What car for £25k?

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
OP
greyfloppyhat
After using it a few days for family duties I feel it was the right choice, a bit surprised it's being made out that a F15 X5 is a fail of a car, I'd be fairly certain any one on here with one who uses it for the family wagon would be lost without it.

After being flat out seeing more than my fair share of M5's I just don't think there are any out there at the £25k mark that have a full BMW history, low miles(30-50k) and a half decent spec(the non poverty spec looking seats), are preferably LCI and in good condition, all of which are essential in my case. Unless I was happy to be the 7th owner of a car. I think in the end I was only after an M5 as I'd put that much effort into looking at them that I wanted something to show for it, I'e said for a while on that it was the E63 that stole my heart. Unfortunately it's kind of the same story with them, they're £30k + for a good one with a proper diff.

I had went over to pick up an M5 that was actually more than the budget and seemed to be perfect and was disappointed when I seen it and a bit fed up of seeing so many below par M5s so decided to grab something that will sell on easily here and also give us a bit more space than the golf in the meantime while I wait for E63S to drop in price a bit or one to come up within my budget. I'm very pleased with it and also glad it meant I didn't have a second wasted trip to England

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
After using it a few days for family duties I feel it was the right choice, a bit surprised it's being made out that a F15 X5 is a fail of a car, I'd be fairly certain any one on here with one who uses it for the family wagon would be lost without it.

After being flat out seeing more than my fair share of M5's I just don't think there are any out there at the £25k mark that have a full BMW history, low miles(30-50k) and a half decent spec(the non poverty spec looking seats), are preferably LCI and in good condition, all of which are essential in my case. Unless I was happy to be the 7th owner of a car. I think in the end I was only after an M5 as I'd put that much effort into looking at them that I wanted something to show for it, I'e said for a while on that it was the E63 that stole my heart. Unfortunately it's kind of the same story with them, they're £30k + for a good one with a proper diff.

I had went over to pick up an M5 that was actually more than the budget and seemed to be perfect and was disappointed when I seen it and a bit fed up of seeing so many below par M5s so decided to grab something that will sell on easily here and also give us a bit more space than the golf in the meantime while I wait for E63S to drop in price a bit or one to come up within my budget. I'm very pleased with it and also glad it meant I didn't have a second wasted trip to England
All valid points....

....still not an M5 8o|