What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
R driver pulled out in front of me, just because you put your indicator on doesn't give you the right to cut someone up, they then proceed to drive at 65 in the overtaking lane of the dual carriageway when the left lane is clear :mad:

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
J. MURDOCH Groundworks transit. Marine Highway Carrickfergus this morning. Cnut sitting texting away merrily with phone on the steering wheel. Passed me whilst out with the dog then again 5 minutes later still texting!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Every single pillock I had to overtake on the way to and back from Newcastle yesterday.

What used to be a lovely drive utterly boils my blood these days.

I don't care if someone wants to drive slowly, that's up to them, is the 10 ball bags sitting right behind them without even the slightest thought of overtaking them. They just sit nose to tail like sheep not leaving any room between them.

What is the legality overtaking 8-10 cars in one go like that? Asking for a friend ;-)

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Every single pillock I had to overtake on the way to and back from Newcastle yesterday.

I don't care if someone wants to drive slowly, that's up to them, is the 10 ball bags sitting right behind them without even the slightest thought of overtaking them. They just sit nose to tail like sheep not leaving any room between them.

What is the legality overtaking 8-10 cars in one go like that? Asking for a friend ;-)

Dooooo eeeeeeeeettttt. Same thing annoys me too

aaflyer79

RMS Regular

Interesting one. On the legal front I don’t know. I’d assume (always risky I know!) that as long as you can do it safely then go ahead. Bit with 8-10 cars that’s a lot of length to overtake and I’d imagine you’d be well over NSL to do it safely. There are potentially lots of side roads too to consider. Plus, what’s to say 2nd car behind won’t just overtake without looking....

And I bet not one left a space for you to nip and tuck back into?

AC

RMS Regular

Buy a bike, makes light work of that!

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives

Pretty sure it’s not illegal, it’s doing it safely, I used to do similar numbers on the r1 from time to time but all it takes is one guy not looking in the mirror and pulling out on you!

Not many at the front expect some to com bombing along from 10 cars back, so you can do it but you can come a cropper too :-(

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Not like they're going to catch up to give you an earful lmao
Seen ya/heard ya earlier in the town rick car looks well, you were cruising up duke street, then you came round the shore and turned onto princes street ( street behind the town park) blasted up the road while setting of a couple car alarms lol :laughing: Car sounds a beast mate (y):cool:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Seen ya/heard ya earlier in the town rick car looks well, you were cruising up duke street, then you came round the shore and turned onto princes street ( street behind the town park) blasted up the road while setting of a couple car alarms lol :laughing: Car sounds a beast mate (y):cool:

Spotted my cousin on the way home so darted back round to the square for a chat. Did notice the car alarm going off turning onto Princes st hahaha, doing a lot of engine braking atm as the pads are very very low :monkey:

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I came round the Campbell college roundabout about 12.30 today, and on to the Belmont road (luckily under the speed limit) to find NINE, yes that's correct, NINE police officers in high viz standing on the pavement.

5 on my side of the road, 4 on the opposite side.

My goodness. I thought, has someone been murdered!!!!!

No, the pillocks were using hand held radar, well 3 of them were. The other 6 must have been there for moral support.

I'm all for visible policing presence, and it's nice they weren't hiding in a hedge doing it.

But the cynic in me thinks it's a bit of resource mismanagement!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I came round the Campbell college roundabout about 12.30 today, and on to the Belmont road (luckily under the speed limit) to find NINE, yes that's correct, NINE police officers in high viz standing on the pavement.

No, the pillocks were using hand held radar, well 3 of them were. The other 6 must have been there for moral support.

I'm all for visible policing presence, and it's nice they weren't hiding in a hedge doing it.

I'm more surprised you were under the speed limit to be fair than there being 9 coppers standing there

scub

Banned

buy an evo - 8 cars become 1 !

purplea4T

RMS Regular

Training course, see them there all the time.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I'd be partial to overtaking a car or 5 at once , they get some grace and if they don't make a move I'm gone..most times one of them will blare the horn as im passing and I just signal out the window, see yee!.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Stood at a roundabout with my IAM observer for 5 mins today. Lost count of the number of CBA to indicate and totally wrong lane for direction drivers passed by in that time.

Quite the reminder of how bad driving standards are and why I strive to be better

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
Going to work last night and there was a driver had turned up the wrong side of the dual carriageway at hydebank - they at least had the sense to stop and put hazards on as they couldn’t turn round.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Driving in the second lane of a 4 lane single carriageway through Newry, the two lanes heading towards the centre were jammed to the roundabout, but a cop car was squeezing into my lane to get past, so I move into the left lane next to me, what does the stupid Muppet in front that was already in the left lane do? Brakes for no necessary reason because the police were using my lane not hers.

Some people really don't have a clue.

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender
The bell end in the black civic type R horsing up and down Portstewart prom late Sunday afternoon. I’m pretty sure he hit 60mph going past shenanigans . There’s a time and a place for spirited driving, not on the prom with families and kids about.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I'd be partial to overtaking a car or 5 at once , they get some grace and if they don't make a move I'm gone..most times one of them will blare the horn as im passing and I just signal out the window, see yee!.
Glad it's not just me then.

I've never got beeped, though to be fair, they are so unobservant that I'm long past before they have time to.

The only thing I hate is that in order to get past them in decent time, I'm doing a fair rate of knots by the front of the queue.

I almost always seem to end up doing it more than once on the Ballygowan road, people drive so so spelt slowly on that road