He had about 3 overhead signs telling him the left most lane was for the airport. Ballbag.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Some d**khead on their phone on the Dunkirk road near driving head on into me. The person behind them seemed to be in more shock than me lol.

Simon83

RMS Regular
The gentleman on the M2 this afternoon about 1315hrs in a battered up Rav4 Swerved across 3 lanes plus chevrons to make the Fort William off slip, missing me by inches and showering me in stones and crap. Gave him plenty of room on the entry to the roundabout just encase he decided another kamikaze manoeuvre, nope he took the 2nd exit and straight back down onto the M2. Came back onto the roundabout 10 minutes later and the traffic cops are sitting waiting to pounce bloody typical.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Ever get them people that pull out in front of you at a roundabout and then start with the “evil eye” and the ol’ mouth flappin’?

Different planet them lot.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I took the MX5 for a wee run tonight because it had sat around for a nearly 2 weeks. I was turning right at the Ballyclare Road roundabout in Carnmoney heading towards Ballyclare when a grey Jetta starts onto the roundabout, then stops (cooing like a ****ing pigeon of course) and the wee smick behind the wheel shakes his head at me.

I HAVE ****ING RIGHT OF WAY YOU p***k, DON'T SHAKE YOUR WEE GEL FRINGED BAP AT ME, SUNSHINE. 😡

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
People, that when you overtake on a country road, in a safe manner. That are so offended by being overtaken that they leave their main beams on. Meaning I have to make significant distance on them.

Passengers that are in your car, that are surprised when you overtake people. Like it's an unusual thing to do, these people also drive.....