What classic 4x4 up to £10,000?

Mont

RMS Regular
OP
Mont
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I never thought about Nissan Patrols. Those look fantastic.

Two tone Troopers are just so 90s Japanese 🤣 Love the look of yours @suckindiesel

I’ve never been able to decide if Vehicrosses are so fugly they’re cool, or just fugly. They’re def odd things. Look good in black. Never seen one in black until that pic there.

I always thought early Discovery’s were rust and fire hazards?

I don’t know now. I’ve probably missed the boat on anything interesting and 4x4. Maybe I just buy another car instead 🤔 although I’m a few years too late now for most of the Jap stuff I’ve wanted like tidy £10k DC2s and the like ffs.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Nissan patrol or a 3.1 trooper that's had the front cross member replaced. A locker front diff is easily picked up, rear lsd is standard in some and its easy to raise ride height as the front is torsion bar. I have mine up 4 inches on suspension using rear dislocation cones, longer rear shocks and Landrover springs. At the front I welded a section onto the chassis suspension mounts and moved it down, turned ball joints upside down and used a few turns of the torsion bar tension so it isn't at full droop on maximum extension. Unstoppable for something that stands me less than a grand and the engine is hyper reliable. I've also fitted the compressor section from a 3.0 turbo and screwed the pump

Has plenty of axle articulation even with the IFS and doesn't one wheel front to back like a Landrover with the 'diff lock' engaged, which is effectively no better than a switchable 4WD system with no centre differential.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
I never thought about Nissan Patrols. Those look fantastic.

Two tone Troopers are just so 90s Japanese 🤣 Love the look of yours @suckindiesel

I’ve never been able to decide if Vehicrosses are so fugly they’re cool, or just fugly. They’re def odd things. Look good in black. Never seen one in black until that pic there.

I always thought early Discovery’s were rust and fire hazards?

I don’t know now. I’ve probably missed the boat on anything interesting and 4x4. Maybe I just buy another car instead 🤔 although I’m a few years too late now for most of the Jap stuff I’ve wanted like tidy £10k DC2s and the like ffs.

Missed the boat could well be right, they've really taken off. There won't be another Patrol like that in the UK and probably much further afield, it was resold by KGF a few weeks ago. You would need your wits about you buying old 4x4's. I'll stick a few pics of the Trooper up when its done.

Lee

RMS Regular
I think those Jeep Wranglers are cool and not many about. £10k gets a mint one

I don't know much about them but you'd probably want it converted to LPG if using regularly, I'm sure the 4.0 petrol wouldn't refuse a drink!

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Been debating selling this for a while, might be a little over budget but I could be talked to if your after a defender.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Id just buy this, Not a classic but equally uneconomical, and one of the best looking 4x4’s imo.

if not then it would have to be a range rover of some sort.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Bit over 10k