What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

warren

RMS Photographer
@redanni I love the Focus RS observation throne in the corner there :laughing:

I wish I had a garage that tidy! Do you have another shed somewhere for usual tat? (lawnmower, BBQ, riffraff)

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
@redanni I love the Focus RS observation throne in the corner there :laughing:

I wish I had a garage that tidy! Do you have another shed somewhere for usual tat? (lawnmower, BBQ, riffraff)
I have a very small lawnmower storage thingy but that’s it. Wish I could get rid of the bikes:joy:
Thanks for the comments, appreciate it(y)

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Is this just keeping it standard ride height? My suspension is tired and ive been looking at the B12 kits, but cant justify spending £600+ on shocks and springs 🙈

And i begrudge buying a cheapo set of coilovers for it as i dont need it any lower than how it currently sits (circa 40-50mm)
It's a bit lower than standard at the back but not as low as the coilovers; haven't the fronts in yet as I've broken my thumb but already its more comfortable.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Is this just keeping it standard ride height? My suspension is tired and ive been looking at the B12 kits, but cant justify spending £600+ on shocks and springs 🙈

And i begrudge buying a cheapo set of coilovers for it as i dont need it any lower than how it currently sits (circa 40-50mm)
B12’s is a pretty firm setup

e320mark

RMS Regular
Bath time, again! It’s gonna be a long winter!
0A38C569-2AF0-479D-9F8E-272B8A7AB393.jpeg

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
not really today but might as well have been....broke the return pipe off my power steering reservoir. Buying a replacement is not an option as it's part of the pump. how would you recommend repairing this? it's a fairly substantial pipe that fits into it so I'm reluctant to just glue the brittle broken bit back on.

20191019_182100.jpg

thefool1983

RMS Regular
not really today but might as well have been....broke the return pipe off my power steering reservoir. Buying a replacement is not an option as it's part of the pump. how would you recommend repairing this? it's a fairly substantial pipe that fits into it so I'm reluctant to just glue the brittle broken bit back on.

View attachment 253937
What about something like this..

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah something like the above. Probably brass with repair washer and a seal either side. Make sure surfaces are smooth and as flat as possible.

Did something similar with a cooling pipe in the MX-5 and it's held up fine.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Monday. Day off work, empty Causeway Coastal route. Met a few old convertibles along the way.

m3-torr-1.JPG

m3-torr-2.JPG

cars.jpg

Random I know, but would I have passed your house going kilrea garvagh direction? Seen a nice one sitting at a house up off the road.
Lots to look at in the passenger seat of the van 😂
Also seen a few oul cars like that today around randalstown to Antrim 👍🏼

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Random I know, but would I have passed your house going kilrea garvagh direction? Seen a nice one sitting at a house up off the road.
Lots to look at in the passenger seat of the van 😂
Also seen a few oul cars like that today around randalstown to Antrim 👍🏼

No @Boksic, wouldn’t be mine.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Finally got the coil overs in, every time I went to do something I needed a new tool! Everything is made very awkward to work on newish cars at home now

havnt got it on the ground yet but should be able to do that on Saturday, just took the time to tide the brake discs with a bit of vht anthracite and sealer, quite chuffed even though you won’t really see it all!
18793B57-5C92-4FC0-A4E4-639C0C760C59.jpeg
C4DF373F-C64C-4162-87EB-9E1DB0F3E4EA.jpeg
A9FD98EB-ED9F-46B4-87EC-8FC005971F76.jpeg
B075117D-6410-45DB-A07D-D82A05B28697.jpeg