What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Was driving behind a lorry the other day on the Coleraine mountain. In front of the lorry was about 8 cars and another 2 lorries. The car behind me decides to try a dodgy overtake and near takes the nose off my car diving in in front of me.

Where was he trying to go to he had no mission getting past everything and why risk a head on collision to gain nothing.

redxl77

RMS Regular
^ Were you maintaining a decent gap between the lorry in front and your car? What I hate is when someone behind you doesn't grasp the issues with tailgating, and pulls in front of you as if you're in a dreamworld or something.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
^ Were you maintaining a decent gap between the lorry in front and your car? What I hate is when someone behind you doesn't grasp the issues with tailgating, and pulls in front of you as if you're in a dreamworld or something.
Yea I had the usual 3 second gap

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I drove a fair bit across England/Scotland on holidays a few years ago and this was a constant issue on the motorway..........that and people flashing and getting angry when you sat in the middle lane at 70mph .........even though the overtaking lane was free! I know in theory the middle lane is an overtaking lane too, but you would be in and out of inside lane like a yoyo if you didn't.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Dug the car out of the garage and took it a run in the nice weather, wanted a quick scalp up the motorway, lorry, artic and box van sat in middle lane, so van goes into inside and round the lorry, artic goes into outside and tried to overtake the other one :rolleyes: which must have taken at least a mile to do, not sure whether the guy sped up or what but totally slowed up the outside

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
On my way to my Mum’s to help her sort out a few of Dad’s things and I was annoyed by folk who don’t seem to know what the big yellow boxes at junctions mean!!

That and folk who don’t seem to know that you give way to the right at roundabouts!! 😡

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
On my way to my Mum’s to help her sort out a few of Dad’s things and I was annoyed by folk who don’t seem to know what the big yellow boxes at junctions mean!!

That and folk who don’t seem to know that you give way to the right at roundabouts!! 😡
Yeah they just pull out then give you a dirty look!

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
That’s exactly what happened to me today! Lol
roundabout on my way to work i get both these! its slow at 1 exit due to schools and people block the yellow box, then going round 1s pull out not seeing that it's backed up and have to stop almost immediatly once on roundabout as they only look right . . . .but generally ignore what's coming! i've had a few near misses!

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
It seems no one bothers to use an indicator any more.
I collected my car from country garage and as they had the battery disconnected it cancelled my auto 3 indicator. Had to put it back on via the idrive.
Even when my overtake is complete I indicate to go into the left lane. It’s not hard.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
It’s unbelievable the amount of people can’t use roundabouts around in this country even though there’s so many of them. The only time I’ve ever done an endo on a motor bike was on the Bangor Gransha road roundabout (pre traffic lights) typical pulled into the roundabout and stopped dead because the traffic wasn’t moving blocking the exit (town bound) no idea how I stopped but I nearly kissed her side window.

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
Never ceases to annoy me the number of people who don't understand the concept of right of way. Skipperstone Road in Bangor is a perfect example. Perfectly straight road that you can pretty much see the entire length of. Heading Lisnabreen direction you have a clear run as cars don't park on that side. Heading the other way towards the Newtownards road, cars park along the left side of the road meaning you have to cross the middle to drive along. Had a woman yesterday who decided to plough on ahead and force me into the kerb whilst giving me a dirty look and shaking her head, despite the fact she had at least 2 opportunities to pull in and let me by and would have been able to see me coming from the best part of 500yards away.

:expressionless:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Drivers who pull out of junctions in front of you late and proceed slowly : unamused:

And drivers who slow right down to a crawl to turn into a junction.
What about the ones who come to a complete stop to let someone out of a junction on a quietish road where there absolutely no need to let them out.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I had that earlier. Following a car onto the overtaking lane up a hill where theres a crawler lane on the left. So lorry on the left, everyone else full tilt past up the hill. Until the car in front of me remembers they need to turn right and throws the anchor out. Idiots.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
People with their headlight bulbs in upside down. Also the same people who flash at traffic lights with a dopplar detector thinking it makes them change

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
What about the ones who come to a complete stop to let someone out of a junction on a quietish road where there absolutely no need to let them out.
Or the ones who wait until light goes green at a junction then stop to let a car out of a side street

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Taking a complete mind blank and Forgetting which stalk does what in a car you have drove for 6years.
Wanting to use some screen wash, not today lad you’re going to flash at the oncoming cars instead.
Quick wipe of the windscreen, lol no chance you’ve now indicated left.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Never ceases to annoy me the number of people who don't understand the concept of right of way. Skipperstone Road in Bangor is a perfect example. Perfectly straight road that you can pretty much see the entire length of. Heading Lisnabreen direction you have a clear run as cars don't park on that side. Heading the other way towards the Newtownards road, cars park along the left side of the road meaning you have to cross the middle to drive along. Had a woman yesterday who decided to plough on ahead and force me into the kerb whilst giving me a dirty look and shaking her head, despite the fact she had at least 2 opportunities to pull in and let me by and would have been able to see me coming from the best part of 500yards away.

:expressionless:

Had exactly the same myself a few weeks ago on a different road, but same circumstance.

Fella was gesturing at me to reverse or another great idea he has was for me to drive up onto the the footpath to let him past. When this didn’t work he asked me if I was born a p***k. “Interesting analysis mucker” I thought to myself.

Long story short, someone comes out of their house to move their car to create a space so the ”fella” could drive into it to let me proceed. As he drives into the gap he looks at me with his window down and says “that wasn’t hard, was it”. My face must have been a picture.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Had exactly the same myself a few weeks ago on a different road, but same circumstance.

Fella was gesturing at me to reverse or another great idea he has was for me to drive up onto the the footpath to let him past. When this didn’t work he asked me if I was born a p***k. “Interesting analysis mucker” I thought to myself.

Long story short, someone comes out of their house to move their car to create a space so the ”fella” could drive into it to let me proceed. As he drives into the gap he looks at me with his window down and says “that wasn’t hard, was it”. My face must have been a picture.
Time to pull hand brake up and get newspaper out!🤣
"I'll continue when you develop manners"

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Teenage drivers.......
Last week, driving back towards my house in the development, coming towards a bottle neck with several cars parked on the right side of the road, I watched a young girl on R plates, in a wee white Punto, accelerate as hard as she could to get out past the first car so I'd have to stop. She was smirking as she drove past.

Today, young guy in a black Polo on our way to Sprucefield, clearly more interested in his girl in the passenger seat, doing about 50 in the NSL overtaking lane, steering and braking erratically, and with no indicators either. His rear view mirror was angled up towards the roof of the car, and even though I flashed the lights to get him to pull over, he remained completely oblivious. Several of the cars behind resorted to overtaking on the inside lane. It actually crossed my mind that he might not have passed his driving test, given the state of his driving.

Rant over.

Cooks

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
Slammed VW Passat travelling in the opposite direction and there was a cloud of soot for half a mile behind him. Big sticker on the back window that no doubt had his Insta handle on it too, the throbber.

I wonder if the amount of soot on a rear bumper is proportional to the amount of inbred dna in the owner...

redxl77

RMS Regular
Must think he's James Bond 🥴

Old Ballynahinch road, heading to b'hinch... woman yesterday who casually jay walked (at an angle) across the road at top of the hill just after a nearly-blind summit, near the Cargycreevy hall. She either didn't look properly or miserably misjudged my (within the limit) speed. Really think a dashcam will be a good idea now.

And yes, she lived to tell the tale.