What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Glad it's not just me then.

I've never got beeped, though to be fair, they are so unobservant that I'm long past before they have time to.

The only thing I hate is that in order to get past them in decent time, I'm doing a fair rate of knots by the front of the queue.

I almost always seem to end up doing it more than once on the Ballygowan road, people drive so so spelt slowly on that road

It certainly gets the adrenaline going, passed two cars yesterday on a straight, but just as I went by the first car, an oncoming car appeared. Plenty of time to get in at the head of the queue, but for a moment you are fairly flying towards a car in the same lane!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
It certainly gets the adrenaline going, passed two cars yesterday on a straight, but just as I went by the first car, an oncoming car appeared. Plenty of time to get in at the head of the queue, but for a moment you are fairly flying towards a car in the same lane!
2 I don't mind, it's 8,9,10 where it gets fun :-S

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

Love when you get the obligatory flashing lights from the oncoming car, as if to say you were close to hitting them, even though you've been back in your own lane for a fair while

K'dg

RMS Regular
Sandyknowes roundabout this morning, rush hour, rammed with traffic and the girl on the inside lane beside me is just sailing along in full text mode on the mobile....not even looking up to see what's going on around her yet accelerating forwards. See this most days there to be honest, I'm surprised there are not a lot more smashes as a result.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
The roundabout at the Boulevard/Outlet in Banbridge up at the petrol station. Horrifically designed. Anyone know what is the correct lane to enter it if coming to Banbridge and joining the A1 southbound? Ive always assumed the right lane as its the third exit but the layout makes it awkward to then move across to the left to leave the roundabout. and everyone else including the truck and two cars this morning use the left lane all the way round meaning I had to practically stop to let them pass and be able to leave behind them.

simy

RMS Regular
Traffic leaving The Boulevard to go south is directed to the left hand lane, so i guess thats where you need to be before that point of the roundabout. i.e in the left hand lane after the turn off to The Boulevard before it splits into two further lanes. left for south and right for north.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
in that case you would have to enter the roundabout in the left hand lane to take the third exit when coming from Banbridge.

You're right, absolute nightmare of a roundabout that is. Even if you do use it correctly you'll have a close call with someone else who doesn't know how to navigate it. Designed totally wrong.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Probably sick to death of this being mentioned but not indicating at roundabouts. I had three attempts at getting onto the church road/Prince Charles way roundabout in Newtownabbey this afternoon because of idiots and old duffers who couldn't be arsed to indicate or in the wrong lane.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
People coming round corners in the middle of the road. It happens multiple times on every journey, I don’t know how these people never crash.
Too busy trying to do 60 everywhere they miss the telltale signs of a corner approaching and don't adjust 😑

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
People coming round corners in the middle of the road. It happens multiple times on every journey, I don’t know how these people never crash.

It's how "advanced" drivers are taught to hold the road, however they're supposed to use the wider vantage point to see the cars coming towards them.

I don't think there's much advanced about putting yourself into a position of danger personally.

Would much rather drive fast close to the hedges and be prepared for the possibility of a tractor around the corner etc.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I still think the advanced test is something that most folk should be taking, some great tips picked up from it.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I’m an advanced driver and wasn’t taught to do this on blind corners.

Not on blind corners no, but I imagine some would interpret the hold the left of the road for right corners and the right of the road for left corners as do this at all times, as opposed to when it's safe to do so.

Middle of the road around blind corners is just idiotic and likely as @Polobrat666 said where someone took it too fast and didn't notice the corner approach them, or someone who regularly sits miles away from the kerb side, I see old people do this daily on country roads lol

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Middle of the road around blind corners is just idiotic and likely as @Polobrat666 said where someone took it too fast and didn't notice the corner approach them, or someone who regularly sits miles away from the kerb side, I see old people do this daily on country roads lol

See this all the time and it annoys me! Actually just reminded me i got stuck behind some idiot last night the whole way from Lurgan to Dromore sitting at a steady 45-50mph with the car absolutely loaded with stuff (boot open and all) and he probably spent more time with two wheels across the white line than within. To top it all off he also decided that coming through Gamblestown in the 40mph limit he would just carry on at 45-50mph and not slow down. Shouldn't really annoy me but it does considering some of the serious accidents I've seen on that road in recent times.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
I’m an advanced driver and wasn’t taught to do this on blind corners.
IAM associate biker near test. There's no way Id be out there on a blind, edge of centre third at best, appropriate speed and gear with engine just pulling.

That way I have space to give up position

Paul.

RMS Regular
@Lyons Where did you do your advanced driving? I love driving and in the past while I've been thinking about how to get better at it, for so many people get their license and then stagnate or fall into shocking habits after 4-5 years. I don't want to be one of them.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Two old dears in an old-style red Corolla. Sitting at the entrance to Applegreen Mallusk this afternoon blocking up a brave bit of the motorway offslip as a result. Didn’t have the gumption to move forward and behind another car as all the fuel pumps were in use. So I assume they just sat there... most decided it was easier to pull out into the B King drive-through lane and bypass them.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
1) Farmers towing their cattle trailer with no form of lights or indicators who also can't manage to stay between the white lines on an A road and then decide that they have to take the racing line through the roundabout.

2) People who cant use the correct lanes on roundabouts and dual carriageways/motorways.

It's not difficult......

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I swear the Touareg must have a cloaking device for the amount of people that pull in front of me in traffic. If I leave space between me and the car in front on a dual carriageway for more than 5 seconds, some arsehole is trying to squeeze into it.