What Blue Is This?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ok, I’m trying to do a DIY repair on my daughters bike and need a match for the blue. Closest I can think of so far is Audi Kingfisher Blue. Anyone else got any suggestions?

There’s a metallic flake and a turquoise hint to it, though it just looks blue in the photo.

BC6F95DA-7952-430D-A585-DB150B516F9C.jpeg

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Ok, I’m trying to do a DIY repair on my daughters bike and need a match for the blue. Closest I can think of so far is Audi Kingfisher Blue. Anyone else got any suggestions?

There’s a metallic flake and a turquoise hint to it, though it just looks blue in the photo.

View attachment 252407

If you're on an Audi paint theme, crystal ara blue?

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’m led to believe it won’t work on something like a bike frame. Obviously it won’t be 100%, but I just want something as close as I can get.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cheers folks, will explore suggestions tomorrow on the computer.

Is it worth doing? Not just put piece of vinyl or a sticker over it?

Mrs Lyons suggested the same, but a sticker just wouldn’t look right where it is.

04C34B70-2617-4300-8538-9D19C0C2FE16.jpeg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
8A484AA5-569F-42A3-8B6E-D3EBB4444DBC.jpeg

Looks pretty close to Subaru sonic blue too colour code 74f. The classic not the blob eye in the pic.

Last edited:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
You’re never gonna match that on a screen, not in a million years, adjust your brightness even a tiny bit and it’ll be 10 shades out!

Take it in to your nearest car paint supplier and ask to see some colour chips to match it against.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I already have it filled, sanded and primed. Would like to at least try and match it. Though I e already made a hash of the gunmetal 😂😭

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
Where abouts on the bike is this? It looks like you've removed part of a decal to expose the scratch. If you were to replace that black decal, the scratch would never be seen.

If its on the rear chainstay youre fighting a losing battle- chainstays always get wear and tare and the chain stay protector (the decal) is designed to be replaced if and when this happens. Any bike shop would be able to get you one