What Blue Is This?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Was popping in to suggest hydrodipping that sucka in some crazy pattern or carbon.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Where abouts on the bike is this? It looks like you've removed part of a decal to expose the scratch. If you were to replace that black decal, the scratch would never be seen.

If its on the rear chainstay youre fighting a losing battle- chainstays always get wear and tare and the chain stay protector (the decal) is designed to be replaced if and when this happens. Any bike shop would be able to get you one

It’s on the main cross member of the frame.

I don’t know if the gunmetal is a decal that has been lacquered over, or actually paint. I assumed latter.

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
You could try a nail varnish counter in any chemists.
I took my pink/purple Peugeot frame into Boots in Donegal Place for a colour match.
Boots No 7 Grapefruit sorted me right out 😀

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D

Lol, thanks for your support.

I masked all the blue areas just leaving the grey, then thought a light roller would be the job rather than spraying. The flipping roller didn’t even roll so just pushed the paint along. I ended up using a fine brush but it was brutal! Got it sanded down smooth enough this morning but it turns out Audi Quartz is a bit lighter than I needed 🤦‍♂️. Did another rough brush coat at 5.30 before my flight by adding a little black to darken it, so will have to see how horrendous it looks when I get home! The moisture of the spray paint also lifted the masking tape so I lost my straight edge.

Honestly don’t know why I bother!

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Lol, thanks for your support.

I masked all the blue areas just leaving the grey, then thought a light roller would be the job rather than spraying. The flipping roller didn’t even roll so just pushed the paint along. I ended up using a fine brush but it was brutal! Got it sanded down smooth enough this morning but it turns out Audi Quartz is a bit lighter than I needed 🤦‍♂️. Did another rough brush coat at 5.30 before my flight by adding a little black to darken it, so will have to see how horrendous it looks when I get home! The moisture of the spray paint also lifted the masking tape so I lost my straight edge.

Honestly don’t know why I bother!

Neither do I, it's a kids bike - surely after 10 minutes of use it's going to be scratched anyway?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
The chip was very bad. Our kids look after their stuff and treat them well, so didn’t want to be handing over some crappy thing that is wrecked before she even begins.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Go down to the lads in Car + Color just off the Boucher Rd. They'll give you colour chips to match it

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The chip was very bad. Our kids look after their stuff and treat them well, so didn’t want to be handing over some crappy thing that is wrecked before she even begins.

It was free? Recycle it and buy her a new one, or send it to polishing alloys for a strip and powdercoat and put some custom decals on it yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Mel

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus

I try my best to teach the kids to keep there stuff good, but sometimes falls on deaf ears when talking with a 7 year old lol.
I got given a bike last year for my son. First thing I did was polish it and put tyre dressing on lol.

IMG_20191001_115856.jpg