What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
This! I counted 11 people on my commute in and out of Belfast yesterday at rush hour times on their phones. Absolutely unbelievable. Pretty much all doing as you say, weaving from side to side in the lanes!

That boils my piss. Guy in a white van joining the Bangor carriageway at Holywood exchange doing the same in rush hour a few nights ago, it's those times you want to see the police actually doing something.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
The amount of people who cant drive this time of year is unreal. We all should be use to this weather now its the same year in year out.
Agreed. Behind a Suzuki **** box sitting at about 38 in a NSL, well lit, wide and straight as you like. Braked every time a car passed and then sped up as I overtook (could see the car pushing down at the back, noise of engine rising, etc.) my 35d swatted it like a fly but you just think - why?!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Was going up the hill on the m2 today doing a nice steady 55 on the inside lane. At one point lane 3 had actually came to a halt and lane 2 was still flowing but slower.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Same almost every night ffs although there was an accident with two cars stopped and police / breakdown truck so all 3 lanes had people standing on the brakes when they saw the flashing lights. :mad:

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I was coming home from Larne tonight and there was a white van ahead of me, the odd time putting 2 wheels into the overtaking lane.

By the time I got the BP station, I figured I may overtake him and went out round him. A lorry ahead moved into the overtaking lane to turn right at the next round about and next thing the van driver passes us on the inside (not surprisingly since the lorry was holding us up) but about 3 inches from our passenger wing mirror.

He then near takes his own wing mirror off by driving too close to the lorry's trailer and straight lines the double lane roundabout, heading straight on Belfast direction.

Quite simply the worst driving I have seen in quite a while. Either drunk, blind, incompetent or all 3.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
A growing trend of people pulling over on the wrong side of the road, which in itself isn't a problem, but at nighttime they sit with their headlight on, could they not dip to sidelights? do they not realise the left side of the headlight is bright to light up the hedge??
AAAGGGRRRRHHHHH

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
A growing trend of people pulling over on the wrong side of the road, which in itself isn't a problem, but at nighttime they sit with their headlight on, could they not dip to sidelights? do they not realise the left side of the headlight is bright to light up the hedge??
AAAGGGRRRRHHHHH

Not to mention making life harder for leaving the space when finished

I'm fairly sure it's in the highway code to park on the side of the road that you're facing? Better parking on the wrong side than on the road itself though 😒 that happens in spades in Warrenpoint

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I think in the US you can get a ticket for parking facing the wrong way up the street. It should definitely be the same here.

bill

Banned
Goodness i made a complete **** of myself tonight i was in terrible form my head was thumping and made a complete fool of myself . The wife wanted to going to Holywood exchange i didnt and was driving along the Knock carriageway i got to Sandown Rd where the road merges into one lane i was in the left lane and there was a young lad in a corsa i was coming up beside him and he beeped me. I stopped and he said you have to give way to the car in front.
He wasnt indicating to merge i thought he was going to turn right up ahead which in the end he was i stopped and gave him a mouth full no swearing but did give the W Anker sign to him.
When i cooled down once we got to Sainsburys i thought bloody hell poor kid this mad headcase mouthing at him over nothing.
Right just incase you are on RMS i Apologise i was a t**t and should have just sat back and let you go on.
Here is a photo of where i am talking about.
Screenshot 66.jpg

Last edited:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Rubberneckers.

Ended up behind a minor accident in my lane of a 2 lane country road, and some kind soul was letting some of the cars ahead of me around the crash. I stopped as I thought they'd let enough through and on they went. But then I spent an absolute age waiting for the next gap as every well spaced apart car coming the other way proceeded to slow to half their speed to gawp at the accident, bunching up and meaning their was no way around.
They wouldn't have been doing any slowing down had a car just been parked.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Agreed. Behind a Suzuki **** box sitting at about 38 in a NSL, well lit, wide and straight as you like. Braked every time a car passed and then sped up as I overtook (could see the car pushing down at the back, noise of engine rising, etc.) my 35d swatted it like a fly but you just think - why?!
Wasnt a wee navy alto by any chance? Saw one do the same to an car in front of me today on the Hillsborough Rd out of Carryduff today

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Goodness i made a complete **** of myself tonight i was in terrible form my head was thumping and made a complete fool of myself . The wife wanted to going to Holywood exchange i didnt and was driving along the Knock carriageway i got to Sandown Rd where the road merges into one lane i was in the left lane and there was a young lad in a corsa i was coming up beside him and he beeped me. I stopped and he said you have to give way to the car in front.
He wasnt indicating to merge i thought he was going to turn right up ahead which in the end he was i stopped and gave him a mouth full no swearing but did give the W Anker sign to him.
When i cooled down once we got to Sainsburys i thought bloody hell poor kid this mad headcase mouthing at him over nothing.
Right just incase you are on RMS i Apologise i was a t**t and should have just sat back and let you go on.
View attachment 259433

At busy times, there'll always be two full rows of traffic there anyway, as the lane is still the same width. Just strangely they havent painted lines on it to mark it as 2.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
View attachment 259433
That’s not you in that other video that busted them bai’s windays and smashed their faces in is it?

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Wasnt a wee navy alto by any chance? Saw one do the same to an car in front of me today on the Hillsborough Rd out of Carryduff today
Possibly, but about 20 miles from where I encountered it. Then again, the speed it was going, it’s taken it the 4 days since I posted to get there!!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
So I'm heading into Asda and intending to turn right at the mini roundabout. I'm onto the roundabout first (indicators on) and I see this white golf coming from 12 o'clock and not looking like stopping.

He jams on the anchors and I'm prepared to give him benefit of the doubt in that he's maybe a bit dozy and not paying attention-

Only he starts flashing his lights at me!

I had right of way and was indicating you old fart. Blind old coot. 😠