What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Only found this out recently myself about the silica bag - want to remove it from mine as well after hearing some horror stories of them bursting.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
It’s supposed to preserve the life of the coolant. Wasn’t going to take that risk after seeing it happen to a Leon FR firsthand.
Dead simple to do, I was able to pull it out without any pliers which most people do.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
It’s supposed to preserve the life of the coolant. Wasn’t going to take that risk after seeing it happen to a Leon FR firsthand.
Dead simple to do, I was able to pull it out without any pliers which most people do.
What years and engines is this in?
2012 a3 1.6 tdi and 2015 a4 2.0tdi have them?

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Washed the R, the other half’s scirocco and the daily beater Passat that I’ve just took possession of. It looks and drives well for something with over 170k miles! The Passat obviously hadn’t been washed in ages as it even had moss growing around the trim and lights :joy:. It came up great with thanks to Anachem products though.
View attachment 218457
View attachment 218456
View attachment 218454
View attachment 218455

My old b6 with 237,000 miles on the clock.

They wear their miles very well

20160430_200253-1_zpskvsau6er.jpg

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
At last, finally found time to give it a wash, with the crap weather and whatever else it's been weeks since the last wash.
It was a struggle to remove the caked on dirt but it was worth the effort
image.jpg

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Following on from the discussion in @NickR85 thread re his Golf R I decided to get myself into gear and clean the exhaust tips on mine. It really is a thankless task as theyll be as bad in a week but they look good for now:

Before:
IMG_20181216_104101.jpg

During:
IMG_20181216_104022.jpg

IMG_20181216_104143.jpg

And after:
IMG_20181216_105135.jpg

This thankless task took nearly 45 mins. I can't even be bothered to wash the car today so I settled on cleaning the inside and the windows. Will do until next weekend.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Following on from the discussion in @NickR85 thread re his Golf R I decided to get myself into gear and clean the exhaust tips on mine. It really is a thankless task as theyll be as bad in a week but they look good for now:

Before:
View attachment 218613

During:
View attachment 218614
View attachment 218615

And after:
View attachment 218616

This thankless task took nearly 45 mins. I can't even be bothered to wash the car today so I settled on cleaning the inside and the windows. Will do until next weekend.
Job well done, looks so much better(y)

Gaarg

RMS Member
Drives
Volksvagen
Today I went through the service of my Hyundai Creta, changed the oil and filters. After all, I decided to please her a bit and went to a car wash and polish.

Last edited:

Gemma

RMS Regular
Gave her a quick bath yesterday,
two buckets,
chemical shampoo (only thing I have)
Dried with anachem ultra gloss detailer
Wiped down with anachem hybrid detailer
Big red will probaly get washed on national wash your car day aka Christmas Eve lol
IMG_20181221_104048.jpg