What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Had exactly the same myself a few weeks ago on a different road, but same circumstance.

Fella was gesturing at me to reverse or another great idea he has was for me to drive up onto the the footpath to let him past. When this didn’t work he asked me if I was born a p***k. “Interesting analysis mucker” I thought to myself.

Long story short, someone comes out of their house to move their car to create a space so the ”fella” could drive into it to let me proceed. As he drives into the gap he looks at me with his window down and says “that wasn’t hard, was it”. My face must have been a picture.
Was there something wrong with his reverse gear?

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Was going down the Glenshane pass this morning in a line of traffic doing about 50. There was a speed van sitting in the lay-by someone in front shat themselves and stands on the brakes even though we’re only doing 50 🤷‍♂️

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Heading to Carrickfergus for work on Monday and couldn’t believe my eyes.

Little 3 door fiesta driving in the middle lane with easily 10ft of wooden beams sticking out of the passenger side window at a crazy angle and maybe infringing into the inside lane by good 3-4ft. I watched as cars had to literally swerve as he moved from m5 (Carrickfergus bound lane?) to m2 lane as he seemed to either not care or not aware that he literally was nearly spearing cars to his left.

seriously wanted to photo or video it but was in car by myself.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Time to pull hand brake up and get newspaper out!🤣
"I'll continue when you develop manners"

There was a fella driving a mini bus did this to me recently. There’s a lane to the house with a few lay-bys and instead of pulling in to one to have his lunch & let me through he decided that because he had ‘beat’ me into the lane by cutting me off he now owned it and I could eff off. I sat for a few mins and laughed at the big show. Big dramatic lift of the handbrake, kicked back to get on like he can sit all day, broke the thermos out and poured a coffee and started dramatically thumbing through his newspaper. Proper throbber stuff.

I left the car where it was and on the way past told him to knock the door when he was done being a pillock. Not sure he realised I lived 20ft away!

redxl77

RMS Regular
Didn't really annoy me, but more like a what the heck is this pile of junk in front of me falling to pieces sort of thing. Was behind a tractor which was returning from a visit to the scrapyard, towing an old, rusty, semi DIY looking flatbed trailer but with two low sides on it. One minute the trailer was intact, the next minute one of the sides was coming apart from one end and waggling around. Bits of rusty **** were falling off it onto the road. He pulled over to stop. Would've loved a photo.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Slow drivers on the stretch of road between Coleraine and Maghera. Its pretty much a straight run with only a handful of corners, but twice this last week ive been in a queue of cars behind someone who chugs along at 45-50 then goes right through Garvagh, Swatragh, Maghera etc at that same speed too

RoniN

RMS Regular
Slow drivers on the stretch of road between Coleraine and Maghera. Its pretty much a straight run with only a handful of corners, but twice this last week ive been in a queue of cars behind someone who chugs along at 45-50 then goes right through Garvagh, Swatragh, Maghera etc at that same speed too

Do Coleraine, Kilrea to Maghera. 3 miles longer but you'll do it way faster.

Cheers

redxl77

RMS Regular
On the straight dual lane section at the Nutts corner market, leaving the roundabout heading for the motorway. Driver in car in front is needlessly on the outside lane then suddenly turns left across the other lane to drive into some entrance. I was on the inside lane.

Same road, earlier, going the other way. Car tailgating a lorry and keeps on veering out as if trying to overtake then doesn't bother as if they're not certain of their car's overtaking ability.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Taking a complete mind blank and Forgetting which stalk does what in a car you have drove for 6years.
Wanting to use some screen wash, not today lad you’re going to flash at the oncoming cars instead.
Quick wipe of the windscreen, lol no chance you’ve now indicated left.
The forester is jdm so the indicators are on the right. The bm is on the left. Can't drive either car without random flashing lights/wiping actions.

Feel like a moron

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Driving from Banbridge to Gilford yesterday, it was the perfect storm. A peleton of cyclists, followed by a tractor & trailer....... Ain't nobody gettin past that.

The queue of cars stretched back as far as Loughbrickland. Apparently. 🤣🤣

Cooks

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Tractors around general area of downpatrick ... they were all flocking to some gathering outside strangford ... so much for COVID restrictions. :rolleyes:

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
2 speed traps within a mile of each other on the A1 yesterday afternoon, cheeky gits.
Had the hairdryer out on Boucher on Sunday afternoon...............but were just past Hurst where the dump used to be, wouldn't have thought they caught too many people as that many lights there be hard to go any speed.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Main road as you approach the roundabout at the end of the Longshot heading towards the airport from Ballyclare. Woodsides rigid going straight ahead and I move out to right lane to get past it and then filter beyond. Girl coming opposite way comes around the roundabout and into her right lane to get past slow moving artic. We’re now (if it was to happen normally) to pass right side to right side all good. Until... about 40-50 ft from me she keeps drifting right from her lane almost 3/4 into mine ... and keeps coming... and keeps coming.... Remember it’s a NSL, too..

Flash of the lights, vigorous braking, horn on my part to make her aware and she over corrects back almost clipping the truck she’s trying to get past. I can only think she’s taken it too wide on the way in (it is quite neat) but in 15 years driving that road I’ve never seen anything like that. Shocking

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
So tonight escalated pretty quickly , heading up the M8 out of Fermoy Co. Cork , minding my own business, tunes on, no traffic and I comes across a van on fire on the shoulder, now hard shoulders aren't that wide here in the south and I'm not really one for stopping on motorways in a truck, but seeing the cabin on fire 🔥 and stuff getting hauled out from the side door, it was obvious the driver was in the back firing out all his suff onto the grass, so pulled in , got back to the van by this time he was out and on the phone to the fire service, established he was ok, got his stuff moved away out of the road, so then I moved back about 80/100 meters to give traffic some warning to move into lane 2, van was well ablaze at this stage with stuff going off in the back and mad smoke,

Anyways the thing that annoyed my head was 1 driver moved into lane 2, decided to stop, ingage reverse mode, reverse back up lane 2 up to me puts her passenger window down , and proceeds to educate me that I should be standing further back to give her more warning about the van on fire, ( insert a monumental amount of curse words here) she was swiftly told to saunter on 🤦‍♂️. Unbelievable stupid people on the roads here, disbelief really .

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Fair play @FN2DAVE , you were King of the Road today!
I've came across cars on fire before on roads and haven't stopped, reasons being I've gotten the thumbs up from the driver, coupled with no fire extinguisher , me stopping in a truck can end up causing more harm than good I think, when muppet drivers do stupid things 🤦‍♂️.
This is what your up against, people can't even navigate into a services, how this Gobsh1te got in here off a roundabout shows you it all they haven't a clue what there at
20210511_102644.jpg