What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
This stupid tango'd chavy bitch in a grey A4 on the Sydenham road this morning, flies up the inside lane when it's clearly blocked by parked cars, tries to dart in at the last minute then gives me abuse for not letting her push her way in.

**** right off you ****.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Probably my 100th post on this, but lane hoggers, why oh ****ing why can no one in this country grasp the concept of a 3 lane motorway.

Also people who think you're immoral for using a merge in turn lane, im not skipping the queue, im using the road how it was intended to be used and if a lot more people did there would be less traffic jams, complete and utter morons of the highest order.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I've resorted to flashing lane hoggers until they move. I'm pretty sure I've said this before too but for those who think they are being smart arses holding someone up just because they themselves are sitting at the speed limit and therefore have every right to block people need mowed off the road and into the Lagan - It could be an emergency and whilst in most cases i get it probably isn't , just get the f**k out of the way regardless of speeds / limits.

This is relative to outside lane hoggers ,just to make that clear.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've resorted to flashing lane hoggers until they move. I'm pretty sure I've said this before too but for those who think they are being smart arses holding someone up just because they themselves are sitting at the speed limit and therefore have every right to block people need mowed off the road and into the Lagan - It could be an emergency and whilst in most cases i get it probably isn't , just get the f**k out of the way regardless of speeds / limits.

This is relative to outside lane hoggers ,just to make that clear.

I got pulled and mercilessly bollocked for doing that. The ballbag that sat in the outside lane for the past 10 miles overtaking no-one got away Scott free.

Now I just slip up the inside in a non undertaking fashion, officer.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Yep, I mind trying to rush to Antrim Area years ago in my DC5 to see my dad who had taken a heart attack, not knowing if it was the last time i'd see him or not (he made a full recovery)

But a wee tramp in a mini thought she was being smug sitting in the outside lane with a lorry in the inside, you never know where someone is trying to get to and if they are speeding thats their own gamble.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
It doesn't help that most are probably going an indicated 70, which in reality is likely 65/66/67 given speedo error, but yeah, got stuck behind someone doing 50 in the roadworks area of the M6 in England this morning 😒

simy

RMS Regular
Probably my 100th post on this, but lane hoggers, why oh ****ing why can no one in this country grasp the concept of a 3 lane motorway.

Also people who think you're immoral for using a merge in turn lane, im not skipping the queue, im using the road how it was intended to be used and if a lot more people did there would be less traffic jams, complete and utter morons of the highest order.
Daily occurance on the sliproad from Stockman's lane to the M1, some smartalec in the left lane will straddle the white line to prevent people passing. Makes me laugh.

Also, this morning approaching the Hillsborough roundabout, and a Buseireann coach sails down the hard shoulder and barges in at the last minute. Pretty sure that is not a bus lane.

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
The clown joining the M2 this morning at Rathmore, who decided coming to a complete halt with indicator on once the chevrons stopped was by far the safest option rather than using the whole onslip!
And people joining at the bottom of the hill section across the chevrons as opposed to using the whole onlsip

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
My small commute home usually never bothered me, but the knob I was behind, in the outside lane of the M1, crusining at circa 70mph fires on the anchors to about 50mph to let a car in the middle lane come into our lane. Absolutely no need, was nothing in front of him and nothing behind me. If I didn't know better, I'd swear he was looking me to run into him. Was plenty of space between us, so, no skin off my arse, but he's a complete knob jockey.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Yep, I mind trying to rush to Antrim Area years ago in my DC5 to see my dad who had taken a heart attack, not knowing if it was the last time i'd see him or not (he made a full recovery)

But a wee tramp in a mini thought she was being smug sitting in the outside lane with a lorry in the inside, you never know where someone is trying to get to and if they are speeding thats their own gamble.

I rest my case. My old man is a driving instructor and that was something that always stuck with me.. you never know what that person's situation is so just get out of the way irrespective of your speed or ego. I see it all too often and you just know they are sitting there trying to be smug, it's total lack of intelligence and common sense.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
To be honest I’m not sure why I’m still into cars. Bar looking at them, where’s the fun in driving them anymore?

There seems to be a new adopted speed limit of between 45 and 50mph on clear roads, nobody will overtake, everyone seems happy drifting along without purpose....that is until you overtake them and finally you see several of these cars eyeing up an overtake themselves.

It just feels like the majority of NI are driving about as if they have half a litre of fuel left in the tank, it really is pathetic

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I actually can't believe I watched an artic undertake a car on the m3 bridge in the rain yesterday.. that's etched in my mind for life. If I was in the car i would have just swung myself off the bridge in realisation that I was a complete cockwomble for driving slower than the vessels under the bridge were sailing.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I actually can't believe I watched an artic undertake a car on the m3 bridge in the rain yesterday.. that's etched in my mind for life. If I was in the car i would have just swung myself off the bridge in realisation that I was a complete cockwomble for driving slower than the vessels under the bridge were sailing.

You'd be surprised how many useless cnuts I've to overtake in a rigid on a daily basis, regularly being held up by drivers is the single most annoying thing about driving an hgv

Although I did have a blast coming up the N52 with an artic infront of me yesterday, two of us hammering it on round corners in the wet, catching cars and everything 😂 most fun I've had in a truck, period!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Having spent the last 20 years commuting elsewhere and now having spent a year commuting in and out of Belfast via the ligoniel / crumlin roads and the M2 / Sandyknowes / Bernice / Printshop, by **** not many people here know how to drive. All of the above things, 50 mph in a 60 but 40mph in a 30 is ok and they are happy to push you down the road in a built up area because you passed them out on the open road. Lane hogging on the M2 is flipping unreal but then you can see them vibrate when you are slipping nicely along in the middle / inside lane.

What strikes me is the aggression that is on show. Even in places like Madrid where I've commuted, theres less aggro and more progress made in traffic.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Tonight some complete twit was hogging the 3rd lane on the m2 hill going down into Belfast. They moved over to let me past after a few mins. THEN IMMEDIATELY INDICATED BACK INTO THE 3rd lane!!! Literally no other cars about while I’m in the 1st lane. Wtf like

Yep, its a daily occurrence on the m2, ****ing halfwits everywhere

zafturbo

RMS Regular

I actually followed a lady tonight in a mx5 from Larne to Belfast so say 22 miles .she overtook me half mile out of Larne and she stayed in the outside lane the whole way to the motorway at Mallusk .she then went over into the 3rd lane until she turned off at nelson street .like why tell me just why lol.fair enough she was not hanging about and no one come behind her looking past but still .
You'd be surprised how many useless cnuts I've to overtake in a rigid on a daily basis, regularly being held up by drivers is the single most annoying thing about driving an hgv

Although I did have a blast coming up the N52 with an artic infront of me yesterday, two of us hammering it on round corners in the wet, catching cars and everything 😂 most fun I've had in a truck, period!
At 56 mph slow coach .😂😂.bet you wish you had a faster truck than what you have now .😏

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Reading this makes me so happy I don't have to sit on the M1 twice every day. Used to do it last year but transferred branch and now my commute consists of nice flowing country roads with only the odd hold up.

I totally agree the driving over here is shocking though and it really winds me up when someone will cruise at 45 on 60 mph road but will happily sit up someones hole in a 30