What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Big Jon

RMS Regular
Drives
G87 M2
Why is it that people don't read road markings/signs? Was at the end of the Airport Road at the Dee Street/Sydenham Bypass end, in the left lane which is clearly marked as "A2/Dee Street Only" and the right hand lane is marked as "Straight Ahead Only". I was in the left hand lane as I was going onto the Sydenham Bypass when the boyo beside me flicks the indicator on and chops across the front of me as he also was heading to the bypass.

I gave a blast of the horn and by his hand gestures he was signalling that I should have been heading down Dee Street so got out to point out that the left lane is for the A2 and pointed to the A2 carriageway in front of him. He was adamant I was in the wrong and that he "had his indicator on"🙄

Edited for link:
Google Maps

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Why is it that people don't read road markings/signs? Was at the end of the Airport Road at the Dee Street/Sydenham Bypass end, in the left lane which is clearly marked as "A2/Dee Street Only" and the right hand lane is marked as "Straight Ahead Only". I was in the left hand lane as I was going onto the Sydenham Bypass when the boyo beside me flicks the indicator on and chops across the front of me as he also was heading to the bypass.

I gave a blast of the horn and by his hand gestures he was signalling that I should have been heading down Dee Street so got out to point out that the left lane is for the A2 and pointed to the A2 carriageway in front of him. He was adamant I was in the wrong and that he "had his indicator on"🙄

Edited for link:
Google Maps

It's always slightly amusing on top of infuriating when people think they're in the right even after being shown clearly they were not

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
The Cnut in the john deere that drove from the dunloy crossroads to the ballybogey roundabout at 25mph at 515pm with a queue of about 200 cars behind him cos he was too much of an ignorant **** to pullover for 5mins in the numerous laybys he could have used.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
The Cnut in the john deere that drove from the dunloy crossroads to the ballybogey roundabout at 25mph at 515pm with a queue of about 200 cars behind him cos he was too much of an ignorant **** to pullover for 5mins in the numerous laybys he could have used.

I wish so bad this was policed more

I understand farmers provide an immeasurable service to us, but ffs use a truck and trailer to haul stuff between locations or else pull the fk over!

It almost seems like they go out of their way to be more present on the roads at peak times, but they are in fact constantly on the roads...

If I were in a truck and was holding people up I'd gladly pull over, but I'm usually keeping up with traffic so never need to, constantly having to overtake tractors on nsl country roads is a hazard, and the unconfident drivers who pile up behind scared to overtake are even more so a hazard too

AC

RMS Regular
I swear the Touareg must have a cloaking device for the amount of people that pull in front of me in traffic. If I leave space between me and the car in front on a dual carriageway for more than 5 seconds, some arsehole is trying to squeeze into it.

This also gets on my goat. One of my favourite features in the Golf is the adaptive cruise control. I have it set for a modest distance so as not to pick up stone chips driving too close to the car in front. The amount of people that pull in front causing my car to hit the brakes to fall back to the same distance as before is annoying. Granted it’s a first world problem but still, f***ers.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
This also gets on my goat. One of my favourite features in the Golf is the adaptive cruise control. I have it set for a modest distance so as not to pick up stone chips driving too close to the car in front. The amount of people that pull in front causing my car to hit the brakes to fall back to the same distance as before is annoying. Granted it’s a first world problem but still, f***ers.

The two second gap rule no longer appliesi twould appear. It's more like 0.5 seconds or someone thinks its a space to dive into. I was riding home from the nw200 on the bike and was leaving a 1 second gap with my mate on his bike and there were still people pulling in between us, madness.

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
Couldn't agree more. When driving down Eglinton and Limavady direction, I notice the tractor drivers seem happier to pull onto the hard shoulder to let traffic past when they can but round where I live, do they f**k give a cr@p, you're on your own!

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
Idiots waiting till the last possible second before realising they are in the wrong lane after driving past 8 different signs telling them what lane to be in! Also people who overtake a single car in front of them heading to a roundabout leaving the poor sod in a 40 footer behind who just had 200 yards to slow towards the roundabout with 4 yards! All because the person couldn't wait 10 seconds

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Idiots waiting till the last possible second before realising they are in the wrong lane after driving past 8 different signs telling them what lane to be in! Also people who overtake a single car in front of them heading to a roundabout leaving the poor sod in a 40 footer behind who just had 200 yards to slow towards the roundabout with 4 yards! All because the person couldn't wait 10 seconds
...and the drivers who try to squeeze up the offside of the artic when it’s clearly straddling both roundabout lanes for a good reason!!

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d

This clampet was out again this morning at 845 am on the same road going the same direction (ie the direction all the traffic for the nw200 is going!) Judging by the queue behind him he still had no intention of pulling over!
Thankfully I was going the other direction this morning.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
People who stop on a main road when turning right or left into a junction, that let the person in the junction out when there's only one or two cars behind them at the time so the road would be clear for them to pull onto within seconds, I usually end up stuck behind old people because of this.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
The ejit who decided to overtake me on speedbumps coming out of Waringstown. I wasn't even going stupid slow either as her wee Focus is happy driving over them at 20-25mph.

I just don't understand why he felt the need to overtake at the last speed bump. Dodgy, pointless manouver.

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
The idiocy of pedestrians and their need to walk in straight lines. 40 foot truck reversing in besides Dunnes in Larne down an alleyway and people refuse to wait till it's done manoeuvring and walking round it and behind it! Zero f**ks given at all!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Everyday on the M2 without fail a lorry overtakes another lorry by going 1mph faster going up the M2 hill.

Sure there's 3 lanes, most times more powerful or lighter lorrys can travel much faster than fully loaded ones up that hill, imagine being stuck behind a lorry at 56, then imagine being stuck behind a tractor at 30.. that's what it's like being stuck behind another lorry going up that pita of a hill 😂

Saw a guy proper inch from bumper tail gate a learner going around a roundabout earlier, thought to myself wtf is he playing at, not on in the slightest.