What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Just the usual morons that drive straight into the passing lane not passing anyone - why??? especially if they are going below the speed limit
This is the usual Bangor to Ards dual carriageway behaviour only the other night there was 3 in a row fairly tight behind one another and the police following behind yet they weren’t flashed or stopped.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Mirror what others are saying, Trying to use cruise control on the a1 😡 people cannot maintain speed.
Usually southern drivers, half way through an overtake and the inside car speeds up, I set CC at 66/67 when I pull on at the boulevard but it’s near useless with the tw4ts speeding up and slowing down for no reason at all.
Just end up looking stupid overtaking then they overtake you and so on

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Mirror what others are saying, Trying to use cruise control on the a1 😡 people cannot maintain speed.
Usually southern drivers, half way through an overtake and the inside car speeds up, I set CC at 66/67 when I pull on at the boulevard but it’s near useless with the tw4ts speeding up and slowing down for no reason at all.
Just end up looking stupid overtaking then they overtake you and so on

Funny it's the opposite driving down south most the time I found. I used to be down regularly and no one went over 40. You'd get a few mile of no cars then hit a cluster with everyone sitting at 40 and below then miles of none then another cluster. To be fair when I came behind most pulled over as they probably panicked as I wasn't there a second ago, just the difference of 40 to 60.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
At the lights at an intersection (as they say here) and I have a Lexus SC430 or the likes besides me. I let the clutch off like im at the start of the Col du Turini and get the Fiat out quite a bit infant. We have a couple of hundred yards to the next light and im probably 2 1/2 cars lengths in front of the Lexus who is in the middle lane (im in the right lane). We are probably 2/3 towards the next set of lights with the Lexus moving past me rapidly and decides to come into the right lane in front of me. Before they have their car in the right lane they are on the brakes to turn right at the light in front of me - there wasn't a car behind me for at least 5 car lengths but yet this cnut nugget decided it was better to go around me and slam on their brakes. Of course this was followed by lights flashed, horn blazing and me roaring and shouting like a lunatic

Everyday driving in Vegas is a day of effing and blinding. The biggest issue out here is lane discipline. Speeding is fine and I don't care of people do it. What gets me is the absolute inability of "regular" drivers to use the lanes properly.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
The DRL/no lights crowd are out in force, even one coming home this morning at 5:30.

How TF do you not notice?
I think this is generally people who have other **** on their mind. Doesn't excuse it and they should be able to switch off but if mentally they are overwhelmed this is the sort of thing that can happen.... then there is a % that are just incompetent nonces.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
At the lights at an intersection (as they say here) and I have a Lexus SC430 or the likes besides me. I let the clutch off like im at the start of the Col du Turini and get the Fiat out quite a bit infant. We have a couple of hundred yards to the next light and im probably 2 1/2 cars lengths in front of the Lexus who is in the middle lane (im in the right lane). We are probably 2/3 towards the next set of lights with the Lexus moving past me rapidly and decides to come into the right lane in front of me. Before they have their car in the right lane they are on the brakes to turn right at the light in front of me - there wasn't a car behind me for at least 5 car lengths but yet this cnut nugget decided it was better to go around me and slam on their brakes. Of course this was followed by lights flashed, horn blazing and me roaring and shouting like a lunatic

Everyday driving in Vegas is a day of effing and blinding. The biggest issue out here is lane discipline. Speeding is fine and I don't care of people do it. What gets me is the absolute inability of "regular" drivers to use the lanes properly.
I rented a Corvette for a half day or so when I was last in Vegas, some of the wee towns out around Hoover Dam etc were class, on the big wide open roads. But in and around the strip, the driving was horrendous. I was barely able to enjoy myself for fear of some clown in a GMC Yukon driving over the top of me.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
I rented a Corvette for a half day or so when I was last in Vegas, some of the wee towns out around Hoover Dam etc were class, on the big wide open roads. But in and around the strip, the driving was horrendous. I was barely able to enjoy myself for fear of some clown in a GMC Yukon driving over the top of me.
Welcome to my world... lol - yeah open road driving is fine but built up areas are full of plebs. Main roads like Flamingo, Sahara, Charleston, Vegas Blvd etc you need to be VERY switched on.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Saw what I though was going to be a smash yesterday. Going up the slip road onto M3 there was a 4x4 towing a cattle type trailer in the outside lane and then a 3 series in front of me. As soon as we got onto the M3 the 3series indicated and went to over take the trailer that then just pulled out into the outside lane, bmw slammed on brakes before being slammed into the centre rail!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

Try the freeways around LA, I'm a confident driver and have driven in many countries including all over the States, but those particular stretches of road are total madness

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Modern lights in general piss me off, some of the dipped beams on modern cars are so bright, probably on par with full beams from the 90s.

Driving the A3 to work this morning and I was really struggling to see past the modern LED/Xenon lights of on-coming vehicles. Absolute nightmare trying to navigate a dark country road in anything over 10 years old these days because all this modern lighting is just so dazzling!

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Driving the A3 to work this morning and I was really struggling to see past the modern LED/Xenon lights of on-coming vehicles. Absolute nightmare trying to navigate a dark country road in anything over 10 years old these days because all this modern lighting is just so dazzling!

I find a lot of that is down to, at least for me, being in a regular car and then having SUVs driving towards you where the lights are raised up a lot higher.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS

Finding the exact same , I keep thinking I'm just getting older and less resilient to the lights but modern lights are absolutely horrendous on country roads when they are incoming. My driving is definitely suffering too, find myself being one of those goats braking sometimes when an oncoming car approaches because I can't see sh*t then it's like a flashbang for about a mile after too.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Glad to hear I'm not alone .
Night time driving ,particularly in the wet is all but impossible for me now !
The lights on modern vehicles are stupid , bad enough the l.E.D mainbeams , but D.R.L's ,and fog lights as well , not helped by automatic dip ,which is good , but still that fraction to slow over crests ,corners etc .I've stopped using it on mine .

Jeeps, S.U.V,s snd the latest pickups especially the Japanese are the worst .
If these lights are to help us see better and consequently be safer , the result has been the opposite, the sooner the designers realise this the better .

combergti

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6 golf gti
I didn't know why manufacturers don't code the rear lights to active with DRLs, coming up on a car at night with no rear lights on is lethal.

Or do away with drl's completely and dashboards that are lit up all the time. That way the clowns might realise it's dark enough to need to turn the lights on for themselves. Or is that expecting too much.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Or do away with drl's completely and dashboards that are lit up all the time. That way the clowns might realise it's dark enough to need to turn the lights on for themselves. Or is that expecting too much
On a training assessment in England with VW a number of years ago we were given the scenario of customer stating dash clocks not lighting up. We were unable to find fault with the car (purpose of the assessment was to find the change point of when the fault occurred). Long story short the ‘customer’ had started working night shift and was driving with no lights bar DRL on. There is a light sensor in the tacho of VW group cars (a small circle if you look closely) that lights the dials up during the day so they are easy to see but at nighttime switches the lighting off to prompt you to turn your headlights on, which still doesn’t work for some people 🤦‍♂️. The trainer we had did a lot of work with the ROI Audi training centre in Dublin and said a customer was for rejecting his new RS4 for this same ‘fault’ because whenever the car was test driven the techs obviously turned the lights on and everything worked fine. Wasn’t until they went out with the customer driving at night it clicked with them he thought his lights were automatic on all the time.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Maybe manufacturers should just remove the option to turn headlights off, have auto/side/dipped 🤦🏻‍♂️ that way they're drl during the day and you have the choice to have side or dipped in day time or else they are on.