What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
Fixed the dodgy parking sensor. Now have a fully operational PDC system.
Also, priced up a full engine / gearbox / differential service and complete brake replacement (inc handbrake). Was happy with the result so that is on the cards for the coming weeks!

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
First proper clean inside and out since I got it in August, leather done with gilptone, outside done with sonax and Adams detailing spray mixed and tyres slicked

Ready for MOT later +o( I hate MOT. I'm nervous lol

IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1414.JPG
IMG_1415.JPG
IMG_1416.JPG
IMG_1417.JPG

Markon

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3
Love that colour! Also are those original headlights or did you do the group buy on audi-sport for t8ups ones?

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP

Cheers bud (y)
Love that colour! Also are those original headlights or did you do the group buy on audi-sport for t8ups ones?

Cheers bud (y) Missed out on the group buy. If any come up might buy a set tho.

You have that S3 spotless @ruairi83 Let us know how you get on with the MOT bud!

Cheers bud (y) Will do if I pass lol

Love it. Bar the wheels!

S3 Avus wheels got the tyres off today and getting refurbed in two weeks with some new tyres.

Lovely @ruairi83

Tho some day youll come out and that bag will have dropped and went through the rear window lol

Cheers bud (y) Naw the bag won't budge but as it's truly secured properly, don't you blight me tho :party:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I feel your pain @Markon , someone has opened their door or something onto my car too. Only a minor dent in the rear quarter but some people just don't respect other people's property.

If I ever done it I would at least have the balls to own up to it and sort the damage.

Markon

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3
Literally slows up all my plans for the car, its in next week for full service and to get my new Koni shocks and H&R springs fitted with adjustable tie arms. It's something I could do without to be honest

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Snorkel fitted......eventually! I swear it would have been easier fitting it to an MX5 as it definitely wasn't meant for a Shogun ffs! :mad:
Just a few belts to change, build it back up then off-roading on Sunday to see what i can break!

IMG_2141.JPG

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Failed MOT on rear calliper. :oops: It failed on calliper that was replaced recently too. Aw well hopefully easy fix and be sorted by next week.
At least that will be an easy enough fix and you will soon be able to enjoy the car!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Decided I'd treat the new whip to a pair of front shocks, drop links and top mounts. Planned for tomorrow but the Mrs wants to do something.... so no time like the present. What a complete cluster f**k of an operation. Top mounts nuts rung, drop links threaded, drive shaft fell to pieces and needed rebuilt, greased, new collars I had sitting for the metro fitted and it fell off one axle stand (thankfully on to a chassis rail).

What a way to spend a Friday afternoon / evening :worried:

At least it's now done and there's beer and pizza.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Make me and offer. :party: Il take a bad price over £3k lol. Springs, shocks and mounts going in tomorrow lol :cool:

Good luck with the shocks. Jesus the front ones are a nightmare. Definitely loosen the drive shaft bolt and don't do what I did and assume it'll be dead on. It needs that wee bit of extra movement to get the arms low enough. Otherwise you might pull it apart and it needs opening and put back together

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
I exactly bud. I was smiling when MOT tester told me as knew it could be sorted quick enough. Hopefully two weeks and it'll be on the road. Have springs, shocks and mounts going into next weekend with a mate

Good man! It will be worth it all in the end! (y)