What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Ive ranted about this before but excuse me while i go off on one again.

People from Ballymena/Ballymoney/Antrim/Frosses Road joining the M2.

Why the ****, does each one of the ****s join the M2 and dive straight into lane 2 and ****ing stay there at 60mph until they get to Belfast? Complete shower of thick ****s.

Then, on the way home, they all hog Lane 2 at 50/60 mph the whole way to the exit and only dive onto the exit sliproad at the last ****ing opportunity allowing the traffic to flow like it should.

Complete shower of ****ing ****ing p***ks with ***** road manners.

I join at that junction and it would drive me insane if I was going past that junction like you are!

That bit in bold drives me insane on the way home as well. Im usually the guy they are pushing in in front of and braking like **** so they don't hit the car in front!

alpha-dog

RMS Regular
people not getting in lane quick enough and bogarting two lanes
people who hesitate when you let them go ahead of you and then take longer to pass
letting someone pass who then doesn't want to move
people not knowing speed signs and doing 45mph through a 30mph zone then proceeding into a national speed limit zone still doing 45mph...

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Ive ranted about this before but excuse me while i go off on one again.

People from Ballymena/Ballymoney/Antrim/Frosses Road joining the M2.

Why the ****, does each one of the ****s join the M2 and dive straight into lane 2 and ****ing stay there at 60mph until they get to Belfast? Complete shower of thick ****s.

Then, on the way home, they all hog Lane 2 at 50/60 mph the whole way to the exit and only dive onto the exit sliproad at the last ****ing opportunity allowing the traffic to flow like it should.

Complete shower of ****ing ****ing p***ks with ***** road manners.

Now that is what you call a FUKING rant. Glad you got that off your chest...Well done sir. Well done !!!!

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
OK folks glad to see theres a lot of people out there that get fukked off just as much as me when out on the road.
Heres mine for today....Ok im in me wagon fully loaded, on the M1 in the "slow" lane at our top speed of 50 ..yes it's electronically restricted to 50 MPH anyway i am approaching an on slip because i sit high in me truck i can see cars coming up the on slip to join the M1 if i can i always move into the middle lane if its safe to do so but there are cars beside me in lane 2 and cars up my ar5e as usual but some of these *** witts on the on slip keep coming and coming until they are actually trying to force me into lane two FFS do these tw4ts not know that the road markings are" GIVE WAY" markings and the "slip" in the on slip means either slip in behind or accelerate and slip in in front not fuking force your way out. EEEEEEEErrrrrrrrr.

Lets do the maths... this
smart_shrunk.jpg

will never come off well if this

Blue-Lorry-Large.jpg

rolls over the top of it !!!!!!!

Last edited:

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Pulling onto the motorway an hour ago an a car seen me an never pulled out to the fast lane even though it was clear.

On the m1 on down as I was overtaking a few cars this car decides to.come out right in front of me bit thought it was OK cause he indicated

Ahh road rage :p

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Pulling onto the motorway an hour ago an a car seen me an never pulled out to the fast lane even though it was clear.

On the m1 on down as I was overtaking a few cars this car decides to.come out right in front of me bit thought it was OK cause he indicated

Ahh road rage :p

Slip roads ^^^^^as above.:scream::scream::scream:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
driving my dull as dishwater daily (Hyundai Getz) every single day.... whilst knowing my fun little roadster is sitting all alone in my garage waiting for the nasty salt to go away.... frustration isn't the word....

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
OK folks glad to see theres a lot of people out there that get fukked off just as much as me when out on the road.
Heres mine for today....Ok im in me wagon fully loaded, on the M1 in the "slow" lane at our top speed of 50 ..yes it's electronically restricted to 50 MPH anyway i am approaching an on slip because i sit high in me truck i can see cars coming up the on slip to join the M1 if i can i always move into the middle lane if its safe to do so but there are cars beside me in lane 2 and cars up my ar5e as usual but some of these *** witts on the on slip keep coming and coming until they are actually trying to force me into lane two FFS do these tw4ts not know that the road markings are" GIVE WAY" markings and the "slip" in the on slip means either slip in behind or accelerate and slip in in front not fuking force your way out. EEEEEEEErrrrrrrrr.

Lets do the maths... this
smart_shrunk.jpg

will never come off well if this

Blue-Lorry-Large.jpg

rolls over the top of it !!!!!!!

Why is a 56mph limit vehicle restricted to 50mph ?

And the same definitely doesnt apply to southern lorries ! lol

corsacj

RMS Regular
Every day on the drive home from Larne to Belfast, when you come in past the zoo etc on the motorway. Overtaking lane/middle lane rammed full of people doing 50/60. Left lane empty. What?

Have witnessed so many people pull out from the empty left lane into the middle for no reason whatsoever but to annoy my happiness it seems.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Why is a 56mph limit vehicle restricted to 50mph ?

And the same definitely doesnt apply to southern lorries ! lol
Hi dude and a good question, the answer is money saving its as simple as that. Artics can actually do 60 mph on the motorway legally but most haulage companies have them restricted to 56 for economy but the crowd i work for have dropped it again to 50 and its a PITA.

Irish trucks....well thats another story.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Don't want to sound smug or the like but if anybody has any questions about the trucking game or all the laws and B/S involved in it fire me a question and ill try and answer in a non arrogant way.
Regards Mark

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Hi dude and a good question, the answer is money saving its as simple as that. Artics can actually do 60 mph on the motorway legally but most haulage companies have them restricted to 56 for economy but the crowd i work for have dropped it again to 50 and its a PITA.

Legally the speed limit is 60mph...but is it not also legal requirement to have a restrictor for 56mph ? Which makes the speed limit law a bit stupid lol.

So it's just your employer forces the 50mph...crazy.

Sounds like them assholes Tesco or Asda ! Forever causing traffic jams.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Every day on the drive home from Larne to Belfast, when you come in past the zoo etc on the motorway. Overtaking lane/middle lane rammed full of people doing 50/60. Left lane empty. What?

Have witnessed so many people pull out from the empty left lane into the middle for no reason whatsoever but to annoy my happiness it seems.
Used to be only 2 lanes so idiots still think the left lane is for sandyknowes only starting at Fortwilliam, retards.

karron

RMS Regular
Drives
ford puma

Speed limit is 60 for trucks however Europe decided to go with 90km/56mph, I think it was when tachographs were introduced,so there is a contradiction and usually police would not bother you doing 60. However it had nothing to do with companies and economy but that ridiculous 50mph crap is supermarkets trying to be green/eco friendly con the customer types.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Speed limit is 60 for trucks however Europe decided to go with 90km/56mph, I think it was when tachographs were introduced,so there is a contradiction and usually police would not bother you doing 60. However it had nothing to do with companies and economy but that ridiculous 50mph crap is supermarkets trying to be green/eco friendly con the customer types.

Ireland must have opted out of both of those, as most of the southern lorries I see on the roads are doing more than 60mph !

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Legally the speed limit is 60mph...but is it not also legal requirement to have a restrictor for 56mph ? Which makes the speed limit law a bit stupid lol.

So it's just your employer forces the 50mph...crazy.

Sounds like them assholes Tesco or Asda ! Forever causing traffic jams.

Max speed for an arctic on a single carriageway A road is 40 mph so why go any quicker and risk points and a fine. Because a lot of the public are not aware of this the company have put nice big signs on the back of our trailers to maybe educate one or two to the highway code when it comes to speed limits for trucks. As for the 60 mph speed limit being a bit stupid ...if i have a full load on and a good downward hill the momentum of the whole weight can take me well over the 60 mark beleive me and the restrictors are void in this situation this is why there has to be some sort of max speed limit set for every size of vehicle.

Last edited:

Conor

RMS Regular
When people are behind assholes doing <60mph on the fast lane, do you just sit behind them and then rant on here in the evenings?!

I sit up their bumper with the full beams until they get out of the road. I know I'm not in the right by any means either, but if they're going to be that rude and ignorant I'll be the same. They tend to get out of the road pretty quick then!

I suppose if the culprit is a few cars ahead that's a different story.

karron

RMS Regular
Drives
ford puma
Max speed for an arctic on a single carriageway A road is 40 mph so why go any quicker and risk points and a fine. Because a lot of the public are not aware of this the company have put nice big signs on the back of our trailers to maybe educate one or two to the highway code when it comes to speed limits for trucks.
Some of the supermarket ones have some keek in the sign about them doing restricted speed for peoples safety,50 on a motorway is nothing to do with that . and as for economy reasons, drivers end up dropping down gears probably more trying to maintain the slower speeds and staying in the trucks green band on the rev counter.