What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Was doing a job a while ago where I drove down the same back road every day. Same 60ish woman walking along at 7.30 every morning in dark clothing and not once did she ever stand in. Had a look about her like "I'm entitled to be here as much as anybody" which is true, but should really be stepping in when someone approaches in a van that fills the road !
It baffles me some people's lack of self preservation.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
OH lives on a back road, any cyclists or walkers never stand in they'll try to cycle or run past the car without stopping. I've got to the point where they have to stop.

Was out last week and I reversed three times to allow people to pass no reason they couldn't have either. None even looked towards me or put the hand up. I'll park the car next time and walk they can reverse.
Not the first time I've left the car on the road and walked home either 🤣 .

combergti

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6 golf gti
The seems to be a lack of personal responsibility when it comes to cyclists, pedestrians school kids etc these days. Hardly surprising when all the safety messages are aimed at vehicle drivers being the ones responsible for everyone else's actions.
I've seen lollipop men stopping traffic for children to cross the second they get to him. Now nothing against having lollipop men/women doing what they do but that case doesn't teach children that sometimes you need to wait for a gap in traffic to cross. This has to have a bearing on children just running straight across roads without a thought.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
The slip road at SD Bells on Upp N'Ards Rd.
double yellows only last for about 4 car lengths from the lights so then upto 6 cars park out the front of the coffee shop instead of the carpark beside it. WTF
Traffic always backed up trying to turn down the Outer Ring.

redxl77

RMS Regular
Last week actually.

Saw a grubby black ford overtake a slow van just before this blind summit. The van was pretty much exactly where this white car (on street view) was when the ford pulled out to overtake.... And yes, there was an oncoming car I noticed coming up the hill. They must have avoided each other by a few metres.

A police car actually appeared behind us shortly after - I wish they'd seen it and taken away this tw@t's licence.

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 18.39.26.png

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Some amount of standing water around today, was coming up from Belfast over the mountain and got stuck behind a Tiguan that was doing 35 and darting about as if whoever was driving couldn't see properly, stamping on the brakes etc. I thought at one point it was going to go into a bank on the left and tip over as it was taking corners like a 50p. Once we were up on the Dundrod circuit I got past him and caught the next blind fecker doing 40 ffs. Seeing quite a lot of this now, people driving along either not paying attention or unable to see or unable to drive, holy cr4p.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
View attachment 380987

Drove through a puddle at a very slow speed and managed to rip off the maxton splitter that's only a few months old ffs
Ok it was a deep puddle but thought the jeep was high enough and literally crawled through it 🤬🤬🤬

Drove through a number of puddles yesterday too at speed and haven't checked my splitter :eek:

WAYTWD:

Not overly but 0430 this morning on the motorway, I am literally the only car in the passing lane approaching 2 lorries, nothing behind me and the lorry behind must have been doing 0.005mph more than the one in front and decided to over take approaching a hill

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
View attachment 380987

Drove through a puddle at a very slow speed and managed to rip off the maxton splitter that's only a few months old ffs
Ok it was a deep puddle but thought the jeep was high enough and literally crawled through it 🤬🤬🤬
I have a maxton splitter on the golf and it looks similar to that! Whatever material they use seems to be very brittle.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I have a maxton splitter on the golf and it looks similar to that! Whatever material they use seems to be very brittle.

Look good but are made of crap - I have the side skirt extensions on my S3 and the rear end of one of them has snapped clean off from a stone probably, happens to them all eventually

My front splitter is Rieger and has been repaired before as well - much thicker material than maxton but will still break

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Look good but are made of crap - I have the side skirt extensions on my S3 and the rear end of one of them has snapped clean off from a stone probably, happens to them all eventually

My front splitter is Rieger and has been repaired before as well - much thicker material than maxton but will still break

I bought a load of epoxy resin and black dye and filled the inner area of the pieces I was fitting - really toughened them up!

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
View attachment 380987

20221122_161100.jpg

Got home today after a night away and picked up what was left of my splitter that someone had kindly set to the side of the road now that the massive puddle has disappeared 😑

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Ballbag on the M2 citybound between Dunsilly and Antrim Hospital offslip this afternoon about 4pm in his Merc almost wiping out the car in front of me as he veers wildly from lane one into two… Yup, you’ve guessed it, texting away and looking down at the phone as I passed. Why is this so common? Rant over.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Ballyclare and its bloody roundabouts. The ones down by six mile park and the bus station are my usual complaints with people looking at each other waiting for someone to go or not indicating (they are both 3 roads meeting at them so you have to indicate as there's straight on).

But tonight's was some muppet in a scenic leaving Asda. In the lane to turn left, not indicating but turns right instead. He would have been into the side of me had I not been second guessing him. Lights and horn, completely oblivious.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The amount of whoppers driving on the M2 today in heavy fog with no lights whatsoever on. Including a considerable number of 'professional' drivers in HGVs, etc.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Drove through a number of puddles yesterday too at speed and haven't checked my splitter :eek:

WAYTWD:

Not overly but 0430 this morning on the motorway, I am literally the only car in the passing lane approaching 2 lorries, nothing behind me and the lorry behind must have been doing 0.005mph more than the one in front and decided to over take approaching a hill

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU
You still on the motorway lol

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The amount of whoppers driving on the M2 today in heavy fog with no lights whatsoever on. Including a considerable number of 'professional' drivers in HGVs, etc.
Not just the motorway, I've seen my fair share of them over the last few evenings, including

White fiesta driven through Ballyclare by a young lad around 6:30 with not a single light on

Black A4 in Carnmoney with one headlight and not even a sidelight on the other

Nissan qashqai with one sidelight and the only headlight pretty pointing down where the driver can't see it

Followed a black a6 avant into Ballyclare with its reverse lights on the whole time (clearly driving forwards)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Nearly wasn't here this morning :confounded:

I have said a few times on this thread about the driving ability of those on back roads with regards to people driving up the middle of the road and having to adjust last minute after me flashing at them or blaring the horn

Didn't have time this morning to do either coming round a bend (me hugging the bank left side as I know what people are like) to be met by this absolute fccukwit all the way over on my side. His face when he saw me come round the corner was a sight and evasive manoeuvres took place. No idea why he was on the wrong side of the road, would love to have got both cars stopped and slapped him silly, getting beyond a joke how people are driving on these roads :mad:

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
When they don't have a white line they think anything goes.
Happens regularly on the back road near me but every year the frost comes and every year it corrects at least one driver on the road without fail.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
But what grinds my f'ing gears is that they will pull over close enough to the left side of the road to allow an oncoming car to pass but once they are past, they move back into the middle of the road preventing an over take :mad: