What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Absolute f'ing ar$e of a man in a southern reg white jeep yesterday morning in Ballymoney

For those who know the round about, its the last one North bound where you go to Coleraine straight on or Portrush to the right (3rd exit)

He was in the left lane so by that indication he was going left into Ballymoney or straight on (like me) in the inside lane to Coleraine - I was in the outside lane to go straight to Coleraine in the outside crawler lane

What does this clampet do?? Decides to do full circle round the roundabout to go to Portrush :eek: thank goodness I have the reactions of a Condylostylus fly (fastest response animal ever, google it) otherwise myself, wife and kids would have been in Coleraine A&E

He had no idea what potential carnage he could have caused and as I came round the round about fully, there were two cars broad side that were behind me - everyone was ok and we all shared shocked looks at each other but FML what a d1ck

Red him, me blue - I wasn't going any speed as I had the family in the car but as you can imagine, you approach the roundabout cautiously and prepare to accelerate on the exit up the hill. Checked my dash cam this morning for it but for some reason it didn't record my whole journey from Belfast - Coleraine.

View attachment 390461

I've had that a few times.
Once when the horn wasn't working on the car and I couldn't even beep at them. Fairly sure they would have heard me calling them all the badtsrds of the day lol

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Wasn’t even going to waste any time writing this but any way here is what annoyed me.

Middle aged guy doing 48 on the road between moneymore and magherafelt for 4 miles. Straight enough road but too hilly to overtake. Two cars behind him then me. We got to the roundabout and he headed towards the new bypass, the other two cars went into the town centre. I was also going onto the bypass.
There is a dual carriage/overtaking section at the beginning of the bypass so with this guy still going about 45, i indicate to pass and accelerate leisurely to over take. It’s Sunday morning and noone else around.
This donkey decides to speed up, until I abandon the overtake at 85 mph.
I pull in behind in and proceed to sit on his bumper until he then brakes and slows down to 40-50mph. I cant overtake due to road markings. Very shortly we come to another roundabout, which he then comes to a complete stop for a few seconds, despite nothing coming, he then heads off a different road to me. Absolute bell end.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Had to jump the battery on Mrs Rigger's sister's car this evening. Started no prob, but needed to get some more charge into the battery.

Drive from Ormeau Rd to Lisburn and back wasn't nice. Yes, it's snowing, but it's not lying on the road to Lisburn, yet there are overly cautious drivers only doing 30mph.

G24NTR

RMS Regular
@Boydie levels of rage today on the A1 with slow moving drivers (~50mph) prematurely moving into the overtaking lane 2 miles before either Hillsborough or Sprucefield roundabouts 😡

Cue me sitting on their bumpers flashing lights furiously like the stereotypical BMW/Audi driver 😂

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Gladys and Mable chatting away quite the thing off Balloo Road at the traffic lights. Sitting yakking instead of driving, slow set off round the corner so we get caught by the next set of lights towards Gransha Rd. Lights duly turn green and they must have been having a good covno about the neighbours. 5 seconds plus on green, ffs, blast of the horn and i get the 🤷‍♀️ hand signal.

Concentrate on the fevking road instead of gassing away and ignoring traffic lights.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I have been quiet lately :joy:

Citroen Picasso into Moira :mad: from the motorway roundabout to Moira, its still 60mph, this person doing 35mph, continues to do 35mph through Moira. You leave Moira to Magheralin its a 40 then pass the new houses its a 60 until you get to Magheralin.

From the small round about at the top of Moira, they slowed to 25mph, did this throughout the 40 then sped up to 35 in the 60 :mad:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
The Westlink just constantly annoys me

People commuting to Belfast from 8-9am, I would genuinely want to be in work for 7am, would hate to sit in nose to tail from Sprucefield to Westlink - so glad I am in the opposite direction!

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
People commuting to Belfast from 8-9am, I would genuinely want to be in work for 7am, would hate to sit in nose to tail from Sprucefield to Westlink - so glad I am in the opposite direction!
We were working in Windsor Park and used to head in for 7 as there wasn't much point in leaving the house half an hour earlier to try and make it in for 8 and then struggle to find parking. Was an awful job in the end for many, many reasons

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
National front types at Dublin Airport protesting about immigration, how immigrants take jobs rape your wives, daughters etc at the main roundabout causing absolutely gridlock. 40 mins added to just get out the airport ffs.

Protest all you want, but disrupting other people trying to get home or flights away isn't the way to do it.

Willy599

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
National front types at Dublin Airport protesting about immigration, how immigrants take jobs rape your wives, daughters etc at the main roundabout causing absolutely gridlock. 40 mins added to just get out the airport ffs.

Protest all you want, but disrupting other people trying to get home or flights away isn't the way to do it.
You'd think if they want people to leave, protesting at an airport is a bad choice. But then again thinking probably isn't their strong suit.

Dan.86

RMS Regular

They were outside the Marine Court Hotel on Thursday night too with signs saying “we aren’t racists”

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
People too feared yesterday to overtake an ambulance doing 30mph from Downpatrick to Dundonald :mad:

(Ambulance maybe had no choice going 30mph which I understand)

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Was sitting waiting to get out of my street and one of those John Deere gaiters went past with 4 kids and an adult crammed into the cab. The driver couldn’t have been a day over 14.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Was sitting waiting to get out of my street and one of those John Deere gaiters went past with 4 kids and an adult crammed into the cab. The driver couldn’t have been a day over 14.

Had something similar on Sunday on my way home from Bishopscourt, I somehow ended up on this country road (sat nav taking shortest route) and met an old, open tractor with a young man/boy driving and I assume the dad standing on the back

Chances of them getting nabbed by police is probably very very slim but I also guess confronting a 911 turbo was pretty slim too :joy:

Today, didnt annoy me but did cause distraction and confusion - the middle aged man who kept zooming up the inside of traffic on the motorway Moira bound to be held up every time by slower drivers. Didn't understand his logic as he kept losing a place so to speak from the people behind him who wouldn't let him back in. We weren't lane hogging FYI.